Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tiamat

vs Zato

Does anyone else find this MU to be comparatively easier than the other top tier characters? I'm not saying its easy, especially when you get knocked down, but I feel I can do more at neutral without getting punished than against Millia, Faust, or Elphelt. I only say this after playing a guy skilled with both Millia and Zato, and he couldn't beat me with Zato but trashed me with Millia

Does anyone else find this MU to be comparatively easier than the other top tier characters? I'm not saying its easy, especially when you get knocked down, but I feel I can do more at neutral without getting punished than against Millia, Faust, or Elphelt. I only say this after playing a guy skilled with both Millia and Zato, and he couldn't beat me with Zato but trashed me with Millia

I definitely feel the same in regards to this, I find that the times little eddie is recharging or gone is the time I truly get to abuse offence and actually contest with him in the neutral.

As eddie hasn't really got a reversal once he's knocked down it can really be quite a struggle for him to get bedman off. The same goes for bedman unfortunately the only difference is I suppose, is eddie doesn't really need to secure a knock down.

The most important single thing to watch out for in this matchup is puddles and nobiru (anti air eddie stab). If you watch eddie and drills carefully you keep track of whether or not you can jump and throw task A. With task A out there is hope. Other than that it's very simple - don't ever get hit :D

If he is doing the unblockable on you in the corner it seems worthwhile to try wakeup blitz as you are getting up.  If the kick hits before the drill you'll stagger Zato and then you'll be able to block the drill without being hit.  It won't always work but it's worth a try.  You can also try doing wakeup backdash to decrease the damage you take a bit.  Makes the first few hits miss though you'll still get hurt a lot.