Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tiamat

vs Slayer

I had a tough time with his matchup, but its mostly my general vs Slayer iinexperience that made harder then (I think) it is.

Umm so  K Dandy Step puts Slayer literally just outside of sweep range so I don't throw that out when he's pressuring me or I hit a big CH combo. Luckily I feel like Slayer has a hard time dealing with corner Bed pressure so I don't respect his wakeup game at all and Deja Vu in his face. I really don't think this match up is too bad for the Bed. I just think I need to stop mashing to Slayer, lol. 

Maybe all the slayers I fought suck but I just throw out 2K and sweep and they can't do any dandy shenanigans. A lot of them abuse K Mappa, which can be IB'd and punished with 2P.

2k is p good vs Slayer in general. So are fS and 2s if you have breathing room, gotta watch out near his 5k range though. From my exp it's best to runaway and zone slayer out until you get a good kd/opening to start offense. Also watch out for dot (The fast super that does all the damage), bdc mappa during pressure/neutral, and be careful + patient during pressure b/c that's generally how he gets nasty damage.

Fun note, dunno how useful since I've yet to have big issues with it. 5K seems to make his 2HS wiff from any range, at any point during its startup. While its an 8f normal with meh range, its level 2 and a CH will guarantee you a KD and a seal

Maybe all the slayers I fought suck but I just throw out 2K and sweep and they can't do any dandy shenanigans. A lot of them abuse K Mappa, which can be IB'd and punished with 2P.

Yep because the slayers I met, once they realised that 2k and 2D eat their options, they start spamming 2HS and it eats our lows. So be careful because CH 2HS leads to big damage.

So thanks to Necrothereaper for telling us that our 5k beats it, I was just wondering yesterday what to do against their 2HS once they start spamming it. :)