Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kimboslash

Axl vs Sol

6-4 Axl IMO. Max range 3P is an easy one-stop-shop to kill Sol's whole neutral game, and he doesn't get to jump against you most of the time. What's a sol to do? Just watch out for wild throw and you'll be golden.

(Okay, so it's not actually that easy, but I do think it's Sol's worst matchup, and I have a lot of experience in it. I'll post more later)

Meaty max-range 3P will make his wake-up S VV whiff, however an H VV will still tag you because it moves forward farther. Got DP'd every single time I tried this playing a Sol in casuals at KiT about 20 matches and couldn't figure out why. Got home, fired up training mode and realized he was using the OTHER DP, lol.

If he tries to reset pressure with bandit bringer, you can P counter on reaction (easier than doing jump IB and DP from block), it's also useful to look for P counters if he's throwing out fafnirs,  just watch out for yrc.

Yeah,
Just like you can Blitz Shield his bandit attacks (Both of them, that is) on reaction, P counter works there too.
I've found that doing a lot of up-back jump S is effective, because Sol has a lot of tools to get around your grounded pokes.
Riot Stamp can be one, whilst if you see it and react with 5p AA to a combo, it can be used to allow Sol a free ticket in if you whiff a chain.
His 2D goes under Axl's grounded pokes, making them whiff completely. If you're only at half-screen-ish distance, Sol can free 2D, so watch out.
Ground Viper low profiles everything and smacks Axl across the face, but if they abuse it too much use low counter for a free combo.

If the Sol stays grounded and uses the above tools (And more unlisted) he can get around Axl's grounded pokes, and the matchup will be hard for Axl

unless you use jumping S and spam them.

Riot Stamp, Ground Viper, and his Sweep all get beaten by j.S and it stops those tools from working at all, but at the sacrifice of letting the Sol

jump more.

So, as an Axl player in this matchup you really need to throw grounded pokes and do your normal thang, but don't be too predictable,

and if you see a 2D / Viper / Stamp or any other of his moves that low profile, quickly up-back outta there and S, and remember in pressure situations,

the Punch counter is really useful (You can counter bandits on reaction, and If you read a fafnir, do it then, too. Lots of Sol players like to Fafnir after Gunflame,

so do it then, if they're doing that.)

Personally, against Sol's DP, I've always just used high counter as a read, most of the Sol's I've fought - even if the counter whiffs- respect me too much

and let me 2k straight afterward. I didn't know meaty 3p beat S viper, thanks for that.

Hopefully this information helps someone :)

6K does what it always does: Covers that space and gatlings into 6H. It's not terrible but it's an option you're going to have to YRC if you're wrong, because he's going to knock you down for it. Also, jump P and jump H will both sometimes beat it clean if he's got the spacing right.

2H is a good tool overall, but kind of bad in this matchup. Sol can get past it with Riot Stomp, GF YRC, Bandit Bringer, rising P airdash, and I'm sure some other stuff, and just straight up punish you for KD. It's okay in some respects because it can zone out H DP, but it's a pretty hard read for what's usually going to be a clash, and 3P is just way better at the same job if it's the S DP. You need to play your zoning tight in this matchup, and 2H is a big slow option, the kind that Sol likes you to do a lot.

Thx thx :)

i understood my main mistake and now it s better for me, i use 5p often and it s not good, fafnir, run ou IAD rush me when i made that...

I tried 2 hs and its à good tool, just riot stomp come After so he is mind 2hs/6p :)

Ps: sorry for my english

Edit: very good tip is 2k for the iad rush!!! So 50/50 on the sol game ground with 2hs/6p and air 2k is very good! :)

Can anyone give advice on axl vs sol? Hell just general advice will help a ton because I hate Sol I just bodied by his whole moves list, would appreciate the help, thanks.