Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaiAndOh

Venom 1.1 Changelist/Discussion/Video thread

I think I'm really missing something (just picked up Venom in this version). What's the difference between the balls beside the position?

I mean, isn't putting Pbal in the K position is equivalent to just putting the K ball in the first place?

Edit. I understood it as 214K, 214K~P will give you the same result as 214K,214P

There's basically two theories as to how this new ball thing works. Three I guess if you count what you just described:

1) 214K~[P] = Set K ball, then set P ball.

2) 214K~[P] = Set K ball, then K ball moves to where it would be if you then set a P ball (but you don't actually need to set it).

3) 214K~[P] = Set K ball but it just becomes P ball, i.e. exactly the same as just setting P ball.

As you're probably aware, ball sets follow a formation based on the last ball set, so each ball ends up in a different place than if you just set it by itself, i.e. doing K > P sets sends the K ball very very close to the ground, when it's normally up above Venom's head if you just set it by itself. It's possible that this new change means that doing 214K~[P] would result in setting only the K ball but having it go straight to the ground even without the P set.

The lower P ball, presumably so that it can be hit by 2S, has been on my mind a lot, good to hear haha. I really hope that it is indeed low enough for 2S. That BS change though, well hopefully there's enough complaints about it, hahaha.

What is this blitz shield change?

Projectiles blitzed in close proximity will trigger the reel animation on the character. No idea how far that range is for the trigger though.

The lower P ball, presumably so that it can be hit by 2S, has been on my mind a lot, good to hear haha. I really hope that it is indeed low enough for 2S. That BS change though, well hopefully there's enough complaints about it, hahaha.

If you try to 2S a P Ball and fail....welll 2S couldn't come closer without missing (considering it hits balls as low to the ground as possible now, something I forget in matches with D ball not a thing anymore)

Do we have any idea when the loctests begin or how soon we can expect footage of 1.1?

2/5-2/8 (so first Japanese tweets/posts will be coming in tonight). Footage is forbidden, but you know someone's gonna get something...

Other Japanese players are reporting that it only works if you're within ~normal throw range. Ky charge stun edge oki still works, so Venom should be fine.

Yup. Praise be everyone \o/

Semi Relevant: Millia and Elphelt have air hurtbox changes. Elphelt was easy for Venom to combo I feel, but that Millia change might mean in terms of standing bnb, only Sol and Faust so far need different timing (and Faust I think got ground hurtbox adjustments? air wouldn't be out of the question)

Double posting the translation of earlier tweet thanks to Stunedge.

- 6P, lasts 3F->4F (not complaining)

- 6HS, changed ball’s path when hit (maybe it's like AC/XX games)

- J236HS, last hit dmg 15->25 (If this affects your match, good shit?)

Wonder if the ball setup works for QV as well. If so, it could be possible to ender in corner with qvp, k ball setup on almost all chars( theoratically speaking).

And hope lower p ball can be hit by 2S because that would be the old lockon system. Making ball setups more deadly with craid setups and re summon follow ups.

Was crossing fingers for the ability to hold carcass for charge or and cancellation of stinger aim/cr. Truly stinger aim cancel was one of the most solid things venom can have.

Double posting the translation of earlier tweet thanks to Stunedge.

- 6P, lasts 3F->4F (not complaining)

- 6HS, changed ball’s path when hit (maybe it's like AC/XX games)

- J236HS, last hit dmg 15->25 (If this affects your match, good shit?)

Im okay with this.

I saw that Ram and Millia got nerfed with bigger hurtboxes in the air. Do we know if Sin's crouching hurtbox got normalized so our clS hits him twice like everyone else?

Edit: Projectile Blitz only triggers at throw range eh? Praise be indeed.

2) 214K~[P] = Set K ball, then K ball moves to where it would be if you then set a P ball (but you don't actually need to set it).

As you're probably aware, ball sets follow a formation based on the last ball set, so each ball ends up in a different place than if you just set it by itself, i.e. doing K > P sets sends the K ball very very close to the ground, when it's normally up above Venom's head if you just set it by itself. It's possible that this new change means that doing 214K~[P] would result in setting only the K ball but having it go straight to the ground even without the P set.

Oh, so if I do 214K~[P] and than 214S I will get the same formation as 214K -> 214S. But as standalone I will have the ball in K position. 

Thanks!

Oh, so if I do 214K~[P] and than 214S I will get the same formation as 214K -> 214S. But as standalone I will have the ball in K position. 

Thanks!

This is not how it works.

https://twitter.com/kamego_13/status/563262942485819393

I think it's pretty much frame perfect ball setting according to this? Something about setting multiple balls.

Damn, so the ball set change only auto sets a followup? That's disappointing. I was kind of excited to see what kind of versatility he could get out of pattern changes. This change is still nice, but it's not like the 214X x N had a hard buffer window to begin with.

Did i read it right? Qv has less pushback if blocked? Blitz working against dark angel?

Is venom kill? What are the chances that lok test changes are final?

I like this change too, I never got into Venom in AC because he was just too damn hard, more things to aid consistent execution and never miss timing are welcome from me. I hate inputting set too early and messing up my whole setplay strategy.

Did i read it right? Qv has less pushback if blocked? Blitz working against dark angel?

Blitz Shield does not work against any overdrives including Dark Angel, no idea where you read that from.

I thought QV had less pushback on hit, not block? And blitz only repels Venom's projectiles at throw range. Dark angel shenanigans should be fine as long as you aren't up in their face when it can be blitzed.

EDIT: blitz doesn't work on overdrives? Neato. I didn't know that.

I like that idea more to be honest. All he needs now is automatic QV > regular set and he'll be autopilot as fuck.

lol no.

Like Eshi said, you can't blitz ODs so Dark Angel isn't affected (and is usually done outside of throw range).

We don't know. Venom is not kill.

Thank you for not cursing this character Eshi. Praise be Team Red, who overcomes the curse of Eshi despite Venom being low tier 2/5 of the XX games \o/

I just realized that being able to hold for auto ball set means we can do 2-ball set > Stinger hit instantly without any dowtime in between. Might lead to some interesting shenanigans.

I just realized that being able to hold for auto ball set means we can do 2-ball set > Stinger hit instantly without any dowtime in between. Might lead to some interesting shenanigans.

Wow that is a great point. We may be able to instantly use Carcass Raid after the double set as well! That's really nice!!

Wow that is a great point. We may be able to instantly use Carcass Raid after the double set as well! That's really nice!!

Especially with the buff to Stinger aim/Carcass raiding projectiles to increase the projectile level.