Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Magaki

[Xrd 1.10] Elphelt Changes thread

Do NOT post any wishlist here.

February 14th loketest changes:

Official changelist

Elphelt 1.0 => Loketest:

2S 90% initial proration added, forward hurtbox expanded
j. D floats on ground hit
Pineberry (236P) - now has a hitbox before the explosion, can be pushed away by enemy attacks; when Elphelt is attacked, she no longer explodes; when it clashes with a projectile, it now explodes on the spot.
Bridal Express (214K) - both ground and midair versions now have increased proration.
Bridal express air and ground versions pushback reduced
Miss Confire (236S) - now launches the opponent higher on counter-hit.

Miss Confire air CH untech time increased

Miss Confire regular shot damage increased 30->35

Miss Confire MAX shot hit stop increased
Miss Confire RC auto-corrects Elphelt if she was crossed up.
Miss Travalier (236HS) - the amount of tension gained with the reload is decreased from 200 to 100.

Miss Travailler regular shot damage decreased 40->35

Max shot (close version) damage decreased 70->60

Fixed SG-D's hitbox hitting the opponent behind Elphelt.

System changes:
Full translation by SoWL
- Added Sin, Elphelt and Leo.
- Various adjustments to all characters.
- the input buffer for button presses, forward dash etc. has been increased.
- Some commands for specials and supers are now easier to input.
- If you Blitz Shield a projectile and the opponent is nearby, they get repelled.
- The start-up of purple Roman Cancel is reduced.
- When the opponent uses Roman Cancel during a blue Psyche Burst's start-up, a red Roman Cancel is now performed.
- Changed the behavior of neutral ukemi at low altitude.

Other translations:
Blitzshield on projectiles can reject the opponent if nearby
Blue Burst force RRC state
Bigger input for reversals and specials

Famous players' twitter accounts:
Sharon
Koichi

If you need help with any japanese texts, please ask SoWL.

Previous February 6th loketest changes:

[collapse]
February 6th loketest changes:

Official link

Elphelt changes:

Full translation by SoWL

Elphelt:
f.S - the attack level is reduced from 3 to 2.
Pineberry (236P) - now has a hitbox before the explosion, can be pushed away by enemy attacks; when Elphelt is attacked, she no longer explodes; when it clashes with a projectile, it now explodes on the spot.
Bridal Express (214K) - both ground and midair versions now have increased proration.
Miss Confire (236S) - now launches the opponent higher on counter-hit.
Miss Travalier (236HS) - the amount of tension gained with the reload is decreased from 200 to 100.

Other Elphelt translations:

Pineberry changes

System changes:
Full translation by SoWL
- Added Sin, Elphelt and Leo.
- Various adjustments to all characters.
- the input buffer for button presses, forward dash etc. has been increased.
- Some commands for specials and supers are now easier to input.
- If you Blitz Shield a projectile and the opponent is nearby, they get repelled.
- The start-up of purple Roman Cancel is reduced.
- When the opponent uses Roman Cancel during a blue Psyche Burst's start-up, a red Roman Cancel is now performed.
- Changed the behavior of neutral ukemi at low altitude.

Other translations:
Blitzshield on projectiles can reject the opponent if nearby
Blue Burst force RRC state
Bigger input for reversals and specials

[/collapse]

Correction: Grenade misfires if Elphelt is hit.

Welp, my bad :v:

Elphelt is still top tier if these are the only changes, TBH. Confire buff is actually nice. Grenade had to go if Elphelt was hit; having an active grenade out when you're being punished that was way too cheesy, even if good players know how to avoid it while punishing Elphelt.

Characters like Zato-1, Millia and Ram got hit way harder. Faust seems relatively unscathed, but then there's stuff like blitzing mini-faust to consider.

Only changes that matter IMO:

-Grenade nerf only affects its use in neutral. Toss YRC should still be strong but you can't use it to get in mindlessly like before. Okizeme-wise, you will just do like usual, toss the grenade and check whether the opponent blocked or not to apply more pressure/mixup.

-fS being level 2 instead of 3 means that crouching confirm into fS>2H isn't at thing anymore. Would have to go with cS>2H only unless they slightly buff 2H's startup. fS>2H on block will also be mashable now on normal block or you can jump out of it (you could already get thrown before though) so frame trap into 2H CH>shotgun loop in the corner for huge damage is very risky.
This also affects the May, Chipp, Potemkin, Faust and Millia matchup where you could go into 2H>2D>jP route on crouching for big damage meterless.
Finally, this also nerfs her abare and you need the opponent to be much closer for fS>214K to connect.

-Projectile blitzshield nerf and the bigger reversal window will make it much easier to deal with unblockable loops but you can get around it with meter anyway.
Question would rather be, is the rejected part considered to be unblockable or not ? If it's blockable, it barely affects her okizeme because you can just throw a grenade and wait to see if it's blocked or not while holding 1.
Finally, if it's blockable, is it punishable ? If it isn't, it's back to neutral for just 12,5 tension used.
Elphelt isn't really affected by it as badly as Ram or Millia anyway.

