Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fistmaster049

Sin vs Faust

Sup guys

Noticed that this matchup didn't have a thread yet so ...here we are :3

Anyway, down to business, Could I possibly get some pointers in this matchup?

my impressions so far are..

+ Once we are in, we are in, he seems to have to risk a dead angle in order to get rid of us

+ His defence isn't amazing so killing him quick is possible

+ Elk hunt low profiles his Far slash (<3) 

- Getting in seems a pain, Faust is very good at keeping people away in neutral

- His pokes > Ours (minus Beak driver I believe?)

- As with most matchups, Sin on defence is rough

Seems relatively even in all fairness though, probs in Faust's favour overall though

about 5.5/4.5 in Faust favour?

Beyond Faust dodging our 6H when he crouches, it's not that bad. If they're content to sit far away and toss items you get to eat for free too. Lots of Faust players are used to you coming to them so they'll let you have a free steak or two before they realize "oh crap, I shouldn't be sitting here throwing bombs!".

Also, 6P is god in this MU. His moves are kinda wide and clumsy in the air and he likes to just make them safe on block, like his drill dive kick, just antiair those a lot with 6P into full combos. Sin is basically like a Faust with higher damage and shorter range but no mixups and randomness in exchange for lots of damage off of random pokes. If Sin ever got even half-way decent mixups he'd be joining him up in the top tier throne I think.

Elk Hunt also low profiles 41236S. Beak Driver will detonate his paper bag projectile early if it hits. I have a feeling that Sin goes dead even with Faust in Neutral. Faust range is slightly better on the ground but those same pokes got devoured by Elk Hunt. Sin's high/low isn't great but his pressure is fantastic & Faust doesn't have any fast normals he can mash to get out or a DP. I'll get lots of practice in the coming days with this match-up, I'll report my findings here!

I think this match is impossible, tbh.

Fausts 5S dominates this match, and whenever he gets a good item, the whole match starts to go awry.

Yeah, elk hunt low profiles and beak driver slightly out ranges, but those are taking food and don't have the positives of 5S->item.

Not to mention Fausts low moves are really good, too.

Fishhook can also punish full screen eats.

You mention keeping pressure on faust is easy? How?

With 6H whiffing on faust crouching, keeping up pressure is only Elk Hunt which is only +2 and not guaranteed to be close enough to use 2p or 2K and costs food.

Cancelling into hops get eaten alive by fausts 6p, 2k, 5k.

Then you have issues dealing with paper bag toss and dive kicks.

And then you have sin on defense, which may even be worse than faust on defense, BC Faust has so much better mixup options.

I can't see this match being any better than 4-6, and I'm thinking it's closer to 3-7.

I would think that after blocking Elk Hunt, the situation is probably even or in Sin's favor, because of how slow Faust's normals are. His fastest normal is 6 frames (5P), and his 2P is 7 frames, so being at +2, Sin should have plenty of options there. From farther ranges it may be iffy, since I don't play the matchup enough to be familiar with how their normals interact in close-to-even situations.

6P beats 5S, 5K, Fish Hook, Dive and (if you are close enough) 2HS. Beak Driver is great for fishing him out to move because all of his normals are huge. Elk hunt is good but I would use it sparingly. While you are pressuring, you should have no problem keeping him there because he has basically no air dash. He has no wakeup options to speak up and Voltic Deign bodies all of them. You can't instant overhead him with J.HS so that sucks. Most of his normals are very slow so frame trapping him is pretty easy. I do feel his neutral is on par with Sin's and he is a lot more nimble.

If you want to 6P this stupid character, I highly recommend using the CH 6P > 214S confirm instead of 6P > cS > 5H. Faust's annoying hurtbox makes the 5H whiff at most times when it's practical to AA him, while 6P 214S works at all distances and all heights on CH.

I was hoping to find some inspiration on this match up... its just tough I think. Depends on the other players play style and how it matches up to yours I think. I never had any real trouble with faust but I dont do well against turtles. Played a faust that likes keep away and only came close when he got a good item. Every match was tough, what I did learn was to stay out of the air, with all of his crazy anti air options I was better off using meter for mobility options. YRC I think is key, using YRC 236k for an easy CH then follow up as well as hop YRC dash to close the gap and get in extremely fast. 

Yeah I am having the same issues int the match. I find you have to make good reads and make them count and maximize damage. I like to 236k items and 236H because of counter hit. The biggest issue I run into is when i get the knockdown in the corner because Sin has little to no mix up or oki. I just pray the faust player doesnt know how to block lol. 

You basically just let him do whatever he wanted and never abused the fact that Faust doesn't have strong defensive options.

You can do 2HS to crank up RISC, meaty 2D, J.d to bait a throw/force high blocking, DP to bait a throw

Need to make better use of your meter. At one point you ate did elk hunt>VD and didn't even get anything from it.

You didn't convert a lot of hits/Counter hits which meant you lost a lot of damage. I saw a lot of 6P>Nothing, 6P>5S>236K whiff. Honestly this is probably why you're losing. Sin has one thing going for him in most Match-ups;range and damage. However in the faust MU he only really has damage, so you have to really make the most out of your hits.

If Faust does door jump forward and FD. If he does the Pogocopter just walk up and do Beak Driver or charged Beak Driver and it CHs. 

2S at the start of the round to beat everything that isn't 5/2P.

5/2P is good at the start of the round to beat or trade with his faster buttons. 

5Hs isn't awful either. 

Thanks man alot stuff i dropped was because i didn't react. I saw it hit and was surprised it hit and didn't confirm.