Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tofma

[XrdS] Sol Badguy Ver1.1 Changes Discussion

Recent tweet from Ho-chan (Stunedge).

Blitz shield against projectile only repel if you are at 0-distance, works against I-no's VCL but not for notes. Sounds fair. #XrdLoketest

Gun Flame oki should be fine. Move along, folks. Nothing to see here.

Recent tweet from Ho-chan (Stunedge).

Gun Flame oki should be fine. Move along, folks. Nothing to see here.

So basically if you're not using a projectile as a projectile, you get rejected. Seems fair to me.

Unlisted Sol changes.

c.S
Hitbox has been increased.

f.S
Now has 90% initial proration.

2HS
Now floats lower on Counter Hit. Untechable time increased.

Gun Flame
Drunkard Shade reflect mannerisms have been altered.
If Sol is hit before the second flame comes out, it disappears.

Bukkirabou ni Nageru
Whiff recovery increased from 35 frames to 45 frames.

(DI) Fafnir
Tumble time increased.
Initial proration increased from 55% to 75%.

P.B.B.
Damage has been increased from 50,70 to 60,100.

Tyrant Rave ver.β
Damage has been increased from 80,60 to 80,70.
R.I.S.C. Level decrease of 19 when both hits connect has been removed. Second hit R.I.S.C. Level reduction increased from 8 to 27.

(DI) Tyrant Rave ver.β
Hitbox on first hit has been increased.

PBB buff is nice I guess. I always felt its damage underwhelming since it ended the combo back into neutral. 2HS anti-air punishes seem like they could be solid. f.S prorate is aww shucks, as well as the WT recovery but nothing to cry about. More DI buffs is always nice too. 

Just tried the 1.1 Sol

Almost feels the same.

CH Fafnir rolling was reduced by 10-15%.

I still managed to score a CH from the beginning of the round and still got the dust loop in the corner.

You can now CH 2HS into BB just like older games.

Didn't get rejected from my GF YRC Oki at all.

Not sure about this stuff:

CH j.D feels similar to +R.

It seems that the jc of j.K got slightly delayed.

Yay, stealth changes, cause we love them, right... at least they're not bad. 90% on f.S kinda sucks, but it doesn't change its utility. I'm worried about WT now, 45 frames is a looong time. Except for that, looks good. Loving the PBB damage increase. Also, I'm glad our GF is not dead.

J

CH j.D feels similar to +R.

I hope this is now as untechable as CH 6p. I hate landing it and not getting a combo because I'm not near the corner.

WT change might be to compensate for the ability to OS it with YRC. Seems like a fair trade.

Yeah, I still feel like an idiot for throwing WT out without OSing or not having 25 meter at all. Still, it's a brilliant move and you're more or less screwed if it whiffs now anyway.

New Sol changes for 2nd loketest:

5P: Initial prorate changed from 80 to 90

5K: Now has initial prorate of 90

5S(f): 90 prorate from first loketest removed/reverted

2HS: Initial prorate removed

Gun Flame: Shortened YRC window from first loketest removed/reverted

Wild Throw: Will now PRC if RC is used during active frame (so OS is gone/weakened)

Going back a little, I think the nerf to Fafnir's tumble had less to do with getting full screen confirms and more to do with getting confirms after a trade, even if the move you traded with knocked Sol down. O_O

I've had that happen a few times, seen it in matches before, and I just don't see it as fair. It's funny though.

First impressions let's go.

5P buff is neat but not too beneficial since you'll probably only use this normal for counter poking which won't lead to a full combo where this change matters, seems like they buffed it for no apparent reason.

5K nerf hurts but if this is the only change I can live with it.

F.S reversion is great, no need to worry about damage reductions from RRC confirms.

2HS is just getting buffed all around, I'm liking this.

GF (YRC) reverted to its current glory is fantastic, no need to adjust block strings due to the change (hope this sticks that way till release).

WT YRC OS removal hurts mostly at high level play but we can live without it.

Overall glad with the current changes we know so far.

Glad to see the 90% on the f.S removed. 5K getting it now hurts, but it's such a good normal, we can live with this. GF back to the way it is rocks and I hope it sticks. The removal of WT YRC option though... this hurts.

Curious if other command grabs are getting that PRC treatment. Also did the startup change to PRC stick around? Thought I recall it being shortened.

