Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Magaki

[Xrd 1.10] Chipp Zanuff changes

February 6th loketest changes:

Official link

Chipp changes:

Full translation by SoWL

Chipp:
2S - now staggers on counter-hit.
Tsuyoshishiki Meisei (214K) - the appearance is changed.
Tsuyoshishiki Ten'i HS (22HS) - the overall duration decreased from 26 to 20 frames, now same as the S version; now appears slightly higher.
Shinkirou (623H) - now blows the opponent away on counter-hit.
Zansei Rouga (632146H) - the opponent's movement on hit is changed; the last hit's damage is increased from 110 to 150.

i wasn't going to open a new thread for this, but now that we have one, we might as well discuss the changes here.

my thoughts:

first of all, keep in mind that these changes are likely not final, as is standard procedure in arcsys loketests (chipp's 2D had jump cancel at some point in a loketest...)

2S counter hit stagger: sounds very, very useful, although it somewhat depends on the length of the stagger. The only other option to get stagger in the rekka pressure was a delayed second 236S, and the stagger time in xrd has been reduced to make the link into 2D really hard without the enemy recovering. With 2S stagger, anything into 2D, 236S > link 2S now is a legit and dangerous frame trap. Dashing 2S as an alternative to dashing S(f) is also more interesting now (even though it did have its uses in older GGs, since it beat several specific normals).

22HS now as fast as 22S: not much to say here, other than that it is a nice buff i was hoping for. We can now combo 2HS into 22HS, which is nice for positioning.

new invis GFX: remains to be seen, but it sounds like a (probably required) nerf to me.

623HS blow away on CH: don't know what to make of this. It doesn't sound like a buff, but should be one, considering that "dry" 623HS were really risky and not used very much to begin with.

632146HS DMG buff: Well, nice to have, but his other supers are still way more useful - j.214214K to get knockdown and 236236K to block burst and kill. Granted, 632146HS isn't used in the same situations than the other supers, but the situations where you can land a 632146HS aren't very many.

Main reason why I opened a new one is because directly talking about it in a gameplay or general thread easily gets important informations flooded by wishlist, and other topics which is quite annoying when the changes and anything related to them are what you're looking for. Though, the Chipp board got neat posters so it might have been unnecessary indeed.

I agree with most of what you mentionned but I share different thoughts concerning other changes:

22H changes: Duration buff is very useful and is great for the j214214K air combo route with something for example like:
2S>22S>air combo>d or tjS>jH(1)>j214214K>land>dash cS>5H>IAD jP>jD
Now with 22H, we can choose which side we want to corner carry with.

Problem I have though concerns the higher height change. This might actually make the jPKS>djKKKKS>tjSH more stable (wasn't stable on the whole cast on ground hit and even worse on air hit.) but it really depends on how much higher he is now.
However, in neutral, 22H obviously became worse as making him higher makes it easier to go for an AA, reversal or, most importantly an air throw.
Granted, 22H alone wasn't an option that great in neutral but the same can't be said about 22H YRC that is very useful in matchups against characters who rely on projectile YRC like Ky, Elphelt etc
Making it go higher makes it worse. Though, like I said, everything depends on how much higher he is now. Will need to watch loketest footage to figure it out.

Zansei changes: Only situation where that super is useful now is just for very specific neutral punish OR to have guaranteed damage after a Blitzshield (you can't BS supers). I think the change on the way the opponent moves is because sometimes, like in +R, the first hit touches the opponent but the others completely whiff. Situation was very rare though and only happened to me when I hit an airborne opponent close to the ground.
Nothing really important though.

i forgot about the height change.

yeah, the fact that it takes longer to fall sets off the quicker duration (probably to give the opponent more time to react). it remains to be seen how it affects air combos.

if this change also affects 22S teleport by the way, it could make running 22S tele crossups be a bit easier / more reliable. we'll see.

more thoughts on new 22HS: the changes will affect his corner oki in some way or another - hard to tell if it is a buff or not.

+ lower startup and higher height means the 228HS, wall cling, down dash, airdash back oki will hit earlier and will be a bit easier to perform.

+he will be able to wall cling faster, which means more time for the oki

- however, the higher teleport height will change the angle of the down-dash, and could make it even harder to connect an instant 2D after it (even without the change, 2D > 236S after the downdash was already impossible against eg. venom).

