Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shoto

AC: General Strategies and Tactics

Not sure where else to put this but:

1FJ TK Kokuugeki:

By inputting 632147K+->]S[, you can get kokuugeki to come out a few frames sooner than normal, as the 1fJ puts you at the minimum height. Note that because of the negative edge involved, this is a bitch to do in any useful way, but if you get it right, you'll see no dust come up from your jump, and the kokuugeki should hit as low to the ground as possible.

Yeah, probably useless. But... I thought it was cool.

More training mode shenanigans: 6H (RC) j.P, 2K. This mixup could be incredibly ambiguous, as both the j.P and the 2K can potentially come out fast enough to blockstring, meaning that it's extremely fast. Of course, for 50% meter, it might not be worth it, but it's a high-low trick that's very ambiguous. It also helps that both moves have really tiny animations, making them hard to see.

Combo from j.P: j.P, land, 5/2K, etc.

Combo from 2K: Er, what you normally do off 2K?

Execution note: You have to RC 6H as soon as it connects (This doesn't work if the 6H is meaty) and push P almost immediately for the P to connect. You can hitconfirm by holding 2 and rolling P~K extremely quickly, and the 2K will connect in time to combo (And thus be fairly difficult to poke out of) if the j.P whiffs. Note that if the j.P hits, you have to time the 2K differently because of hitstop, so to completely hitconfirm the j.P, you have to hit [2]P~K-K (Doubletap the K) and immediately go into your combo (S or 2D). This is super tough, but the bright side is, if you do it right, even if they block right, you don't lose your blockstring.

Funny option select against normal mode ABA.

Dash in and do 2K with holding 3, and slightly stagger a close slash while moving the stick from 3 to 4.. If she does EX slide to get away, you wiff 2K and throw a rensen at her back, if she respects, you just do a block string..

Sad part is, the rensen won't punish the slide, but, it could catch them off guard..

Alternatively doing 3K,3D will let you do rensen FRC and keep pressuring if she slides out and blocks, or confirm off 2D xx rensen FRC if she's hit, which was my original plan.. the problem being if she didn't slide 3K3D leaves you at -8, forcing you to do stuff like cancel to raisegeki FRC, or other (IMO) less optimal block string enders since you have no charge and 2D doesn't chain to anything. Whereas, the above one leaves you with various gatlings to work with, or +1 advantage from close slash.

Nothing super useful.. but, not entirely useless.

Where does one get recent information about R changes?

(Also, while non-overhead Axl Bomber is a lame nerf, it probably won't have *that* much actual effect, whereas 5P-6K gatling and optional 1-hit chains will be broke as fuck)

- P, 2P, 6K, 2S, 2HS, jump 6P, jump S: you now hold the button to get the 2nd hit of each move.

- Raieisageki (63214H): FRC removed.

- FB Kyokusageki added, 4 (charge) 6 D, has vacuum effect. Combos after 5H, but not after 2D.

- 5P-6K is now possible as a gatling.

- Axl Bomber no longer hits overhead.

- 623P counter on CH causes a different wall bounce.

- Rensengeki followup upwards (charge 4, 6S, then up) hitbox modified, can combo from CH trades.

- Close 5S looks different.

Also I read somewhere that 2P and f.S can combo into FB Kyouku. And 2D seems faster.

The loc test thread here on DL is the only place to get info that I know of.

edit: ninja'd by horokei

5P6K is something I've wanted for a long time..

I'm hoping maybe if bomber isn't overhead it will start up faster. hopefully enough that, say, late air dash jPK>bomber combos.. so his high option is still meterless, even if it grants less damage for the starter. his offense is already so meter reliant, taking his one good source of meterless damage is soo.. ughn.

Still hype for this new Axl though.

Also FB Kyouku deals only 1 hit. So if it become part of his BnB, his combos will be even easier and do more damage than rensen frc. Unless FB Kyoku has has f.prorate.

I assume it will likely be the better combo tool and rensen frc would probably be more for pressure and comboing from 2D where 5H fb kyoku won't reach.

That or it could have hella plus frames and vacuum in dramatically on block or some crazy shit.

Whoa! New Guilty Gear!

Axl Bomber losing its overhead property doesn't seem so bad - just a reasonable damage nerf to his corner game. I'm glad they're keeping the B-loop in at all (for the moment.)