Also, after checking the changelists, looks like the tops least affected by changes are:
Faust
Elphelt
Millia
Ram
Zato

Will have to wait for the full changelist to figure out how good Elphelt 1.10 could be hence why I wrote down the famous players' twitter accounts in order to check their opinions during the loketest.

-fS being level 2 instead of 3 means that crouching confirm into fS>2H isn't at thing anymore. Would have to go with cS>2H only unless they slightly buff 2H's startup. fS>2H on block will also be mashable now on normal block or you can jump out of it (you could already get thrown before though) so frame trap into 2H CH>shotgun loop in the corner for huge damage is very risky.

This also affects the May, Chipp, Potemkin, Faust and Millia matchup where you could go into 2H>2D>jP route on crouching for big damage meterless.

Finally, this also nerfs her abare and you need the opponent to be much closer for fS>214K to connect.

To be fair, CH f.S>2H will still work standing/crouching. It's definitely a notable nerf though. If you're not fishing for counter-hits, fS>2S>236H/P are probably better options now.

-Projectile blitzshield nerf and the bigger reversal window will make it much easier to deal with unblockable loops but you can get around it with meter anyway.

Question would rather be, is the rejected part considered to be unblockable or not ? If it's blockable, it barely affects her okizeme because you can just throw a grenade and wait to see if it's blocked or not while holding 1.

Finally, if it's blockable, is it punishable ? If it isn't, it's back to neutral for just 12,5 tension used.

Elphelt isn't really affected by it as badly as Ram or Millia anyway.

Her meterless unblockable loop should be mostly unaffected, I think? We know for sure it's range based, unless the actual range to trigger the repel effect is *huge* there should be no change to the setup, at worst the setup is a little harder because the spacing requirements are stricter. The input buffer change doesn't specifically mention reversal windows AFAIK, but it could definitely affect how easily it can be dealt with (and in any case it would be a welcome change in my book).

I agree with the rest though, the way her oki is affected is pretty much up to how new Blitz is implemented. I think she'll be fine barring some nasty hidden nerfs.

Hmmm, changes seem actually decent. I honestly just assumed pineberry to lose its hitbox so I couldn't feel sad about whatever they were going to nerf. These changes seem fine so far. Pineberry doesn't completely screw over zoning characters now and as people have said already, it should still be a great tool for oki.

f.S seems like the more major nerf, makes confirming quite a bit trickier. Harder to get knockdown off f.S > 214K and I'll miss going into 2HS > shotgun as long as you were out of throw range, but that was probably a bit too good anyways. X:

Wonder how the proration change on 214K will affect damage, might be strictly better to save meter and go for the corner carry and YRC pineberry afterwards.

Doesn't really matter for now anyways, we'll have to see if these changes even stick or if there are other changes coming.

goyj3NQ.jpg

Koichi's thoughts on the loketest.
He doesn't speak english so he used google translator to talk. Still easy to figure out what he means and confirms our thoughts concerning the loketest.

I think she'd be in a pretty good spot if they reverted 1 of the bigger nerfs and instead nerfed the shotgun damage a little (like 70->60-65 for charged?). This way one of the big complaints (damage) are addressed but it doesn't feel like they're just taking away Elphelt's toys :) Proration change on bridal express will reduce damage on some bnb's, but her biggest burst damage doesn't come from combos that use it. Since grenade received multiple nerfs, maybe reverting one of them would be fine. I do think grenade becoming a dud if Elph gets hit should remain though.

The change to grenade and prorate on bridal express will make the shotgun damage less common since people will be more willing to do something than let Elphelt run up and do the command throw in shotgun stance.

The change to far slash also makes going into shotgun mid-pressure less easy since 2H > shotgun stance was actually plus and could be done from far slash. 

The shotgun loop will still be rewarding it just won't end up on a silver plate since the grenade won't cover as many risks you take with shotgun stance.

The proration change on Bridal certainly concerns initial proration and it's fair because Bridal or Air Bridal on CH were just ridiculous and much bigger threats than 2H CH. Changing the proration anyway got nothing to do with SG-D itself.

Shotgun stance didn't change at all and the same can be said about her shotgun stagger pressure and her tension gain with shotgun pressure. SG-D should be only used after the opponent respected it due to its huge startup anyway.

fS>2H will still be there but this time you can mash or jump out of it. It was already not really something you could abuse because you could throw her out of it quite easily.
You still got plenty of options after a blocked fS like 236P, Bridal frame trap, jump cancel, air bridal, air bridal YRC, etc. This change really only affect her abare. Her pressure will still be great and cover a lot of options.

Anyway, considering the fact that she got the smallest amount of changes, it most likely means that they are quite satisfied already with her current version. Future still looks very bright for our waifu.

The change to grenade and prorate on bridal express will make the shotgun damage less common since people will be more willing to do something than let Elphelt run up and do the command throw in shotgun stance.

