Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KentoHardRok

Sin vs Chipp

Really starting to have trouble against really strong Chipp players. He's the only character whose speed beats out Sin completely. There are faster characters but Chipps mobility eats Sin up. When I try to play aggressive it feels like his normals are winning and when I try to zone him, a well placed teleport destroys him. The only benefit is that with two complete combos you can call Chipp with Sin as long as you can hit him... guidance please.

So I see a lot of views but no comments... is this just a bad match up. Sin's moves have great range and recover although without a projectile its still easy for chipp to find his way past them using teleports. It seems to me that carefully placed rc's are the best bet and keeping your distance, letting him come to you since he can't fight from across the screen. 

Sorry, I don't have enough matchup experience with Chipp, or at all, to even comment on this. I'd imagine it's a lot of spacing your normals for him to run into. 

I usually play defensively against Chipp in general. 5P is going to be your friend here. Save your meter for YRC'd Elk Hunters in pressure and charged Beak Driver to bait teleports, respectively. Neutral jumps with J6HC is a good space control method since it recovers fast and lets you immediately hold your ground or poke with 5S and 2S upon landing. Also I've noticed that Chipp players who like to try to push buttons in the air all the time can be caught with J.P fairly easily, if you're fighting an over-aggressive player. That's my two cents on this MU so far.

So I have learned a little something on this matchup. Space control is extremely important. More than anything they always play aggressive but after a hard knockdown they move towards teleporting around you or even that blue double image that holds you. Haven't really run into a chipp that uses projectiles all that much. But anyway, back dashes and leap as well as air beak drivers/Vulture Seize are so important. Forces Chipp to respect how much Sin can cover in the air and rethink flying around. If you can cut down his jumping around he is MUCH easier to deal with. 

6P is godsent here since Chipp likes to be in the air. Learn the optimal confirm off of it. It can kill him in 2 touches lol. Also backdash is very important here since you wanna take advantage of your superior range. Just don't be within his 2D range cause that move is insanely good. Don't overuse beak driver cause he can call it out with Alpha Blade from nearly anywhere though.