So far so good though, I'm just happy if his gameplay/confirms are mostly intact which they still sound to be. Now we wait for day of changes info.

Curious if other command grabs are getting that PRC treatment. Also did the startup change to PRC stick around? Thought I recall it being shortened.

So far so good though, I'm just happy if his gameplay/confirms are mostly intact which they still sound to be. Now we wait for day of changes info.

Yeah, the command grab PRC thing is universal all across the cast. I forgot about the shortened startup of PRC though, makes it a little less useless. Not nearly as good as it is now, but not quite as bad as I though.

The balances changes present in Ver.1.10 are now available on consoles, and from some preliminary testing, it would appear that Sol's changes effectively match those of the second location test.

For those that need reminding:-

5P
Proration: Initial 80% -> Initial 90%

90% initial proration added.

c.S
Hitbox at base expanded vertically.

2HS
Float on Counter Hit greatly reduced. Untechable time increased.
90% initial proration removed.

6HS
NEW: Damage: 50 -> 56

j.D
Untechable time on Counter Hit increased.

Gun Flame (regular)
Behaviour when reflected by Zato’s Drunkard Shade or Leo's Kahn Schild changed.
If Sol is hit before the second flame pillar appears, the flame now disappears.

Kudakero
Hurtbox before descent expanded.
First hit has reduced pushback on block.
85% initial proration added (first hit only).

Kudakero (DI)
NEW: 80% forced proration added (first hit only).

Bukkirabou ni Nageru
Whiff recovery: 35F -> 45F
Roman Cancelling during the active frame on an opponent not in blockstun or hitstun now results in a Purple Roman Cancel.

Riot Stamp (regular)
Damage: 10,30 -> 30,50
75% initial proration added.

Grand Viper (regular)
Easier to increase number of hits with additional inputs.

Fafnir (regular)
NEW: Damage: 50 -> 58
Attack Level: 4 -> 3
Static Difference: +4 -> +2
Tumble time on Counter Hit reduced.

Fafnir (DI)
Tumble time increased.
Proration: Initial 55% -> Initial 75%

P.B.B.
Damage: 50,70 -> 60,100

Tyrant Rave ver.β (regular)
Damage: 80,60 -> 80,70
Once-per-combo R.I.S.C. Level reduction of -19 when both hits connect removed. Second hit R.I.S.C. Level reduction increased from -8 to -27.

Tyrant Rave ver.β (DI)
Hitbox at base expanded inward.

Early impressions, I only had about an hour, but certain things are apparent:

- GOD the WT nerf hurts. The whiff is so long, the animation just looks like Sol's thinking "I'm too old for this shit...".

- Vertical range on c.S is really fun, allows for much easier combos into it from BB etc.

- Mashing out GV is so easy now. Maybe I'll finally stop waking up my girlfriend every time I try to do it when playing at night, haha.

- Reduced block pushback on Kudakero doesn't seem much of a problem yet, maybe I'm yet to come across a time where it will.

- P.B.B. is really fun now. WT to P.B.B. combos are unburstable and actually high-damage now. Sweet.

Overall I think that while we didn't get all that nerfed, we did kinda get the short end of the stick.
We can always be happy we didn't take a hit as hard as Ramlethal, at least.

There are a couple of confirmed new changes, which I've now added to the list in my previous post.

Apparently some stun values have changed according to Karinchu. Fafnir and VV apparently atleast.

He just did CH fafnir 2H j.dd Fafnir c.S 6P 6H VV and then 2k 6p combo and it stunned another Sol (Can't remember it exactly anymore but 2k 6p 5h j.dd fafnir dash GF 6p 6h does the trick atleast). Somewhat sure this didn't happen in 1.04.

Well the damage on Fafnir increased, and stun damage is based around base damage, so it stands to reason. That's why I changed 6HS' stun damage on the wiki from 67 to 75 (6HS' stun damage is 4/3 base damage) and P.B.B.'s from 25,35 to 30,50 (P.B.B.'s stun damage is 1/2 base damage). CH doubles stun damage, and that sequence you posted used multiple Fafnirs and 6HS (which was also buffed), so these changes would be more pronounced.

Fafnir damage buff explains why I see players go for these double Fafnir combos more often now, the increased damage is significant. Raw Fafnir in the corner should lead to anywhere between 175 and 180 damage now, depending on the character. Also boosts his corner throw RC combos, I got one on Ky that does 217.