Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robawtninja

Sin vs. I-No

One of the harder matchups I've ever played against as Sin. She prefers to stand at max Chemical Love distance and poke with it which is one of the biggest challenges for Sin to get around. He can Elk Hunt (236K) under but she recovers faster than Sin and punishes him. Every Chemical Love leads to knockdown high/low/grab. Because of the nature of Sin's DP and how I-no approaches you, it can lead him really open if you miss it. And her ground super actually leaves her positive and pushes you away from her.

Some of the tools that Sin has is to anti-air prematurely as she comes in: 5A and 6A or a really early 214S. You really have to commit to doing DP or else her pressure/mixups are really going to overwhelm you. The pace of the match has to be you standing in her face. If you give her space then it goes down hill. 

This character is definitely trouble against Sin. 

Far: She is not a difficult match from far away because she only really has Chemical Love to snipe you. Driver and Elk hunt (YRC)  stops that option almost completely because the risk versus reward is substantially in your favor. Driver counter hit combos destroy her and once you get it off, it makes them rethink using it. Elk hunt YRC gets you in close, doesn't waste meter, and puts you in an advantageous situation. STBT is the other side of the coin and could be stopped with 2k, Elk hunt, DP-driver-elk hunt, 2D, and c.S. STBT YRC and Note are the biggest issues and you have to look at it from a different perspective. She has to get in a lot more than you do.

Mid Range: You run this area a lot  more than she does. 5K, F.S, Driver, 2S, 6P, and 2D beat her out because she doesn't have a lot of buttons. Her far S, HCL, 2S, STBT and Note are her options, which are good but your options are better. If she attempts to dash in 5k, 6p, and c.S are your best friends and the bane of her existence. 

Close range: If you are going to be close, hopefully it's on your terms. If it isn't, you better know how to block pretty well. I recommend though that if you have 50% tension that you use it to DA because you will look real fucking stupid dying with a full bar. No one can block forever, and I have been playing this MU for 5 iterations and over a decade. 

I imagine that you have been playing against Mynus for a pretty long time so you have much to say about I-No as a matchup. I think the problem I'm running into is that I keep standing at Chemical Love range and not having the meter to approach with Elk Hunt YRC. I found out that Beak Driver is a really good contender when standing far away. It's also possible to charge up a Driver to completely nullify a Note that is released from far away (and you might be able to cancel it into eat/hop? Maybe not). Apparently Chemical Love has 8 frames of recovery on landing so it's possible to Elk Hunt YRC 2K for the punish. 

There's still a lot I don't understand about the matchup and I have a tough time just reacting to her dashing at me because it's so fast. I feel like I have to press something preemptive but then I get scared that they might just Chemical Love which happens to me a lot. What are you thoughts on the overall matchup A3?

The MU as of right now to me is 5-5 because neutral wise Sin is stronger but Ino's offense is a lot more oppressive. Sin has amazing damage output but his defense modifier aren't exactly impressive so the end of the match is more in Ino's favor because of her Guts. Overall just occupy the mid range f.S area and anytime she jumps, keep 6p on deck to keep her in check.

Beyond 6P being amazing in this MU (learn those max 6P damage confirms!) you can also use 236H to stuff a note from far away so you won't have to block it. Also, 236K goes under chemical love and stuffs her 41236H move too. Finally, if you are in the mixup hell, just DP into 236K. It's + so even if you don't hit her with it you're still out of the situation.

Bonus: If she is about to do the ground super, you can simple neutral jump on her and hit her on her recovery.

Bonus: If she is about to do the ground super, you can simple neutral jump on her and hit her on her recovery.

Wow I've been trying to figure out how to deal with this and could never find it. Thanks for the tip. Upon testing, there is indeed timing to it. You have to be nearing your apex as super activates. Alittle early or late and you will get hit because of it's massive hitbox. Jumping forward in the corner works as well. An alternative is if you jump forward midscreen as she does super you can do air j.214S and combo after it still. 

Anyone know what to do if you Elk Hunt under Chemical Love and whiff the Elk Hunt? This happens fairly often and it feels like I-No is able to recover much faster than I am after the slide animation finishes. Also how do you deal with them using 41236S/H? How do you punish it?

If you whiff 236K you're in trouble, yrc it if possible, that's kinda it.

The 41236 specials lose to 2S and 236K. You wanna poke her out of it.

Wow nice set !

Just a little heads up, since it was visible in the match, and corresponds to the little experience I have of this MU : Sin's backdash is great to deal with many of Ino's longer range options, yes it's slow, but the huge invincibility and distance it travels really allows you to reposition yourself safely against Chemical lovers, and will force her  to be more agressive and not just play pokey to score a knockdown.