Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tofma

[XrdS] Sol Badguy Ver1.1 Changes Discussion

I was thinking that too, but it's also a bit later in the game life, everything else is probably mastered and they are just cleaning up the useful but not as important aspects?

I can't imagine another reason people weren't rocking the gunflame after fafnir besides that.

Fafnir damage buff explains why I see players go for these double Fafnir combos more often now, the increased damage is significant. Raw Fafnir in the corner should lead to anywhere between 175 and 180 damage now, depending on the character. Also boosts his corner throw RC combos, I got one on Ky that does 217.

What's your combo for the 217 on Ky? Didn't they increase the RRC proration duration to 6 seconds or something so you can't avoid it by delaying attacks?

I'll have to double check when I get home, but I think it was this:

Throw(RC), neutral jump, land, Fafnir, GF, 5HS -> j.D, j.D, land, Fafnir, dash 5S[c]-6P-6HS -> HSVV

The only part I don't remember clearly is you may have to omit the GF and just dash up 5HS-2HS into the rest of the combo.

It's really similar to the combo I was using:

[corner] Throw (RC) > [7] > Fafnir > GF > 2HS, jc.D, j.D > Fafnir > dash c.S, 6P, 6HS, HSVV > TO [215 dmg]

I find that 2HS is much more lenient than HS at the begining, and it's worth it to sacrifice 2 damage points for more consistent resutls.
Also, the timing of the dash c.S is rather tight (if not done at the exact height and distance from the wall, the HSVV will only hit once and you'll get punished hard), so It might be wise to replace it for a dash K (1 hit) if you don't want to take any risks.

Didn't they increase the RRC proration duration to 6 seconds or something so you can't avoid it by delaying attacks?

Most certainly not, thankfully.

In regards to the above combo, I find that you're at better odds of landing the full combo off 5HS if you dash for the Gun Flame as well (although 5HS will whiff on May or Ramlethal in that case, and the dash Gun Flame will whiff altogether on Elphelt). If makes the D-Loop rep more consistent and ensures that you're as deep in the corner as possible by the time you land the second Fafnir. That being said, many characters still have too thin an airborne hurtbox for air hit 6HS > HS Volcanic Viper to hit them after that much pushback, in which case opting to do a full combo into Kudakero works fine. It only sacrifices about 5 damage.

If you're against a character that you can land a delayed Bandit Bringer on, then going for max damage off that is still stronger if you use the optimal Bandit Bringer, Fafnir, Bandit Bringer route on Sol, Zato, Chipp, Axl, Faust, Bedman and Leo, although of those only Sol and Faust are possible if you're already in the corner by the time of the second Bandit Bringer. (I will be going into detail on this in the character specifics thread later.)

Anyway, changes discussion. Let's discuss changes.

I used to be able to do GF YRC jump in mix up into basic corner combo ( starter, 5HS, JD, JD, Fafnir, dash, 6P, 5HS, JD, Kudakero, ender ), and the next GF would give me just enough meter so that the whole combo + the GF gives me 25% meter. Now it barely gives me 12-13%. What happened? Did the reduce tension gain time after a RC got longer in 1.1?

Back when it was confirmed that Bursting counted as RRC state as opposed to yellow, I wanted to test something, but I was only just in the frame of mind to confirm it.

If an opponent bursts, you can easily RRC on reaction if you keep an eye on the burst meter (which you can do during combos if you've drilled them in enough). Since RRC startup is only 1 frame, and burst startup is 19f (? Are they AC speed or #R speed?), you have 18 frames to react to a burst, as the meter empties the moment the game registers the input.

Now what I wanted to test was if ArcSys would overlook being able to RC non-YRC'able moves in reaction to a burst.

Sure enough, you can RRC VV and GV on reaction to getting bursted. This is a notable point because of:

A): Players' tendencies to burst during the VV ender in a combo. A lot of players seem to want to avoid taking the knockdown, and are used to bursting at this point since the YRC OS pre-patch was null. Now that you can RC during VV, if they go for a burst at the end of your combo and you have 50 meter, you get a reset.

