Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hellfromabove

[February 25th, 2015] Weeaboo Wednesdays (Weekly Tournaments (GG Xrd, BBCP, P4AU)) @ UGC in North Hollywood, CA

After speaking with the owner of UGC, Jyosua and I will be holding weekly tournaments for anime fighters on Wednesday nights. Since Super Arcade has temporarily shutdown, while they are relocating, there has been strong demand to have something during the week. We are really hoping this becomes big and we start getting 30+ every Wednesday. Just as we do during the monthlies, I will be running the brackets and organizing the events while Jyosua will be helping with the administration of the stream at the events. Here are the details:

Venue Fee

$5

Main Games

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- (PS3) - $3

BlazBlue: Chronophantasma (PS3) - $1

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PS3) - $1

Schedule

5PM - Casuals

6PM - Sign-ups

7PM - P4U & BBCP Tournaments Start

8PM - GGXrd Tournament Starts

Payouts

70/20/10 - Only possibly applicable to Xrd at the moment.

Winner Take All - P4AU and BBCP.

Stream

twitch.tv/UGClive

Event Brackets

02/04/14:

Persona 4: Ultimax

Blazblue Chrono Phantasma

Guilty Gear Xrd -Sign-

Setups

Please bring consoles with GGXrd, BBCP, and P4AU if you are able to.

Venue

8551 Vesper Ave
Los Angeles, CA 91402

Neighborhood: Panorama City
Ph: (818) 825-0054

URL: ugcgamer.com

Are we planning to have this established and continue even after Super Arcade relocates? UGC is significantly closer to where I live, and is less of a hassle to drive to for me than Walnut.

While I cannot show tonight, I would love to become a regular here. 10 p.m. is a little late for me but I can make do.

UGC will still continue to run anime tournaments even after super arcade relocates even still have events like under night fridays and arc divide

Are we planning to have this established and continue even after Super Arcade relocates? UGC is significantly closer to where I live, and is less of a hassle to drive to for me than Walnut.

While I cannot show tonight, I would love to become a regular here. 10 p.m. is a little late for me but I can make do.

I believe Super holds theirs on Saturdays so this won't be going anywhere. The reason this was made was because the SF crowd has been coming on Tuesdays to UGC since there is no Super currently. Since nothing was happening on Wednesdays, Jyosua and I decided to hold this weekly.

Also, thankfully you didn't show up tonight as the first one will be next Wednesday :P.

For Everyone: Please spread the word about this tournament, we'd really like to make this something big.

Ah god, why do weeklies always have to be on the worst days possible for me. 

I believe Super holds theirs on Saturdays so this won't be going anywhere. The reason this was made was because the SF crowd has been coming on Tuesdays to UGC since there is no Super currently. Since nothing was happening on Wednesdays, Jyosua and I decided to hold this weekly.

Also, thankfully you didn't show up tonight as the first one will be next Wednesday :P.

For Everyone: Please spread the word about this tournament, we'd really like to make this something big.

GG was still hosted at Super's Wednesday Night fights, and if that resumes, having the two clash with one another wouldn't be wise. Unless I'm misremembering though and WNF was moved or something of the matter?

It's been a long week. I've been mixing up dates all month. :vbang:

I've got some folks who are definitely interested in the area. I'd like to see this get big, too.

I'd much rather go to UGC since it's close than go all the way to Walnut, but I don't think I can do Mon-Thurs night or Sun.  Starting at 10PM would make it possible to actually get there on time sometimes (since it'll start late like every event does), but I can't be out that late when I have work in the morning (since it'll probably run past midnight).  I also couldn't make it any time I work overtime, and that's pretty frequent.

But yeah, if you start hosting on Saturdays like Rebel Up, I'd rather go to UGC than Rebel Up.

I'd much rather go to UGC since it's close than go all the way to Walnut, but I don't think I can do Mon-Thurs night or Sun. Starting at 10PM would make it possible to actually get there on time sometimes (since it'll start late like every event does), but I can't be out that late when I have work in the morning (since it'll probably run past midnight). I also couldn't make it any time I work overtime, and that's pretty frequent.

But yeah, if you start hosting on Saturdays like Rebel Up, I'd rather go to UGC than Rebel Up.

We host Arc Divide monthly on Saturdays at UGC. Next one is on the 28th of February.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GG was still hosted at Super's Wednesday Night fights, and if that resumes, having the two clash with one another wouldn't be wise. Unless I'm misremembering though and WNF was moved or something of the matter?

It's been a long week. I've been mixing up dates all month. :vbang:

I've got some folks who are definitely interested in the area. I'd like to see this get big, too.

The weeklies for Anime games at Super Arcade was on Thursdays during the Runback.  Rebel Up was Bi Weekly on Saturdays at Super.  When Super eventually reopens the plan is to keep the same dates for weeklies that they had before so their won't be any conflict.

Also @hellfromabove - If you need any help with running brackets let me know.  I'm a Ronin TO for now while Super is closed.

ugc is not trying to conflict dates for super arcade dates for anime like trb and rebel up. UGC already has three events for anime for weeklies wed, monthly fridays and monthly saturdays. There are people on fridays playing casuals too.

There is a very high chance i will need a ride to these.

Consistently.

But I'm only around 5~10 mins from ugc so its not exactly out of the way.

Can anyone be my ride to these? :3

There is a very high chance i will need a ride to these.

Consistently.

But I'm only around 5~10 mins from ugc so its not exactly out of the way.

Can anyone be my ride to these? :3

Were you able to make it to the last monthly? I remember you asking for a ride at that time as well.

Unfortunately I don't think I'll make it to these. I don't have any free time around Wednesdays most of the time. I can definitely make it to the monthlies, but I doubt I'll be around until Super Arcade re-opens.

Unfortunately I don't think I'll make it to these. I don't have any free time around Wednesdays most of the time. I can definitely make it to the monthlies, but I doubt I'll be around until Super Arcade re-opens.

Sorry to hear that, hopefully you can make it out one of these days to a weekly.

Tomorrow is the day, see everyone that's going there.

Were you able to make it to the last monthly? I remember you asking for a ride at that time as well.

No one ended up replying till after bb started so i decided to not go.

I get off class ~5 on wednesdays and i just need to be back at my dorm before 12 (to keep my sleep schedule appropriate for my classes) so if anyone can give me a ride within that schedule, that'd be awesome.

(if someone can, please message me about it or something)

No one ended up replying till after bb started so i decided to not go.

I get off class ~5 on wednesdays and i just need to be back at my dorm before 12 (to keep my sleep schedule appropriate for my classes) so if anyone can give me a ride within that schedule, that'd be awesome.

(if someone can, please message me about it or something)

If worse comes to worst I might be able to give you a ride.

Updated the first post by changing the times that the tournaments start. P4U and BBCP will now both start at 7pm and Xrd will start at 8pm. The changes made were based off of attendance, times people showed up, and how things were setup last week.

Pittsburgh native in town for the week, probably going to try to stop up for this.

I'm staying right on Ventura blvd, would anyone be able to give me a ride back to my hotel after the event?  I should be able to get there no problem, just wondering about getting back.

Updated the thread title to represent the date of the next event.

Pittsburgh native in town for the week, probably going to try to stop up for this.

I'm staying right on Ventura blvd, would anyone be able to give me a ride back to my hotel after the event?  I should be able to get there no problem, just wondering about getting back.

You still in town? I might be able to pick you up for the event.