Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Magaki

[Xrd 1.10] Elphelt Changes thread

For people wondering why there were no changes updates, that was because I found no notes at all concerning anything related to her and the third loketest.

Sharon and Konsomme (Yeah, looks like he will play Elphelt too. Looking forward to it.) both said that she was exactly the same as the second loketest.

Koichi confirmed today that she's the same too.

Hi guys, I'm not an Elph player, but I came across this "gem" here.

https://twitter.com/takehara_yury/status/572347386334351361

Care to explain? I've heard these are her 1.1 changes. Or is it how it is right now and they're fixing it? Should I worry or just drop GG for good before it becomes a total Elph-rape-fest and play some BlazBlue?

EDIT
The training mode overlay on these screens makes me think it's from the console version, but I heard they're revamping the arcade sparring mode, maybe that's it.

Yeah, I figured that much, the thing I'd like to know is what is happening in these screens exactly. I know that the annotation under 6HS says she'll get hit on the next frame, but why doesn't she get hit in her f.S or 2D like any other character would? Don't they have hurtboxes on the extended parts? I'm pretty sure I used to hit Elph players multiple times in the flowers with Sol's f.S and such, so maybe it's just projectile invul? What I want to know most if it is the current state or something from the 1.10 update.

Console state; done the f.S test in the past and got the same results.  Didn't know about the others, but it explains a lot.

Any info on how she's doing in the 1.1 patch? I really wan't to know what changes from the loketest's made it in and what didn't.

Dogura said he's dropping whoever he's playing to main her. Pretty self-explanatory IMO.

Only footage we have at the moment is on Jonio's twitch. But the video is like, 10 hours long. I honestly don't have the patience to watch it whole.

Doesn't seem that we have any footage of her on youtube last time I checked. Goldenrody uploaded a day1 Xrd 1.1 tournament but it doesn't have any Elphelt in it (No Chipp too sadly).

Horibuna didn't add a 1.1 section yet unfortunately so directly looking for footage on Nico is the only option.

Anyone wondering about those hit boxes should keep in mind the end of the bouquet is a weapon normal. There is invul on the foot of 2d. And all along the top and ends of 2s. You can even spot dodge detonation with 2s. No clue on 5k though.

Well I just started trying stuff out and it might be the fact that I'm sleepy as hell but I think 2H makes them float a bit higher which has been screwing me up a bit with some of her 2H>236P>cS>air combo's but they still work for the most part. I'm not sure if this was already known so if it was let me know. 

Edit:OK now I'm sure they did something to 2H. I decided to try some combos that used the RC>dash>2H route on Faust since they didn't really work on him (well last time I checked they didn't work so correct me if I'm wrong) and I was able to get them pretty consistently. I tried it out with 2 simple combos:

fS>5H>214K>RC>dash>2H>cS>jK>jS>djK>jS>jH>jD>(236P) 167dmg

CH 6H>236P>2H>cS>jK>jS>jH>4P>jS>djS>jP>jS>jH>jD>(236P) 173dmg

I decided to try some combos that used the RC>dash>2H route on Faust since they didn't really work on him

That's rather because they changed Faust's hurtbox.

Well that's good to know,still I'm sure they changed 2H a little since it seems to make them float a little higher but like I said I'm way to sleepy for this right now so someone please let me know if it's my eyes playing tricks on me.

Actually, 2H is the same. Faust's hurtbox is now wider and it was listed amongst his changes IIRC. 2H(2) still seems to whiff on some occasions on him but it's definetely not as common as before.

Anyway:
All berry combos are still working fine. Character specifics like Zato are still around though. If 2H floated higher, this wouldn't be the case.
Alioune's unblockable loops work fine.
All shotgun combos work fine.
Damage comparison 1.0==>>1.1
SG-D>standard loop (188 dmg) (44% total health) ==>> 172 dmg (41% total health)
SG-D>Walk loop (225 dmg) (53% total health) ==>> 201 dmg (48% total health)
SG-D>berry loop (219 dmg) (52% total health) ==>> 205 dmg (48% total health)
SG-D>SG-S link loop (237 dmg) (56% total health) ==>> 215 dmg (51% total health)
Around 5% less damage on SG-D combos. 10-15% with big starters meterless.

Ground Bridal CH not as good as it looked like but it's definetely easier now to follow it up. Still not possible if you're too close though except against big characters.
Air Bridal CH is amazing now and you can go straight for 2H>236P afterwards with no problem at all.
90% proration on ground Bridal, air bridal and 2S.
SG-D still hits from behind but she auto-corrects now.
Confire level 1 shot got pretty much the same float and full untechable time as CH level 2 shot now. Can do level 1 shot>normal reload>aim on the ground>level 1 shot to get knockdown for 67 dmg. HUGE hitstop on it though so CH level 1>RC allow to do fullscreen dash and keep comboing.
Confire YRC auto-corrects now.

jD floating on ground hit not as interesting as it looked like on paper. Midscreen, best option seem to just be jD>(microdash) fS>5Hx5. In the corner you can do jD>(5P)xN>cS for unblockables I guess.
Grenade nerfs exactly like we saw in videos.

My conclusion: Slightly weaker character with the small damage nerf and grenade in neutral not as strong as before but she's still top tier for sure.

Alioune's unblockable loops work fine.

I'd disagree. I only played vs. Elphelt a little bit (my own Elph is scrubby as hell and barely a 3rd pocket character, so I have to base it on my opponents) with my Sol, but I was able to IB the grenade and hit my opponent out of rifle stance with f.S. It might have been far from a frame-tight setup, but with the grenade disappearing now, this seems a lot easier to get out of. Of course, spending an additional 25% meter after grenade toss to YRC in stance and turn this situation around seems an option. Someone more proficient with Elph's unblocks than me should just test this.

Thanks for clearing that up,also I guess it was kinda important to mention that I was referring to CH 2H but it's probably the same,my eyes were probably playing tricks on me again.

I did test them and there is still no gap after IB> UB shot.
The Elphelt you played with simply fucked up.

Maybe the timings changed or something but her regular air combo seems different when I try and do the jump cancel S to continue the combo

I did test them and there is still no gap after IB> UB shot.

The Elphelt you played with simply fucked up.

I tried the alaioune setup myself (sol, with elphelt as dummy to record the setup), and I think there a little gap after blocking the grenade, if you mash jump after blocking the grenade, you will get hit by the rifle but the grenade explosion will whiff

Correct me if I wrong though, only did a short test yesterday, maybe I did some mistake on the setup lol

Anyway, is there any new combo that is a "must learn" in 1.1? So far I only did her old combp and it seem work just fine

Can't you like IB the grenade and Blitz the rifle? a friend has been doing that to me and it works everytime :/

If your setup is tight enough, you have to blitz the grenade. If you can IB the grenade and blitz the rifle, you can probably IB the grenade and backdash the rifle. Alioune's setups are tighter.