B): Players' tendencies to burst during the end of GV, intentionally having their burst whiff and getting a punish. If you have 50 meter, again, you can RC against the burst and get a reset, or if you're in the air and you've already passed the burst, you can at least kind of save yourself on the fall.

This is something I've been wanting since I started playing Guilty (I began with AC), as there were countless times I would try to RC GV on reaction to a burst, but the game wouldn't allow it as once the burst started, the active window of GV was not making contact, and thus could not be RC'd.

In other words, fuck 'em up.

Back when it was confirmed that Bursting counted as RRC state as opposed to yellow, I wanted to test something, but I was only just in the frame of mind to confirm it.

If an opponent bursts, you can easily RRC on reaction if you keep an eye on the burst meter (which you can do during combos if you've drilled them in enough). Since RRC startup is only 1 frame, and burst startup is 19f (? Are they AC speed or #R speed?), you have 18 frames to react to a burst, as the meter empties the moment the game registers the input.

Now what I wanted to test was if ArcSys would overlook being able to RC non-YRC'able moves in reaction to a burst.

Sure enough, you can RRC VV and GV on reaction to getting bursted. This is a notable point because of:

A): Players' tendencies to burst during the VV ender in a combo. A lot of players seem to want to avoid taking the knockdown, and are used to bursting at this point since the YRC OS pre-patch was null. Now that you can RC during VV, if they go for a burst at the end of your combo and you have 50 meter, you get a reset.

B): Players' tendencies to burst during the end of GV, intentionally having their burst whiff and getting a punish. If you have 50 meter, again, you can RC against the burst and get a reset, or if you're in the air and you've already passed the burst, you can at least kind of save yourself on the fall.

This is something I've been wanting since I started playing Guilty (I began with AC), as there were countless times I would try to RC GV on reaction to a burst, but the game wouldn't allow it as once the burst started, the active window of GV was not making contact, and thus could not be RC'd.

In other words, fuck 'em up.

Remember, RRC is invincible on frame 1, so RRC on reaction to burst will never get hit by the burst.

Remember, RRC is invincible on frame 1, so RRC on reaction to burst will never get hit by the burst.

This is false. All RCs have their invul the frame before screen freeze and the frame after, after startup

Also what was increased was tension pulse cool down after RCs

I used to be able to do GF YRC jump in mix up into basic corner combo ( starter, 5HS, JD, JD, Fafnir, dash, 6P, 5HS, JD, Kudakero, ender ), and the next GF would give me just enough meter so that the whole combo + the GF gives me 25% meter. Now it barely gives me 12-13%. What happened? Did the reduce tension gain time after a RC got longer in 1.1?

Also what was increased was tension pulse cool down after RCs

As stated above, the Tension Gain cooldown on Roman Cancels was increased. From 4 seconds to 6 seconds, if I remember correctly.

Thanks. I guess learning the longest combo on every character is gonna be mandatory now. And decide if you want to go for more damage/more meter combo.

Yeah, one good combo, next mixup will stun pretty much 100% of the time. It's insanely strong and makes his offense even scarier because of the implication.

I've also been getting a lot of dizzies lately. It feels very rewarding to blast a third of someone's HP with a combo and get a dizzy after a successful mixup. Leads to plenty of perfects or insane comebacks.

I also love love love the P.B.B. damage increase so much over the last few weeks. While DI is still the same against more... button-friendly players (that is - wait for them to press something dumb and do GV, VV or BB), it really shines against respectful opponents. The combination threat of a long "reach" air throw, grounded throw and insanely advantageous normals together have proven to be tide-turner for me more than once. Harassing the opponent with normals until they're either out of meter because of FD or on high RISC, getting in their face with Bukkirabou ni Nageru and just going j.D>P.B.B.>RC>P.B.B. to watch the unburstable (or Burst-throwing!) salt flow.