Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shtkn

[CT-CSE] Critique my Jin Thread. Post videos of yourself playing and get advice

This is from A week or so ago...it isn't my best but you can see improvement...unfortunately my friend only recorded the first round since it was a perfect..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTYxwZKYJ-Q

Mazterskill really had the right idea. Videos where you lose are much more important than videos where you win. Videos like the one quoted here make it extremely hard to give constructive advice.

Edit: I second the advice you already received. I'm not positive, but it also looks like you also whiffed an air grab in the match, and then landed an air grab during a combo. Even if someone wasn't on the lookout for a !! air grab, the first whiff should have clued them in.

Mazterskill really had the right idea. Videos where you lose are much more important than videos where you win. Videos like the one quoted here make it extremely hard to give constructive advice.

I only have two uploaded this crappy one and the one i mentioned above it..i don't have any where i lose, I have plenty of replays of me losing but no way to get them up.

And yea i did whiff the first air grab..match was lagging on/off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b7EwgWGpS8

Well, here's a vid from early last month. I've improved on the matchup a good bit since then. For one, I don't use 214D to end most of my combos and just go for a normal 214B for knockdown. I stopped picking up Nu off the ground in a combo resulting in more than 7 hits to ensure I keep pressure in the corner. I incorporated 6D in my game and try to counter Act Pulsar with 2B now. I don't whiff my combos as much and I do the ground loop whenever I can for better damage. I also block Nu's attacks a lot better than in this video. I play about the same in every other way, but I try not to fear Nu too much.

I play against other characters with even more inclusion of 2A and j.A as well, but I don't actually have a recent vid of me playing sadly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b7EwgWGpS8

Well, here's a vid from early last month. I've improved on the matchup a good bit since then. For one, I don't use 214D to end most of my combos and just go for a normal 214B for knockdown. I stopped picking up Nu off the ground in a combo resulting in more than 7 hits to ensure I keep pressure in the corner. I incorporated 6D in my game and try to counter Act Pulsar with 2B now. I don't whiff my combos as much and I do the ground loop whenever I can for better damage. I also block Nu's attacks a lot better than in this video. I play about the same in every other way, but I try not to fear Nu too much.

I play against other characters with even more inclusion of 2A and j.A as well, but I don't actually have a recent vid of me playing sadly.

In case of using 214D into corner knockdown, you can use 2C into Grab for reset as you can then dash J.B > J.C combo/pressure or 236D if they dash toward you. Or what I started to do which is 2C > J.A wait for their tech and grab them in the mist of it.

In case of using 214D into corner knockdown, you can use 2C into Grab for reset as you can then dash J.B > J.C combo/pressure or 236D if they dash toward you. Or what I started to do which is 2C > J.A wait for their tech and grab them in the mist of it.

I saw Tetsu use that reset in a recent video. Although i haven't been able to try it out myself, it looks like it works pretty well. I've always been using the 214D -> 2C -> Air Grab reset. And sometimes the opponent sees it coming and counters it. If you're playing against some scubbyer people the Air Grab might actually land and you can score some extra damage. But the point is to get a grab release and dash in to continue pressure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKaI31O1LQk

Figured I upload a video also, quality is so so. I started to put some of stunedge technique's in play so this only count for my style a few days ago.

When the spammy Nu did his super, you should have been IBing the entire thing for free meter.

I also noticed that you shot out way too many projectiles against Nu. Her swords pierce through them and you are opened for quite a bit of time. He could have just IAD forward and shot a j.2D at you tk feint into more pressure.

When the spammy Nu did his super, you should have been IBing the entire thing for free meter.

I also noticed that you shot out way too many projectiles against Nu. Her swords pierce through them and you are opened for quite a bit of time. He could have just IAD forward and shot a j.2D at you tk feint into more pressure.

Actually I posted the wrong link xD I had that fight half an hour after waking up. :psyduck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjXeIsJF-To

Actually I posted the wrong link xD I had that fight half an hour after waking up. :psyduck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjXeIsJF-To

I see. Well, I can say that you need to work on baiting dps a bit. You also need stop shooting out ice blades, it's one of the worst moves in Jin's movelist. You also need to work on defense a bit and also using your meter for ex dp all day.

