Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

APinkBuny

[Xrd] Axl Low - Video Critique Thread, Watch the chains fly

@Sking Don't simply spam Rasen 5, especially not against Faust. Fausts love nothing more than to control the playing field with their random items, which is why you must stay within range and apply pressure from a distance. Jump-happy players can also get countered by a Rasen 8 as they approach you, giving you a free combo. I love harassing players in the air (i.e. punish them for air teching and jumping), so I take a chance to get easy damage from just a few hits. It'll make them panic for a bit, but it's worth it. Kinda like in one of my videos. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFcBXWKCALY

As for May...well, I have enough trouble with her.

I played against a Sol at a small GG tournament. I'm not going to make excuses but I definitely could have played better. I was pretty nervous cause it was my first time on stream. I made a lot of bad decisions overall and I want to iron those out. I'd really like some advice for this one as the Sol matchup is something I need work on, as well as defense in general.

http://www.twitch.tv/torontotoptiers2/v/5354906 - My match is at 7:31:50 and it was a 3/5 set. 

On a minor sidenote, does anyone know how to get the video from the twitch archive? If the video gets deleted in a month I would like a copy for myself. 

I played against a Sol at a small GG tournament. I'm not going to make excuses but I definitely could have played better. I was pretty nervous cause it was my first time on stream. I made a lot of bad decisions overall and I want to iron those out. I'd really like some advice for this one as the Sol matchup is something I need work on, as well as defense in general.

http://www.twitch.tv/torontotoptiers2/v/5354906 - My match is at 7:31:50 and it was a 3/5 set. 

On a minor sidenote, does anyone know how to get the video from the twitch archive? If the video gets deleted in a month I would like a copy for myself. 

-You used YRC Rensen only once. You should also apply it to blockstrings for pressure and to create safe space.

-Your jump-ins kept blowing you up. It's really risky jumping in vs. Sol. Only go for it as a punish.

-3P and 5P are your friend in this match-up. Properly spaced 3P just shuts down most of Sol's neutral game. This match up is actually heavily in Axl's favor.

-214P/K are also helpful if you feel your opponent plays a little robotically. It's basically a free blitzshield. He was using a lot of f.S that you could have countered (although if you're spacing yourself right, he shouldn't be able to hit you with that).

-5P and 2S are anti-airs you should have been using more often. You had it going on in the later matches. Midrange/anti-air is where Axl performs at. 

-Stop jumping in  :gonk:

-Stop jumping in  :gonk:

There's really no point in jumping in on Sol. You can just lame it out on the other side of the screen all day.

Here's about 9 minutes of shaky cam slop between people who don't know the MU for anyone to critique (assuming this thread is alive)

If Sixfortyfive has the other matches I played on stream uploaded soon and no one has replied yet then I'll just edit them into this post. I'd appreciate critique on those as well.

On 20.3.2016 at 10:03 AM, LaziestNameEver said:

Here's about 9 minutes of shaky cam slop between people who don't know the MU for anyone to critique (assuming this thread is alive)

If Sixfortyfive has the other matches I played on stream uploaded soon and no one has replied yet then I'll just edit them into this post. I'd appreciate critique on those as well.

I have only played since the Steam release so my words don't have much weight, but one thing I can say is that you missed a lot of hitconfirms, ranging from 5P, throw, counterhit 6H and Rensen YRC. Pretty much all of those can be handled with Axl's BnB anti-air combo:  (5K, c.S, or 5P into) 6K, 2S HJC j.h, j.d, Bomber. On heavier characters, use 6K, 2S, TK Bomber for the knockdown. TK Bomber is also important for corner combos, so learning it is really recommended. At longer ranges 5P, 6K, j.6P is also handy for that little extra damage and pushback.

Also, 2S against high toss granade looked pretty bad. The long whiff animation gives the opponent all the time to punishing or closing in, so I guess 5K or j.P would be better choices.

I played the same matchup recently and the opponent happened to be the tournament's organizer/streamer so if any Axl veterans are still here, I could take some advice too. 

Yeah I'm familiar with the combos but I'm just really ass at hit confirms. It's on my to-do list.

I think another issue I had when trying to knock back grenades was that I only tried to do so long after it had been thrown and he was already about to do something else.