Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shtkn

[CT-CSE] Critique my Jin Thread. Post videos of yourself playing and get advice

lol first of all stop doing 5C>6C>DC>throw, stop mashing out 2D(in general too), look at the combo thread, learn to hit confirm, yeah start from here i guess?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRBSwbkNTHE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F6xnO-Y5AY&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lus0-rSXT0Q&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Yeah, providing footage of my friend Jin in action from the xbl side. These are old videos but I'm the one capable of recording and such. Critique or enjoy the fights. He's a great player names Lazyishard but his gold expired last week. Plus he improved tons of what your reviewing right now (Just uploading the first batch). If you can recognize any of these players fighting styles and know the username. I'll gladly change the tags. Thanks in advance.

refer him to the combo thread, the guys he were playing were really free and he doesn't know how jin works, tell him to watch videos of japanese jin players

I hate to agree with Simon here but he's right, there wasn't a single consistent combo in any of these video. There were black beat, low damage, no knockdown combos all over the place. One example is the match against Hakumen, he landed a 6B CH twice and both times he used a pretty crummy dashing 5B follow-up as opposed to the usual 6C. The Jin mirrors were painful to watch :/

Now I'd like to watch his more recent matches and see if he has really improved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7HgIcuNmdU

seifuuku was playing b. mode tager but w/e, still better than 90% of the tagers online lol.

0:28 - Really unnecessary addition to the combo. You straight up gave away your corner carry into oki by throwing in the extra hits and by trying to go CT mode on Tager at the end of the combo. I would suggest practicing your hit confirming. The 5B might slide, but the 2B was excessive.

1:40 - Counter hit j.5C will combo into 2D or (dash) 6C. Seeing Jin dash up and 5A after it hurt me in my heart.

2:02 - Really laying it on thick there with the repetitive pressure. Try and mix it up a bit. The hole where you dash up and do 2A again could easily be beaten out by a 5A or Tager Buster. Especially when you keep whiffing the 2B. Learn to space and poke with your 5C and j.5C. An experienced Tager isn't really someone you want to be constantly pressuring anyway.

2:15 - You probably shouldn't waste the meter for the 236D at the end of the combo like that without deciding on how you're going to mix the opponent up.

2:29 - Not that you really did much wrong here but I just wanted to point out that the j.5B is a fairly bad idea, especially against Tager. His 2A will almost always beat it out clean.

3:25 - My heart, Leaf. Right in my heart.

lololololol good times, imo you rely on 236D reset too much and you don't actually try to reset it, lack of hit confirm on counter hit 5B on j.C and bad choice for combos imo

Solid pressure and good use of 236D resets, I didn't really see anything wrong in that match aside from some random hits that didn't get confirmed correctly or didn't get confirmed at all. The 5C CH > Ice Car RC combo near the end of round one is one example, the only other reason for doing that would be to carry Tager all the way to the corner and get the j.B > j.2C > j.C/j.D > oki ender into 236D reset but I'm pretty sure that a combo like 5C CH > 6C > 2D > (dashing) 5C > j.B > j.2C > j.C > oki ender would have worked in the same way. The other example would be on the second round when you had Tager locked down in the corner, you landed a 5C but you jumped and used barrier to get away, that would have been a lulzy burst bait if he had the ability to burst.

Still, you seem to have a solid Jin.

thanks for the advice guys, lol i didnt even know CH j.C could combo into 6C. feels bad, man :( i agree, i have a lot trouble hit confirming especially 5B>6C, something i need to really work on, that counter hit 5C into jump cancel is a prime example :(

236D resets, I normally do those but the first time i messed up the cross under 2A into 6B and the other two were super baits

other than the basic, counter throw and block better. how can i improve my jin?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJwFGV9HnYA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix-6ZWxKgt8

Working on your hit confirmation might help. I notice that after a j.5B hit on a crouching opponent you go straight into 2A 2/5B. You should be able to manage a 5B by itself or even a 5C if the opponent is crouching. Hell, I can do it on a standing opponent now that I think about it. Those extra hits are ruining a perfectly good 100 P1 starter. When you start a combo with 5B, you don't seem to go for either the sweep pickup or sekkajin combo. Give'em a whirl in practice mode. Much more useful than 5B 2B 5C 3C 214B.