Still good though...

Yeah my defense needs a lot of work in certain match up, most of those Ice sword and DP came out from messed up inputs. Then again I need to work on my corner pressure more.

Omni, you beat yourself up too much. Or maybe I suck at fighting Jins. I know stunedge beat the shit out of me.

Omni, you beat yourself up too much.

Or maybe I suck at fighting Jins. I know stunedge beat the shit out of me.

Perhaps xD It's just that my match up experience for certain characters suck.

Do the staple 214A cancel during a throw into 5C jB jC etc.

Freezes are easy to break out from if your opponent can see them coming. Getting grabbed gives them more than enough time to start wiggling before they're even frozen. However, also bear in mind that letting them shake out is also an option for resets. Play mind games, etc.

Also, abuse your jump cancellable moves for baiting burst. Jin's bnbs are bloated with jump cancellable moves.

For noels that drive on block, don't barrier block drive strings; that's like refusing an offering to "counter me". Learn to react to her drives and IB/punish.

Also, at close range, I don't know why you jump and air dash (not IAD) past them into jB whiff. Too high for cross up. If you're gonna jump at that range, hover around and fish for counters or AAs.

etc. etc.

I noticed you blocking all of those Bullet Rains. You can use 214C, between the bullets and the bomb, to get underneath Noel.

There are plenty of grab combos you could go for, most of which start with B+C(throw) -> 214A(whiff).

Some examples:

B+C(throw) -> 214A(whiff) -> Sekkajin(8 hits) -> Dash -> 5C -> [sJC] -> J.B -> J.C -> [JC] -> DJ.C -> 214B

B+C(throw) -> 214A(whiff) -> 5C -> [JC] -> J.B -> J.C -> J.D -> 214B

B+C(throw) -> 214A(whiff) -> 5C -> 2C -> [sJC] -> J.C -> [JC] -> J.C -> 214B

Corner Only: B+C(throw) -> 214D -> 6C -> 6D -> 5C -> [sJC] -> J.C -> [JC] -> J.C -> 214B

Do the staple 214A cancel during a throw into 5C jB jC etc.

Freezes are easy to break out from if your opponent can see them coming. Getting grabbed gives them more than enough time to start wiggling before they're even frozen. However, also bear in mind that letting them shake out is also an option for resets. Play mind games, etc.

Also, abuse your jump cancellable moves for baiting burst. Jin's bnbs are bloated with jump cancellable moves.

For noels that drive on block, don't barrier block drive strings; that's like refusing an offering to "counter me". Learn to react to her drives and IB/punish.

Also, at close range, I don't know why you jump and air dash (not IAD) past them into jB whiff. Too high for cross up. If you're gonna jump at that range, hover around and fish for counters or AAs.

etc. etc.

I noticed you blocking all of those Bullet Rains. You can use 214C, between the bullets and the bomb, to get underneath Noel.

okay ill try and understand noel more, its just kind of hardfor me to react to her drives, and ill pracitce those combose because 6C is just too hard to land,.

Hey guys.

I was wondering if you guys could tell me what works and what doesn't with my Jin. I have been playing casually for a while but I think it's time to bring my game up and get my name up there with the big boys. Any help you can give me is appreciated. I have included some videos so you can see how I play :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxWOJvuAVas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOnEiaQtqd8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZOGPB-1w-A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEi8r9tydPw

p.s : I don't know why the sound desynched but I will try to fix this in future videos.

-You need to react to counter hits and capitalize on them. -You need to learn the 5C jB combo. -You need to keep track of your freezes. -Stop doing random ice cars. -Try to use j.236D in close range situations too.

tnkz for your input. which 5C jB combo are you talking about? (btw do you know why my j.B missed in the match vs. litchi?) Sometimes i find myself unable to hit the opponent after a counter-Gale and I don't really know why.

