Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justice7541

[Xrd] Venom Execution Tips and Tricks

Question regarding this: c.S IAD j.SHD 6H.

So, it's either an all or nothing thing with me. Sometimes I execute it properly, and then there are times when Venom won't even air dash. He'll just jump and execute jSH. Then, he'll land and do a standard D.

Air dashing is hella-basic (44/66) yet he won't do the dash after making the inputs. Is it possible that I'm trying to do the move too fast?

Yes it is quite possible to do it too fast. Try starting slower, even if it's too slow, perfect the motion you're using that works, and then get a bit faster

(note to self, update OP).

Yes it is quite possible to do it too fast. Try starting slower, even if it's too slow, perfect the motion you're using that works, and then get a bit faster

I messed around with it yesterday and started getting it more consistently. While the jD or 6HS might miss, the start-up was more spot on when I waited a little bit longer after the jump to do the 44 or 66.

Are you doing j8 or IAD?

Personally I've switched over to using regular IAD against everyone (9~6-6 or 9-6) and then using superjump (2-9-6 etc) against Millia/Faust/Sol. But jD should not miss. If jD is missing then you're either not doing the jS soon enough or you're putting too much delay in between j.S HS D, it's just a rapid succession. If you're having trouble with IAD you may want to try j8 66 or visa versa I guess.

I kind of alternate between IAD or doing a regular jump followed by 66/44. I guess it sort of depends on who I'm facing, like if they have more of a hitbox due to size or height or something.

Maybe alternating methods is throwing off your timing? Sticking to whichever one feels more natural and grinding just that method might help with timing the j.S early enough to get all the hits out. For IAD I think I-No, Elph, and Ram might need a little bit of delay but everyone else should just be immediately, and then Millia/Faust/Sol have to either be j8 or SJ.

Possibly. I'll be playing more tonight so I'll just try to stick with the same (ish) method for each opponent and see if that works.

I'm having a lot of trouble consistently executing the K Ball mixup in midscreen, specifically when I go low, 2K > c.S(3), against certain characters while they are standing. The 3rd hit of the c. S tends to miss a lot against May, Chipp, and a few others, even when they appear to be close enough. I've "adapted" to the nuissance by putting a late S DHM (with the tiger knee motion), jumping away on reaction, or just going for the 2K > c.S(2) -> 2D (2), but it's difficult for me to renounce to the corner, the damage and the setu´p. Does anyone know of a reliable method to get the 3 hits consistently after the ball hit?

Your goal with K ball oki is to have the ball push them into you when you land EDIT: only when you cross up. If you know you'll land in front you wanna time it that the ball and the 2K hit around the same time so the ball doesn't push them away. There are a couple ways to do this that are effective at different ranges; long dash jK BH, microdash jS BH, microdash jK BH, etc all have their merits depending on the range of the knockdown. Grind it out in training and figure out what works from most situations. Early in Xrd I thought microdash jS was the best option for both 2D and 6H, but as of late I've taken to going for long dash jK off most 2D knockdowns.

Any tips on 2P/K > c.S(1) > S Carcass ? Although I can do c.S(1) > S Carcass consistently, the additional hit at the beginning seems to be messing up with my timing.

Near as I can tell the game won't buffer two inputs in a row. So if you do 2K c.S and the c.S is buffered, you can't add Carcass on top of that. So you're gonna have to do 2K (hit), input c.S, buffer Carcass.

If there's any easy shortcut for doing that, I'd love to know it too. But I think it really just boils down to having good timing.

Any tips on 2P/K > c.S(1) > S Carcass ? Although I can do c.S(1) > S Carcass consistently, the additional hit at the beginning seems to be messing up with my timing.

So let's see here.

2K >c.S(2)> Carcass works because freeze when connecting with 2K gives you the extra frames needed to charge.

c.S(1) > Carcass works because the game stores your charge for a short period of time when going from 2 to 5 (which is when you press S for c.S) to 8

In this case the way to do it is through the second method. You need to charge before doing the 2K itself. A likely way is to do 663 for dashing, holding 3 will still dash. So you run to your opponent with that method then do 3K, 5S, 8S which is essentially 2K>c.S(1)>S Carcass.

Late to the party as a newer venom player but I just wanted to say since I don't have any questions yet and I'm just absorbing all the info that this is extremely helpful !!! Like you wouldn't believe. TY so much.

PS: just my opinion but never assume anything is too basic. Some of us really need that info!