Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Barzorx

[P4AU] Akihiko vs Marie

Thread to discuss Akihiko vs Marie
Please be respectful to everyone's opinions!

List Marie's tools, and Akihiko's answers and possibilities to them. Also an answer from Marie's tools to Akihiko's tools. Finally give your opinion on who you think has an advantage (ie. 5-5 no one's favor, or 6-4 Akihiko's favor, or whatever).

Have fun!

-Barz

This is a fairly complicated matchup to explain (mostly because in NA there are like, 2 marie players and they're both Buttface).

I'll say however that it's proooobably 6-4 on akihiko's advantage. Her pressure is very annoying, sure, but her jC's are easy to react to, and as akihiko that means its easy to anti air. Anti airing her jC due to the angle she takes to fall on you, also makes it easy for aki to use his best 2B ch combo which deals a clean 4.5k damage (ouch).

Of course, smart marie players (should I say instead "of course, buttface..." since he's the only one?) will not recklessly jC, so don't just try to bait that one move out.

Respect the bag. It's a gorilla bag. IB if possible to DP out of it at times, but otherwise, respect it. I don't know which one move makes her hit you with the bag and jumps back afterwards - but IB'ing that into killrush works wonders and changes the pace of battle.

Remember that muting her does NOT destroy her DP - it'll remain active, so muting her serves little to no cause in this match (surprisingly) other than forcing her to back off for like 3 seconds. She's also rather squishy so beating her up isn't much of a problem. 

If she uses that annoying awakening skill where a bunch of things are shot  on the screen to mix you up, immediately use 5D and go TOWARDS her as much as you can. That'll force caesar a bit out of screen which makes it hard for her to punish, but more importantly, the super projectiles cant break caesar, and she can't mix you up from full screen so you just have to block the projectiles which is easy (hold back, duh). Doing this effectively destroys her mixup setup and made her waste 50 meter. Nice. 

Marie's DP requires her persona, it's her 5f reversal super that doesn't need a persona.

Wait, are you serious? I remember muting her and then getting DP'd. More than once. 

edit

Yup just tested it, you're totally right

edit 2

while testing things, autocombo>sonic>hook b>sonic b> weave>2C works on her no problem, and since it mutes her, have fun mashing that shit out on her guize