You seem to like being in the air a lot. It would help to practice some ground footsies, anti-airs, and spacing. Being in the air isn't always as good as you might think. j.5B x N is a pretty bad tactic. Everyone and their mother can beat it out with a 5A, 6A, or something similar and it's painfully obvious when it's coming most of the time. You should also try j.5A more against grounded and airborne opponents. It's a lot faster than j.5B so it will make for a safer IAD poke.

.....so i watched some of the first video and you really need to work on execution and you don't hit confirm those crouching/counter hits at all, you need to start using better combos too, facepalmed @ 6A>sekkajin>drop

I has been a while since I've posted one of my videos here, let's what you guys have to say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3euFoLPBclA

I'll save you some trouble by discerning some of the obvious mistakes I made:

1. There were times when my combo choices were poor, the glaring example here is that j.C CH that I landed after avoiding that 720. Could have easily confirmed that into a dashing 5C > DP B corner combo, or 2D > combo.

2. Lots of whiffed j.Bs, I usually am not one to use j.B so poorly, so I don't see this being much of a problem in the future.

3. I could have easily RC'd that first blocked 6A. I was surprised that he blocked it though, I was already mashing Sekkajin and everything lol.

That's it for captain obvious, the rest is up to you guys.

I know you want to get better oki by RC ing your ice car but I dont think that was worth the 50% meter...

also most of the time I see you run up 5B, I know it's jin best poke but against tager sometimes you can do run up 2B or 3C for low mixup and it would also go through sledge or maybe run up throw

also try to use more barrier block, you got hit by 2C because u didnt barrier block I guess.. and even if it's against tager try not to jump too much lol.., I learned that lesson the hard way during ikkicon tournament...

against that whiffed 2C you can do 5C too instead of 2A , it's a lot of recovery time right there.

you could've tech that long combo too when you are close to the ground and wont get AC-ed..., I know you are maybe dont wanna get reset-ed but if you are close to the ground you wont get AC-ed...

I know you might want to get some meter.., but after 30 hits blue beat combo it's not worth your health to do that

against tager.., I also don't really care about 3C oki.., I usually end it with C ice car on the ground or in the air...for more dmg....after you've done enough dmg too..., you can just stay away and let him come to you...

tager isn't easy to get in if you are not magnetized..., and even if you are magnetized..., you can use that to your advantage....

you need to bait for that wheel super too if he has 50% or more.., that functions a lot like tager DP..., beside his backdash....

also if you RC the hit after 2D.., you have like more than +5 frame to do stuff if they didnt IB it so try to do hi/lo/throw mixup instead of just like 2A or I think since tager hit box is big usually I dont even bother to do that most of the time.

In the corner , i Like to use EX-fireball as a mixup too..., you can use it after 3C and then jump..., and then you can air dash jB for high mix up, land 2B for low.., or throw(riskiest) since they can mash 720......

but yea, I usually use it against my tager sparring partner scotty and you can keep them guessing that way....

I know you want to get better oki by RC ing your ice car but I dont think that was worth the 50% meter...

Yeah, that was definitely not worth 50 Heat, that was one of the heat of the moment things, lol.

also most of the time I see you run up 5B, I know it's jin best poke but against tager sometimes you can do run up 2B or 3C for low mixup and it would also go through sledge or maybe run up throw

I try not to use 2B as a starting attack that much because if if gets blocked then you have to follow-up with 5C and end pressure, 6D and 236D are very risky against Tager because he can punish you HARD if he reacts to them, the same goes for jump cancels to reset pressure. That and most people know to always block low against Jin lol.

also try to use more barrier block, you got hit by 2C because u didnt barrier block I guess.. and even if it's against tager try not to jump too much lol.., I learned that lesson the hard way during ikkicon tournament...

