Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Barzorx

[P4AU] Akihiko vs Chie

Thread to discuss Akihiko vs Chie
Please be respectful to everyone's opinions!

List Chie's tools, and Akihiko's answers and possibilities to them. Also an answer from Chie's tools to Akihiko's tools. Finally give your opinion on who you think has an advantage (ie. 5-5 no one's favor, or 6-4 Akihiko's favor, or whatever).

Have fun!

-Barz

You can use the 5AAAAA > Sonic A > Boomerang B > Sonic B route againts her, however because of the way she falls, instead of ending the combo with Weaving D > Corkscrew, after the Boomerang B go for Ducking D > Weaving C > Corkscrew.

Chie's DP has fatal recovery, so you can get used to use 5AA when pressuring her. If your opponent times his DP wrong and get hits, by the time Aki does 5AA, you can confirm and do 5AAA > 214C > 8A > 4C > 6C > 8A > 4B > 6C > 4A > 6B (3215 meterless). Also since it's a counter style DP, you can use jump > air turn > JB. If it hits, use the same combo.

Mazyodine beats God Hand if you happen to run against someone who uses hit yolo style. Also it's fatal recovery so if you have the meter, don't hesitate to go OMC > Weaving C > Sonic B combo sweetness.

Against Agneyastra, you can also mazyodine, but you have to do it really fast to hit Chier. If you like to surprise your opponent (thats a cooler way of saying "do stupid risky things"), you can 214B, then Sonic Punch SB / Boomerang SB / Corkscrew SB. You're obviously better off just blocking, but hey, that's still a thing to know.

I particularly enjoy doing Parry B>Cork SB on unsuspecting chies running in on me. I do it often. I feed off of those tears. Barz approves. What you said is nearly 1:1 what I'd write, but I'd include:

When she's above you be careful not to anti air, her jC is actually really strong vs Akihiko's 2B. During pressure, they'll sometimes bait grabs - learn fuzzy jump, and break out of her pressure afterwards. If she tries to do 2B or 5C at certain distance in front of you, as if to trying to catch you running towards her, stop mid way and after the move is out, killrush A for a counter hit. This leads to at least 3.5k damage (rush ch, hook b sonic b hook a weave c cork B 2a5aaaaa cork B)

Overall, 6-4 in favor of aki or maybe even 7-3. There's little to worry about in this matchup as far as I know and you can easily blow her up.

I particularly enjoy doing Parry B>Cork B on unsuspecting chies running in on me. I do it often. I feed off of those tears.

You've just proven to be a true Aki player