Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Achtzehn

Dead Local tournament series, delete me mods

Was a NJ local tournament thread, tournament has since ended its recurring schedule and is no longer around. Please read and delete this thread, no more anime tournaments at 8 on the break.

Me and Sophomore have a stream setup that can run HD. I also have a full setup with monitor/ps3 and a copy of both games. Unfortunately, I work till 8:15 Fridays and it would take me a few minutes to drive down there. I don't know if i can be earlier then 9pm. :V

Me and Sophomore have a stream setup that can run HD. I also have a full setup with monitor/ps3 and a copy of both games. Unfortunately, I work till 8:15 Fridays and it would take me a few minutes to drive down there. I don't know if i can be earlier then 9pm. :V

I can always start it at 8:30 or a bit later if there's not too many entrants, and I can always try to hold off on a match if I know in advance. As long as you tweet at me I can try to work something out. 8 is just the optimal start time as if there's a good number it would take quite a while to run both games and I don't want to inconvenience chris. I'll add my twitter info in the first post.

gonna try n make this, I used to hit the old break p4u bi-weeklies pretty regularly even with work so should be doable
AJ it might make sense to carpool, I think you're pretty much on the way, I'll hit u up wit my backdash yrc jk

:MIL: :MIL: :MIL:

I will get in on this, since I've been dying to get some face to face matches.

I can also bring a setup (TV and Console), along with something I bought to record...before I realized that my current comp wasn't quite powerful enough to put it to use. If we need an HD recorder I can provide that, but we will need a comp that is capable of running it. (for the record, this is what I got in case you need to know what it is in advance).

At any rate, I'll be there.

I will get in on this, since I've been dying to get some face to face matches.

I can also bring a setup (TV and Console), along with something I bought to record...before I realized that my current comp wasn't quite powerful enough to put it to use. If we need an HD recorder I can provide that, but we will need a comp that is capable of running it. (for the record, this is what I got in case you need to know what it is in advance).

At any rate, I'll be there.

I appreciate the offer but in all likelihood if The505 brings his stream setup we should be fine. My issue with the HD recorder you specified is it could take some figuring out to get it working and it's much more my priority to run the actual tournament itself. To be honest I can't even give a good estimate for how many people will show up, but I'm hoping a good amount. At some point, hopefully before the 27th I'll have gotten my hands on some better equipment to stream with. Please do come out and play though!

I indeed will. And gotcha, I just wanted to make sure I offered the HD recorder because I have it sitting around with nothing better to do. Let me know in the future if anything changes and I'll gladly see what I can do to help.

Will be seeing you guys on the 12. gotta polish up on my bedman play...been far too long since I was into fighting games, glad to be back.

I can bring a GGXrd setup if needed. 

As can I. I might bring mine for casual play just in case, and we can use it for tournament matches. I can bring my own TV as well.

I can bring a GGXrd setup if needed. 

As can I. I might bring mine for casual play just in case, and we can use it for tournament matches. I can bring my own TV as well.

Please do, setups and TVs are very much appreciated. I will only have one setup for either game once I arrive so the more setups you bring the faster we run the tournament and the more games you get to play.

unfortunately, my HDMI splitter bricked on me and my replacement wont make it in time. if anyone can bring one that strips HDCP it would be greatly appreciated. If not, I have to stream in component. (Lame...)

I'll see what I can do, 505. If I can pick one up on the way I will.

EDIT: ...okay, maybe not. a little bit beyond my understanding. doh.

Alright guys, thanks everyone for coming out to the first tournament. I know it was a rough start, and a crazy event but thanks to that all manners of details have been hammered out thanks to this and this coming tournament on the 27th of February will be run much smoother. Please bring setups, I will be there (with a monitor this time) at 7 PM to start taking sign ups and have casuals until 9 PM. 9 PM is when the tournament will start from now on, most everyone should be able to make it by this time so there shouldn't be many people running late. By the way I've neglected to mention this but someone left a slim PS3 power cable and an HDMI cable at the venue, I am holding onto them and will be more than happy to return them to their rightful owners at 8 on the break next friday. Please come out again and have fun with all of us!

I will be there

I will also bring a setup for gg because I don't trust jersey to come through :MIL: :MIL: :MIL:

damn, I'll eat that though. Still means one more setup coming out, especially since this time I'm definitely bringing mine.

I'll be there. Promise.

Music games, food that might kill me, then losing at fight games. What could go wrong.

I'll boot up my roommates copy of p4 for a day and see if i can learn a labrys bnb or something.

Edited topic info to reflect the correct date AND updated information about the stream as well as hopefully made the "please bring setups" part noticeable enough that people will actually bring setups now.

Outside of the bi-weekly, is anything else done for GGXrd close to that area?

Outside of the bi-weekly, is anything else done for GGXrd close to that area?

I don't really know of any events happening in jersey. There's a few sporadic ones that occur every once in a while as well as some majors, but this is the only recurring event for GGXrd or P4U2 in new jersey that I know of.

Thanks for the answer, its just tough for me to make it to the Break on fridays. Looking for some in-person matches in GG :/ 

I think I can make this one on the 10th, what time does signups/tourney start for GGXrd?