Yeah, I don't know why the hell I let go off the Barrier button(s), I usually hold that shit every time I jump. As for jumping against Tager, that's just me trying not to get tick Buster'd, of course he could yomi Collider that if I get too predictable. I guess I should start back dashing if I'm not magnetized to avoid getting tick Buster'd. I don't really like the Jin vs Tager match-up because of those 50-50 mind games with Busters and Colliders.

against that whiffed 2C you can do 5C too instead of 2A , it's a lot of recovery time right there.

Yeah, that's what I thought as I saw the replay, 5C is fast enough to punish a whiffed 2C.

you could've tech that long combo too when you are close to the ground and wont get AC-ed..., I know you are maybe dont wanna get reset-ed but if you are close to the ground you wont get AC-ed...

I know you might want to get some meter.., but after 30 hits blue beat combo it's not worth your health to do that

I'm not too worried about losing 200-300 extra points of damage against Tager because his damage gets scaled really bad the longer he does a combo. Of course, what I didn't take into consideration is that he could have AC'd me the moment I went for a neutral tech on the ground for magnetic pull > Buster shenanigans. As for the meter thing, lol I would never willingly take damage to build meter.

against tager.., I also don't really care about 3C oki.., I usually end it with C ice car on the ground or in the air...for more dmg....after you've done enough dmg too..., you can just stay away and let him come to you...

tager isn't easy to get in if you are not magnetized..., and even if you are magnetized..., you can use that to your advantage....

Yeah, I guess I'll refrain for going for 3C oki against Tager and prioritize damage, 3C oki actually does more harm than good as you're once again placed into that 50-50 Buster/Collider mindfuck. That's right, I should go for 3C > 236D more often against Tager as it gives me all the time in the world to plan my next move on a basically helpless Tager. I lol'd that at one time I went for a 3C knockdown into dashing 2A for a cross-under but Tager is such a fat bastard that Jin just couldn't squeeze under him.

you need to bait for that wheel super too if he has 50% or more.., that functions a lot like tager DP..., beside his backdash....

You're right, even if he decides to go for a 720, I'll still avoid it if I jump cancel most of Jin's normals.

also if you RC the hit after 2D.., you have like more than +5 frame to do stuff if they didnt IB it so try to do hi/lo/throw mixup instead of just like 2A or I think since tager hit box is big usually I dont even bother to do that most of the time.

Yup, a huge waste of meter that was, I could have better spent that meter going for a dashing 6A and RC'ing that if it got blocked.

Well, thanks for the input boss, I'll keep this in mind next time I play a decent Tager like this one.

Don't call me boss lol.., you have better PSR and win ratio online...

anyway... I think run up 2B still works..., and you dont need to end it with 5C..., you can do something abit riskier like 3C or other follow up sometimes if you know the tager is patient...,

the instict for most player in mid range or long range is just to press back instead of low block you can see a lot of time when you do 5B after jB jC that he is still blocking high too, that's your chance to mix it up with 2B or 3C

also this specific tager really like to sledge especially in the first round, low or throw will definitely hit him.

also I know it might be heat of the moment but throw(2) > DP B is always the way to go in the corner too

to get off the mind game of 50-50 AC and collider you can always IAD back if you aren't magnetized and I dont think AC will catch you that way.

if you are afraid to get buster'ed on the ground you had a lot of meter during that time. you can just DP C > RC after you tech on the ground eventhough it's risky

I also like to use jB crossup against a lot of tager..., but I think the title of your video is self explanatory for that lol

Don't call me boss lol.., you have better PSR and win ratio online...

lol, come on now, online PSR and Win Ratio is a laughable thing. I had a PSR of 210 and a Win Ratio of 90% way back when CS was just released. Of course those numbers started to diminish slowly, now I can only win about 1 of 5 matches whenever I get on Ranked because the only people that still play this game are usually good lol. Offline experience > online experience, boss >:)

Mmm, I didn't think of 2B that way, I guess I should really start going for dashing 2Bs. It's going to take me a while to adapt to that because I usually just use 2B as a starter in the corner. You must have noticed that I didn't confirm any of those 2Bs in my blocks strings that I landed because I'm not used to actually having those hit at all, lol.