5C jB jC jD 66 5C jB jC jD 214B. Does more damage, pushes your enemy farther, and ends with the same thing i.e. ice car. Your jB in that Litchi vid missed because she was too high. jB hits everything from front of you to below and a bit behind (referring to a clock's face, from 3 o'clock to 7 o'clock, with you facing 3 o'clock). At that height you should have super jumped, delayed your jB, or use jC. As for counter 623C missing, are you using 5C to follow up? If it's missing, you probably hit them from 623C's maximum distance and thus you'd need to add a quick 66 dash before your 5C.

It all makes sense. I'll try to get that combo down consistently. I should probably delay my gale on jumping opponents so i don't hit them at max range. tnkz for the tips;

Woah, you're using 623C as an anti air? IMO that should only be used under pressure i.e. during blockstrings and on unsuspecting opponents during wakeup. It's a horrible anti air. If you're countering them with that, it's no surprise that by the time they come falling down they can already tech out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlWGGRO4jeM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVKQ5ue9MAo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9BvlmMHB6Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyVaZT8qNGk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob6hS6Pd9wo

Here's some of mine from over 2 weeks ago, which was the last time I was able to play online. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Banger, you might be interested in the the third video at around 1:17.

I saw way too much 6C. I saw a little bit too much ice car on wakeup (Ice car D after a Double jump while you had the opponent knocked down?). Way too much ice blade as well, especially while you were pressuring. A lot of missed combos and bad hit confirming. I would say more, but Banger should deal with it...

I saw way too much 6C. I saw a little bit too much ice car on wakeup (Ice car D after a Double jump while you had the opponent knocked down?). Way too much ice blade as well, especially while you were pressuring. A lot of missed combos and bad hit confirming. I would say more, but Banger should deal with it...

Pretty much what you said.

I think you need to practice your meter management and reacting to counter opportunities. For a Jin, you throw a lot of random/dash in ice wave supers. That could have been 50 meter put to better use elsewhere/earlier, instead of letting it accumulate and dumping it all out on supers. It goes without saying here that you're better off abusing his EX moves than using his supers. Also, don't put too much faith in ice arrow; as you saw in one of those vids, your opponent barrier'd during the animation (it can even be IB'd), and it leaves you way too open on whiff (50 meter, barrier-able & IB-able, and extremely unsafe; not a good tradeoff). As I see it, it's best use is for preventing airborne opponents from bursting during a combo.

Also, there were a lot of counter opportunities you could've nailed good damage on such as whiffed 623C/Ds, but you being decently far from your opponent seemed to be a problem for taking advantage of that opportunity. It's either you need to pay more attention to those opportunities or you need to practice 66 5C'ing. EDIT: 623D's follow up hit almost has no vertical hitbox, so a reasonably high air dash will go right through it.

Expanding on MetalSonic's post, too much regular ice swords, both air and ground. Air has tons of recovery. Ground, especially against another Jin, is a bad idea due to recovery and Jin player's tendency to always IAD on approach.

6C at point blank range is asking for counter.

And ye, missed combos and hit confirming. I don't know if it's lag causing problems but there were a lot of them.

General advice: I don't know if you guys were messing around, but sometimes you'd both burst at 3/4 HP. That's alright in CS but in CT, lol.

and lol, ice car race.

Understood. All I can say is that all of those mistakes were due to bad habits I've developed (the ice blades, lack of meter management) and poor reflexes (the dropped combos). Also, since I'm unable to play online on a regular basis, or go to any arcade, I suffer from lack of experience against human opponents, much less good ones. And I'm pretty sure Thiediev was just sandbagging the entire time.

I just got frustrated by some of the stuff I was getting hit by (I should have said this earlier, but sorry about that). IIRC you caught me jumping before the animation, or just without barrier, with 6c quite a lot (edit: ok watching the video I ate some asshole ice resets too, oooof, that still makes me weep). This made me want to claw my eyeballs out because that's apparently a pretty terrible habit of mine, but against other players I imagine it would be pretty disastrous. edit: Hey, and critique my Jin too! >_> editedit: well except for the blatantly retarded stuff like random icecars/bursts. i can see that for myself lol