Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Barzorx

[P4AU] Akihiko vs Sho

Thread to discuss Akihiko vs Sho
Please be respectful to everyone's opinions!

List Sho's tools, and Akihiko's answers and possibilities to them. Also an answer from Sho's tools to Akihiko's tools. Finally give your opinion on who you think has an advantage (ie. 5-5 no one's favor, or 6-4 Akihiko's favor, or whatever).

Have fun!

-Barz

I HATE THIS FIGHT WITH THE PASSION OF 1000 BURNING SUNS.

This is easily the worst matchup for akihiko in the entire game. A smart sho will force you to respect his dash-teleport thingamajigger, you can't anti air him, you can't space him, you can't really DP his pressure, and he can even dash behind you in the corner for god knows what reason. You'll see your health deplete little by little but constantly throughout the match.

My only advice is to take a deep breath, try to find patters or habits in the enemy in front of you, and take random wild guesses to get out of his pressure. Other than that, neutral wise, treat it as the same as minazuki, but without command grabs, just much more annoying.

I'd give it a 7-3 or 8-2 in favor of Sho. Maybe if the aki player is god tier 6-4 but that's a hard one to call. I'd say 7-3 is more spot on.

I agree this MU sucks, you have to block a lot and be patient.

Parry works once in a while but they can bait it out if you do it to much, his high speed movement in the corner is dumb.

He can also use his dodge to get out of ex duck > a sonic punch

I agree with Barz its about 7-3 or 8-2 for Sho

When it comes to his teleport he can only get behind you in the corner with the EX version. 

But other than that, agreed. Block and wait for openings. You can parry the knives but that doesn't really help that much in my experience.

Nah parrying isn't great, however if they spam it you can always B parry them from time to time to get dat meter. Sometimes they'll go in with the knife too, mashing buttons. Parry into ex hook babeh.