Teleport change will be nice. Especially for combo videos since I know in those videos I wanted to do longer combos in a lot of them but was to close to corner so now being able to teleport out of corner will deff add some longer cooler looking combos for sure.

Super doing more damage is good, because well how can doing more damage be a bad thing. I know because of the way the damage buffer works in this game actually the super is almost completely useless in combos because beat em' up super does more in long combos now anyway. Hopefully this fixes this....

Really woulda liked freeze to be sped up to older games speed. Give jump dust a couple frames extra untechable time as well. Oh well...

Additionnal changes: First tweet and Second.

- JD on counter, shorter rolling distance, non-techable
- Alpha blows opponent higher
- Alpha-plus, bigger hitbox
- S teleport, appears at higher position
- Kunai-super, bigger hitbox, slower acceleration timing for 2nd kunai

Kunai super changes are awesome. Should be much easier now to convert random airborne hits into nice combo with knockdown.
22S being higher like 22H really depends on how much higher he is now. Might be barely noticeable though to make jPKS universal hence why they tweaked both teleports.

Nerf on jD is too bad but then again the CH on it was ridiculous.
Alpha buff is a welcome change. Not gonna be used that much anyway. Unless it concerns air alpha too ? Gotta wait and see.

well, since it's so silent here, i might as well...

- JD on counter, shorter rolling distance, non-techable: hopefully this affects j.D CH against airborne targets, which gave ridiculously short slide before. j.D CH against standing targets was fine, which would mean it's a nerf, but at least it would be untechable, then.
- Alpha blows opponent higher: sounds pointless, except if it affects air alpha as well, which would make instant air alpha combos very slightly better.
- Alpha-plus, bigger hitbox: nice change, alpha plus tended to whiff if you combo into ground alpha a lot, and you had to time it perfectly.
- S teleport, appears at higher position: this should settle whether S or HS teleport is affected by the height change (both are).
- Kunai-super, bigger hitbox, slower acceleration timing for 2nd kunai: what magaki said.

Well that's at least a start.  Currently its so useful to frazzle people with (which IMO is my goal as a Chipp player) their reactions are slower and panic quicker - thus making much easier to read.  I love Find Me YRC in general its just a great asset - gamma blade, leaf grab, dash in, tele etc.  To me when I pop find me its like the matchup suddenly changes to our favor, they may be used to Chipp but not an invisible Chipp.  Tactics, AAs, etc they used when fighting Chipp may become useless if they aren't used to punishing Chipp while invisible.

I'd also be interested in what sort of Stagger time can we expect off of 2S, is stagger time calculated by the attack level?  So I can expect our 2S for instance to stagger just as long as Elphelt's 2S (both attack level 2) on CH?  It'd make sense to me since Slayer's command grab has an attack level of 0 (and almost no stagger).

What I hope to see in this patch, or maybe even a later version, is  another ender to his rekkas. Senshu has been there forever and serves only so many uses. Shinkirou is fantastic but I think its about high time that Chipp gets an ender from rekka pressure when he finally lands a hit that either knocks down or puts the enemy in an aerial ukemi mixup. That would contribute to his ground game and actually make his damage a little more consistent vs ending on 2nd rekka and or gambling with the overhead kick to try and squeeze in more damage if they're asleep at the wheel. Iunno, I just feel Xrd Chipp could use a few more tweaks to increase his ability to be scary OUTSIDE of Find Me and even then that while great has some limitations on its own.

Just my 2c.

New round of loketest changes. Lifted from this post in the News thread. Red text means new change, strikethrough means previously implemented change but now removed

View here. (in Japanese)

Removed HS tele height adjustment? =\

edit:

This twitter account translated changes from recent loketest

doesn't seem entirely the same as what the pdf suggests?

Has there been any word on Chipp changes in LocTest3? even minor ones.

Not really. There were some significant changes made for Slayer, Potemkin and Axl for instance that were shared on tweeter by japanese players.
Didn't see anything related to Chipp though so it's safe to assume that, like Elphelt, no changes were made for him during the third loketest.

it is still faster, but the height change was removed during the second loke test. it's the same level as 22S. although, both are slightly higher than before