Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Barzorx

[P4AU] Akihiko vs Adachi

Thread to discuss Akihiko vs Adachi
Please be respectful to everyone's opinions!

List Adachi's tools, and Akihiko's answers and possibilities to them. Also an answer from Adachi's tools to Akihiko's tools. Finally give your opinion on who you think has an advantage (ie. 5-5 no one's favor, or 6-4 Akihiko's favor, or whatever).

Have fun!

-Barz

In my own personal opinion I think Adachi - Akihiko is a 5-5 or maybe 4-6 on Aki favor's matchup. Here's my reasoning why:

Adachi usually use jC and that one jD move I think it is (the cross slash looking thingamajigger) to completely dominate akihiko on the ground. Sure, Aki can with proper timing anti air him,  but this is a high risk action since you could get counter hit into a nasty combo - so do this only if you really think you can get the anti air. Plus, he can instead of doing jC, do the cross slash one to bait your anti air to put the hurt in on you.

As an akihiko player, and really as any other character, you can always air grab them if they spend too much time in the air. You have to be specially careful when doing this though, since you really don't want to get that jC counter hit on you. If you make him respect the air a bit though, that's when things get easier. 

On pressure just block low, they do have command grabs and their DP as an overhead to beat low blocks, but if you are patient and you learn the enemy's patterns, those are easy to block/get out of the way to punish.

Finally, Adachi is only really a threat to akihiko on awakening, as he is to anyone else in the game.

Akihiko however has an extreme amount of damage for the right amount of meter. Keep your meter. IB as much as you can. Once adachi is somewhere around the 50~60% health Akihiko can just destroy him before he enters awakening, or on worst case scenario, force his burst if you can read that far in. Not only that but Akihiko can destroy Adachi's Ziodyne move on reaction with SB Killrush for nasty damage, and if you are good at blocking you can also bait some of his moves (like atom smasher), just keep in mind that adachi is safe on many of his supers so dont try to punish (unless he did mandala and you are not actually blocking it, in which case punish and enjoy the combo!).

-Barz

That will rarely work, but its a good way to go through them if they're not careful hahaha. Lately i've opt to do Killrush SB on reaction though, on the right spacing it'll get a counterhit which is always nice