Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

drakefang

Korea thread - Tournaments and event

WELCOME TO THE NEW KOREA THREAD!

If you're visiting, drop a line to let us know where you're planning to be and when you plan on coming out to play. If you're moving over here or going to be stationed over here, let us know where you're going to be living, and I will post your info up in the OP. Using the following format:

Dustloop Tag:
Location: (If you're on base, giving me the name of the base is fine)
Games Played:
Xbox Live Gamertag:
PSN Username:
KakaoTalk ID:

WHERE DO WE PLAY?

Pretty much all the arcades are dead zones, and the ones that do exist don't have very good players left. 
For now, in Seoul, our main places to play is at ArcadeStream, console gaming center, with fixed rate fees for playing.

ArcadeStream - Seodaemun-gu 89-9 Yeonhui-dong (101 Yeonhui-ro 25-gil) \ 서대문구 연희동 89-9 (연희로 25길 101호) (Closest station is Hongik University \ 홍대입구 Line 2

Phone: 02-3144-0742
https://www.facebook.com/ArcadeStreamkorea
Entry Fee: 5000 with a free soft drink on entry, functions as a bar as well, so liquor is on offer.
Games Played: Guilt Gear Xrd -sign-, 
Newest place in Seoul, ran by drakefang. Has a arcade cab set up for Guilty Gear. More will certainly be coming as we build up. Infiltration has already popped up here, and I'm sure more people will be showing up as well. 

Text+Picture directions to ArcadeStream are in the spoiler below:

Spoiler: 

UPCOMING EVENTS

Guilty Gear Xrd -sign- Tournament: https://www.facebook.com/events/1402038670093675/

WHERE TO BUY STICKS/SYSTEMS/GAMES

There are several places to buy of notoriety over here. You can go to the world famous Yongsan Electronics Market (Yongsan Station \ 용산역, Jung-ang Line/Line 1), Gangbyeon TechnoMart (Gangbyeon Station \ 강변역, Line 2), or Nambu Terminal Techno Mart (Nambu Terminal Station \ 남부터미날역, Line 3). There's a small game store at Coex, but not much to look at there, the three I mentioned are good. Comparison shop here, there are many vendors inside each market. Ask them prices for what you want, (이건 얼마예요? - ee-guhn uhlmahyeyo?) and come back if you find they have the best price.

I have seen everything from TEs, to Joytrons, to Saulabis, to Horis for sale over here, so if you have a specific stick you want, you can probably find it.

Alternatively, you can order an Omni and various arcade parts from eTokki.com. This site is ran by Laugh, and has same day shipping in Korea for a flat rate of 3000KRW.

As for games, this is a trickier subject. With PS3, there's no region locks on games, so you can buy whatever games you want over here. Some might be Korean or Asian language only, so be careful, when in doubt, check on the Asian editions of those games on Play-Asia before buying.

For 360 games, if you have a Western 360, it will depend on the game. Some games will be free of region locks, where you can play them on any 360, and some will be NTSC-J, and only work on Asian 360s. Once again, check the Asian version of the game you intend to buy on Play-Asia for compatibility before buying.

PLAYERS LIST