The reason why I didn't go for a Throw > DP B in the corner is because I second guessed myself and thought that I would miss the 6C > 6D timing, so I just went for the easier combo.

You can use IAD back to avoid Colliders? That's news to me, I'll have to test that out in Training Mode later on.

As for DP C, I'm not much of a risk taker, did you see how my DP C got baited by a back dash > 5D? lol. It should work if he's pressuring me though but the thing is that tick Busters are very unpredictable, they can come out from just about anything, so I can never be sure as to when i should DP. That 5D > tick 720 sure took me by surprise.

Yup, I like my j.B cross-ups, too bad that I either timed them wrong or didn't space myself correctly. That's not like me though, I played another Tager just before this one and I was rocking those j.B cross-ups :v:

you can use EX DP D when in doubt lol..., I use it quite a bit against Scotty tager eventhough it's also risky as hell, but it even will beat a 720 if you do it correctly and if they bait it with back dash you'll hit him immediately with the 2nd hit because of the tager backdash recovery.

Also you might not like 2B too much because of the bad p1 proration it has but any dmg is good dmg and it will keep them wary of the way you can get in. which is a good thing to keep them scared and guessing.

also don't forget that you can avoid collider with back IAD if you aren't magnetized lol..., if you are magnetized I think you are screwed either way....but it's better than jumping back since they can collider you even if you arent magnetized if you are just jumping back I think....

Unless you are training yourself for CSII, no 3C>236D shenanigans? heck even if you do it midscreen (which does work on Tager) you can add a crossup factor into it.

Oh and whenever you can expect a 720/360, 6B is a risky but very rewarding tool to use as it is throw invincible instead of jumping. Also even if you do get hit in the middle of it, it is likely that they won't expect it so will mess up their combo anyway.

Also there were times you could have punished him very easily especially when he whiffed the 2D at 1:35 you could have finished it quicker.

Other than that, solid Jin.

You know what else I'm not doing? Using j.236D shenanigans, I always forget that I have access to those XD

Thanks again though, really useful stuff there.

o_O man what was i watching in the 2nd round?

imo i think you rely on 5c>j.b vs tager a bit too much and you had a few opportunities to do side swap from 2d, but you traded that up for j.b combo

you couldve done some crossup stuff with 5b in the corner and you should be cancelling your throw in corner into fubuki combo?

o_O man what was i watching in the 2nd round?

imo i think you rely on 5c>j.b vs tager a bit too much and you had a few opportunities to do side swap from 2d, but you traded that up for j.b combo

you couldve done some crossup stuff with 5b in the corner and you should be cancelling your throw in corner into fubuki combo?

lol

I do rely on 5C > j.B a lot against Tager, it would have been ok if I was actually landing them but that wasn't the case, I'll try to ease up on those 5C JCs. As for side swapping with 2D, are you talking about 2D > 236D > (run under) 6C > 214C?

Yeah, I could have done some 5B > j.B cross-ups in the corner. Yup, should have canceled that throw into DP B > corner combo, I don't know what I was thinking there.

Overall, I wasn't thinking straight during this match, lots of poor choices in both combos and meter management.

as in 2d>dash 6c>dc>dash 5c>6c>air combo for those crouch hits you get once in a while you're in the corner

oh yeah you could've hirensou rc 2b pick up combo that 720 if you were paying closer attention since from my experience tagers will almost always try to tick 360/720 after 2-3 5a's, if they block it you still have to rc anyways if you wanted to combo off it so...might as well? :O