Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grimsley-San

[Xrd] May vs. Ram

I think this is probably our hardest matchup right now. This includes Ky.

Played well enough your movement is hugely hindered and air to air we generally lose to j.p. We can't get any summons out safely.

How are people actually approaching this matchup (other than very, very carefully)?

I think this is probably our hardest matchup right now. This includes Ky.

Played well enough your movement is hugely hindered and air to air we generally lose to j.p. We can't get any summons out safely.

How are people actually approaching this matchup (other than very, very carefully)?

I backdash like the left side of my stick has ants crawling out of it and hit slash dolphin.

Approaching from the air is a big no no if she has swords, methink.

I've been hit one too many times by those two big swords.

Her with swords off actually feels more manageable to me.

Less Dauro to deal with.

Anyone else have anything to add.

I just try to maul her,

Been testing string defense here and take this with a pinch of salt in case my timing was off by so much as a frame when setting the dummy but it looks like 2K can stop her in her tracks after a blocked 5PPP string, either straight up low profiling another 5P or just plain beating out a 2K low attempt.

As for her mixup strings, bear in mind she only has one with an overhead while standing, you can interrupt this with 2P,2D,RC, BNB of your choice.

When crouching her 2KPK and 2KPP strings are a high low mixup but if you just get ready to 2P after the second hit whilst holding 1 the blockstun will keep you blocking if its the low and you'll get a 2P,2D opportunity if it's the high.

Otherwise, try and stay away from the balls when Ram's swordless as her swords have more startup when they have to teleport to you, remember you absolutely can't just press buttons at fS range when she has her S sword but our normals are better when she doesn't.

As for our burst it's best used either right after she gets a CH.fS or after she roman cancels after hitting with 5PPP.

Btw. fS to Dauro isn't airtight, you can throw it if you're confident in your timing and Blitz Sheild it if you aren't.

All this is possible without IBing the things we're pubishing or poking out of.

Edit: Option select on mixup string doesn't actually work, some guys on the Bedman thread tested it further.

A nightmare!

Its impossible to beat her air to air.

Burst wiffs on her 3rd P (when she punches the ground) when may is midair (lost a lot of bursts against that BS before noticing).

They all start the round with a poke canceled into safe dragon punch. if it hits, it's combofest!!!

She stops my HDs simply by mashing P or S, she gets a counter off of it and big dammage combo afterwards!

Nasty mixups in the corner!

She can easily anti-air May with her coat and cancel it into air combo.

You need to recover with FD if may is being comboed in the corner or youl eat a reset.

Her swords are a headache

If she tries to shipp me to death I double jump toward her then do ensenga?, double jump isn't enough!

So all I do basically is carefully throwing beatch balls and daulphins until I have an opening!

I can't seem to find a good solution!

I think it's the kind of MU where you need to save your tension for defensive options. Just abuse DAA.

If you're knocked down into the corner with the 2 sword set, it's litterally impossible to get out without meter, and the pressure reset is overwhelming and really nasty.

I have the feeling the only way to summon in neutral is to spend on YRC.

The only good thing is that she can only use her reversal with 50 tension, so at every knockdown we get, we have to capitalize on oki/mixups and go ham.