Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shtkn

[CT-CSE] Critique my Jin Thread. Post videos of yourself playing and get advice

You need to work on your hit confirm. First round you hit him crouching a few times but did not confirm into 5c>6C>XXXX

Another thing is 6B. You were doing wayyy too low damage on that. The first round, you hit tao while she had like less than half health left. You could have finished the match there and then. Not sure why you're doing 5B>Sekka after a instead of going for 6C.

I only watched that one btw.

Missed crouch confirms on the 1st round? the only things i missed was i IB'd into 2b (accident) and him bursting lol....

and the 6b counter hits into 5b> was meh at least i didnt drop it in this shitty netplay.

There was also that air sword>Air dash>JC>J2C which you dropped and that J.B starter which you didn't confirm.

Also if it's shitty netplay why are you even uploading them? I can't imagine how laggy a match between Socal and Canada must have been. Totally not representative if there's that much lag.

You should play Leaf. From what i've seen, your jin is solid and has some good gimmicks going on, you just need to work on hitconfirm and not dropping combos. But then again, we all need to work on that:kitty:

Match 1, 0:23: That 2D was totally asking for a 6C from Mu, haha. I'm not one who should critique since I'm still terribad at this game. Just had to say it.

But one thing I've noticed is that you don't finish your combos a lot. You shouldn't go for so many resets because although it can lead to hell of a lot of damage, it gets pretty predictable if you do it all the time.

Oh and corner combos. Work on them, you'd be surprised to see how better things get.

Ive played badbone alot since the CT days and we played quite a few during CS. we havent played in a while though. But Baiken and SRZ are the funnest jin meers to play with ^_^

In one of the videos I saw that you were mashing 2A to punish a roll out of the corner, you couldn't follow up the 2A that landed because you were mashing 2A lol. I can't understand the logic behind mashing, you're relying on luck rather than actually timing whatever move you were trying to use.

That aside, your hit-confirms suffered severely in matches 3 and 4. Some examples that really stood out for me... one of them happened when you landed a 5D near the corner, that could have been an easy 5B > 5C > DP B > corner stuff but instead you jump canceled for god knows why; the other one happened when you landed a 2A near the corner again, this time you finished your combo with an Ice Car B instead of going for the standard DP B corner combo. Later on match 4 you landed a beautiful j.C CH on that Mu while she was crouching, that just screamed "DASHING 6C NOW" but... you did nothing.

Now there's the issue with your j.D reset attempts... you need to learn the spacing for those air dash > j.Ds. I very rarely ever see you land those and when you do, you're not close enough to the opponent to follow up with something worthwhile. You might as well just finish your combos and gain more damage + oki lol. Seriously though, learn the spacing required for those air dash > j.Ds. Hit up training mode, setup situations where you can land an anti-air 5A, 2A, or DP C CH and test it out from the minimal to the maximum range at which you land those moves. I recommend those because you don't get much damage out of them and you won't risk losing too much damage if the reset fails.

Not really a video of me "playing"

but here: 6C>2D>j.2C

Can be done without rapid cancel and is quite easy.

And you were all telling me "Nope, Can't Be Done, Ok?"

In one of the videos I saw that you were mashing 2A to punish a roll out of the corner, you couldn't follow up the 2A that landed because you were mashing 2A lol. I can't understand the logic behind mashing, you're relying on luck rather than actually timing whatever move you were trying to use.

That aside, your hit-confirms suffered severely in matches 3 and 4. Some examples that really stood out for me... one of them happened when you landed a 5D near the corner, that could have been an easy 5B > 5C > DP B > corner stuff but instead you jump canceled for god knows why; the other one happened when you landed a 2A near the corner again, this time you finished your combo with an Ice Car B instead of going for the standard DP B corner combo. Later on match 4 you landed a beautiful j.C CH on that Mu while she was crouching, that just screamed "DASHING 6C NOW" but... you did nothing.

