Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jyosua

Evolution Championship Series 2015 Side Tournaments

Evo Side Tournaments 2015  

130 members have voted

1. 1. What side tournaments would you be willing to enter at Evo this year?

• Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R
    • BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Extend
    • Under Night In-Birth: EXE Late
    • Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. Full Boost
    • Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code
    • Arcana Heart 3: LOVE MAX!!!!!
    • Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax
    • Aquapazza: Aquaplus Dream Match
    • Vampire Savior
  2. 2. What games could you bring a full setup for?

• Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R
    • BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Extend
    • Under Night In-Birth: EXE Late
    • Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. Full Boost
    • Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code
    • Arcana Heart 3: LOVE MAX!!!!!
    • Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax
    • Aquapazza: Aquaplus Dream Match
    • Vampire Savior
    • I'm unable/unwilling to bring a setup.

Hey all, this thread is for the planning of the Evo 2015 side tournaments. We now know that both Xrd and P4AU will be at Evo this year, so some folks from SoCal and NorCal (and maybe more areas) are trying to plan out the details for side tournaments at the moment. However, there are a LOT of games that people want to play and we will absolutely need help providing setups! This year is guaranteed to be one of the biggest Evo tournaments for anime, being the first to feature two Arc System Works games in the main lineup ever. Given this, we expect more people to show up than ever before, which also will likely mean a larger turnout for the yearly side tournaments.

Last year was a blast, but it took us an entire day to run Persona and Guilty Gear with the setups we had. Brett was also running Gundam (I don't know how long that took, but maybe he can shed some light on this), and both Numakie and DJ Cream were running other poverty games. From what I saw, everyone involved was at it basically the entire day.

Last year's numbers:

Persona: 95

Guilty Gear: 107

Aquapazza: 27

Chaos Code: 20

JoJos ASB: 22

Arcana Heart 3: 41

Melty: 50

VSav: 40

That said, we have a handful of people lined up to stream and run the side tournaments, but there are a lot of unknowns at this point. We don't know how big the BYOC area will be, we don't know what days it will be open, and we don't know what days and times Xrd and P4AU will be run. A mod or myself will update this post as we get more concrete details. In the meantime, please participate in the attached poll so we can gauge interest!

:toot:

Edit 1: Added some numbers from last year.

I can bring a console for BB, UNIEL, +R, Aquapazza and AH3 but because I'll be coming from Australia with ~2 weeks of luggage, I'll have no room for a monitor.

So I can bring stuff for the above but would need a monitor.

You should also add an option for "I can't bring a setup" because it forces you to choose at least 1 option. Your results may be off with current choices.

I've chosen no setup based on the fact I can't bring a monitor.

If someone wanted to bring just a monitor, with our powers combined, we can provide for BB, UNIEL, +R, Aquapazza and AH3

Last year I brought two PS3 setups that could run nearly anything, and I should also have a reasonable(ish) NUC that could run MBCC by then. I was also involved with running the French Bread/Examu games last year, and while I don't kn... oh, who am I kidding? I'll be back neck-deep in it again.

Part of me hopes that UNIEL outdraws at least one of the main Evo games this year... but then I realize about how many people that would be and I would want to peel the skin from my body.

Also: I have a sternly worded letter here from Tenryo regarding the lack of Chaos Code. :kitty:

I've chosen no setup based on the fact I can't bring a monitor.

If someone wanted to bring just a monitor, with our powers combined, we can provide for BB, UNIEL, +R, Aquapazza and AH3

(Could you edit your vote? I had forgotten to add VSav to the list.)

Vampire Savior is on the list now. If anybody has any questions about the Vampire Savior side tournament at EVO forward them to me.

I brought a full setup for ASB last year, I'm willing to bring it for UNIEL, DFC and BBCP (In case you guys don't switch to CPEX), provided JoJo community or some other parties don't run an ASB side tournament.

If all the people I am driving over bring their PS3s we can provide at most 6 of them. All 6 have BBCP. 2 have P4U, and 1 has DFC. I have a single ASUS monitor I can bring with me, but I can ask if we can borrow some of hellfromabove's spare ASUS monitors if there are not enough.

Does a GAEM monitor (that suitcase looking thing) count towards a setup? I plan on bringing it to EVO & I know we've used it a couple of times for NorCal UNIEL…

i figure that this is probably the wrong place to post this, but since i can't find any other "official" evo topic, i might as well try here:

i'm contemplating on going to evo myself, but i'm looking for someone that reserved a hotel room who'd be willing to share space. i'm very likely to go if i can get someone.

EDIT: hold off on that for now, i might be getting a room with my friends

Does a GAEM monitor (that suitcase looking thing) count towards a setup? I plan on bringing it to EVO & I know we've used it a couple of times for NorCal UNIEL…

The GAEMS monitors have 8ms of input delay, which is actually 2ms better than the standard ASUS monitors. However, I think we should probably stick to monitors that have 10ms of input delay, to at least be consistent across setups. There's a small database located here: http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/

What does everyone else think?

Is it safe to say side tournies won't be held on Sunday? I have a friend who doesn't know what pass to buy

Side tournaments are almost never held on Sunday and I'm about 99% sure they won't be this year, since it looks like they will need every seat in both halls for finals day (the main hall is already sold out, and the main and exhibition hall are the same size). Ergo, any of the passes should be fine.

I'll be going to EVO this year, Just gotta buy my plane ticket. Already bought my pass though. I don't think I can bring a monitor but I can bring a console with GG/UNiEL/AH3LM.  I'm only interested in +R and UNiEL for side tournaments, since I'm only entering Xrd this year haha.

(How would I go about that in voting since I can't bring a monitor?)

Voted for Arcana and Melty :> Unfortunately I an unable to bring a setup since I am flying.

I can bring a PS3 with AH3LM, DFC, and UNIB.  I also have a NUC that can run MB but if there is a side tourney for Yatagarasu, I would want that to have priority for the NUC so depending on when (or even if) there is a Yata tourney, that setup may or may not be available for MB.

I have two monitors to go with those two setups.  Also have an LGP for capture/stream if needed.

Edit: Plans changed- I will not be able to attend this year.

Provided there is actually room for an additional setup, the 2ms difference seems like an insignificant price to pay.

I'm really curious to see what kind of space they allocate for BYOC setups this year- I haven't heard them talk about it at all and with the number of different consoles being utilized this year, I'm worried that they may have decided to forego that area altogether.

The GAEMS monitors have 8ms of input delay, which is actually 2ms better than the standard ASUS monitors. However, I think we should probably stick to monitors that have 10ms of input delay, to at least be consistent across setups. There's a small database located here: http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/

Oh really? I've been looking for reliable tests on the monitor for awhile now... Know where the results came from?

And I'm fine either way.