Magaki beat me to it, but I don't think the bridal express change is important to affecting a player's decision to avoid command grab or not, command grab is most common in the corner where you can follow it up meterless with a shotgun loop. At that close of a range you will either have RC to cover bridal express or a grenade's explosion will cover you on block (which on hit would go into shotgun loop anyway). On that note, she has many ways to go into shotgun loop that don't involve command grab.

I did this very quickly, so it's tentative.

f.S reverted to lvl 3 attack

2S 90% initial proration added, forward hurtbox expanded

j. D floats on ground hit

Bridal express air and ground versions pushback reduced

Miss Confire air CH untech time increased

Miss Confire regular shot damage increased 30->35

Miss Confire MAX shot hit stop increased

Some other shit with miss confire I don't know. Has to do with where your opponent is facing when you RC.

Miss Travailler regular shot damage decreased 40->35

Max shot (close version) damage decreased 70->60

Kuzusu has the same note as all command grabs about no longer being YRC'able, but I don't think it ever was anyway.

I believe this last note for Miss Travailler is about them removing the reverse shot loops; she can no longer get behind a wall stuck opponent.

fS being back to level 3 is a huge news and will allow us to roughly have the same pressure as 1.0

Bridal having less pushback makes it great for CH confirms and should make oki better too.

Doubt more hitstop on UB confire will affect the UB so it looks like it's still unchanged.

Concerning shotgun, we have roughly a ~15% raw damage nerf (looks like Bananaken guessed right haha). Considering the proration/damage decay during combos, it should be something like 10% less damage on shotgun loop from full health. Will still be huge damage though.

Doubt the other changes are really relevant however. jD floating on ground hit would be interesting if the downward hitbox was slightly better but I don't think it will really be used that much.

I'm quite satisfied with this version however and if she stays unchanged, will be one of the best characters for sure.

Edit: First post edited with all the changes so far from Elphelt 1.0>Second loketest.
Second post got the first loketest changes.

Looks also like you don't get tension back anymore if you BS a projectile ? Makes BS options to get out of UB setups slightly more expensive.

Some other shit with miss confire I don't know. Has to do with where your opponent is facing when you RC.

According to the person behind the translations posted in the general thread, Elphelt will turn to aim at an opponent behind her if she YRCs or reloads.

I believe this last note for Miss Travailler is about them removing the reverse shot loops; she can no longer get behind a wall stuck opponent.

I think all they did was fix a bug where Kuzusu would happen with the opponent behind Elphelt.

There's nothing in the translation that suggests reverse shotgun loop is no longer possible. There *was* a bug fix where shotgun D was able to hit from behind, I think now they actually make Elphelt's character model autocorrect, haha.

This seems like the most accurate changelist so far (from Loke1->Loke2):

Elphelt:

- 2S: 80% starter proration added; hurtbox increased frontally
- j.D: enemy floats on ground hit now
- Bridal Express: doesn't push back opponent as much on both ground and air versions
- Sniper: more untech time on air CH; damage increased from 30 to 35; more hitstop on ch max shot version
- Sniper: Elphelt now turns to where the opponent is when you RC or reload
- Shotgun (shot): normal shot damage reduced from 40 to 35; max shot damage reduced from 70 to 60
- Shotgun (command throw): can only YRC on startup frames now; fixed a bug

I totally called reverting 1 of the big nerfs and nerfing shotgun damage. :lol:

Doubt more hitstop on UB confire will affect the UB so it looks like it's still unchanged.

Doubt the other changes are really relevant however. jD floating on ground hit would be interesting if the downward hitbox was slightly better but I don't think it will really be used that much.

If anything, Miss Confire got a bunch of smaller buffs, the hitstop buff on the Max shot should make Max shot>RC easier to confirm and possibly get better BnB's. Elphelt turning around was a "quality of life" change that seemed like something obvious she should have had  from the get-go, so I'm glad it's there. 

Ground hit j.D might be really interesting in the corner, she can definitely land stuff like IAD j.S>j.D on standing opponents, if it's the standard j.D float you might be able to follow up with 2H into whatever you want. 

If you check the official list (page 25), you can see that it says 90 for 2S so it looks like it's 90% proration instead of 80.
Thanks for clarifying the last changes though. Edited them in the first post.

Main problem I have with jD though is that it whiffs on every crouchers even Pot. Using a blockstring like IAD jS>jD will make the jD whiff if the opponent crouched resulting in a throw or even a punish.

I tested in training mode and it looks like some use we can have for it is to do stuff like fS/5H RC>IAD jK>jS>jD that can combo in case you're too far for 214K and on standing hit. If jD floats like on air hit (untechable for 30f then), might be possible to do dash 2H or at least dash cS.
Doubt it will allow us to get more damage than 214K RC combo though but it's probably better than 5Hx5 RC ender.

I agree with shotgun damage nerf being fair though.

Woops, yeah 2S is indeed 90% initial proration

More options for IAD stuff on standing opponents is nice, j.D is not that easy to land off any IAD but it definitely beats something like j.SPS>c.S>etc. (that is, if you get it in the corner)