Now there's the issue with your j.D reset attempts... you need to learn the spacing for those air dash > j.Ds. I very rarely ever see you land those and when you do, you're not close enough to the opponent to follow up with something worthwhile. You might as well just finish your combos and gain more damage + oki lol. Seriously though, learn the spacing required for those air dash > j.Ds. Hit up training mode, setup situations where you can land an anti-air 5A, 2A, or DP C CH and test it out from the minimal to the maximum range at which you land those moves. I recommend those because you don't get much damage out of them and you won't risk losing too much damage if the reset fails.

hmm okay thanks for heads up.

I also expeirenced something weird when i was doing a playing around with j.d resets. it was a really low blocked JD, not sure if it has frame advantage but i was hitting peoples mashes out with 5b. confirm this for me.

it was a really low blocked JD, not sure if it has frame advantage but i was hitting peoples mashes out with 5b. confirm this for me.

Mmm, that's odd, I'll give it a try.

Well, you're sacrificing a ton of damage if you go for a combo like that. I for one thought that you meant that you were going for a falling j.2C > j.C > dashing 5B > standard oki setup.

Well, you're sacrificing a ton of damage if you go for a combo like that. I for one thought that you meant that you were going for a falling j.2C > j.C > dashing 5B > standard oki setup.

Well I was thinking of doing something into 6C>2D

I don't main jin, so I'm not worried about achieving perfection.

Also, with that combo, if your opponent doesn't block immediately, you can do it again.

And there's that odd thing I've spotted right at the beginning.

You got 5C > 6C (no combo counter appearing), then goes 2D and magically you've got a 2 appearing on the combo counter. Not legit I say, should be a 9 hit combo.

And there's that odd thing I've spotted right at the beginning.

You got 5C > 6C (no combo counter appearing), then goes 2D and magically you've got a 2 appearing on the combo counter. Not legit I say, should be a 9 hit combo.

5C doesn't combo into 6C. At least, the game never picks it up.

5C doesn't combo into 6C. At least, the game never picks it up.

Yes, because 5C > 6C should only connect on counter hit. Go ahead and try it again because your combo is basically a 6C starter which honestly could deal more damage and/or give Oki setups.

And get the habit of putting Guard after first hit. *facepalms*

5C>6C works on crouchers w/o counterhit.

Good point, forgot to mention that. Doesn't change the fact that his combo is basically a 6C starter. Because it 5C > 6C does not connect on standing normal hits.

EDIT: I have finally noticed that the whole time, the 5C wasn't included in your combo. Makes a lot more sense. But still, useless combo :/.

Somebody brick me LOL.

And...I just realized, the 5C isn't in damage calculations, and I never said it was a 5C starter.

I do have a habit of always doing 5C>6C even without counter though.

And...I just realized, the 5C isn't in damage calculations, and I never said it was a 5C starter.

I do have a habit of always doing 5C>6C even without counter though.

Edited too late. I'm retarded, sorry about that one hahaha.

I'll refrain from posting right when I wake up ever again. :vbang:

I also expeirenced something weird when i was doing a playing around with j.d resets. it was a really low blocked JD, not sure if it has frame advantage but i was hitting peoples mashes out with 5b. confirm this for me.

I tested it out and it's probably either +1 or neutral if you do it as low to the ground as possible. Should score you a nice 5B CH if they use something slower than 7 frames.

Landing cuts the recovery frames of the J.D I think. I do that a lot with Makoto J.B whiff. to bait slow AAs like kune's 5C

I wonder why the frame advantage/disadvantage in jumping attacks isn't covered in the frame data. I guess that the distance from the ground at which you use the move has something to do with it.

okay, i stand corrected that it does in fact combo.

However why would you want to do this? I tried it out for a bit yesterday and you need to be close to them for this to work; if you do 6C from too far away or if they're in the air, it won't combo. I highly doubt you'll be getting a non-counterhit 6C at that range. On counter hit you can do a much better combo involving three 6Cs.