Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaiAndOh

Venom 1.1 Changelist/Discussion/Video thread

Maybe the vertical range on the third hit was adjusted to make it easier to land after a high airthrow? (maybe) Though it would be nice if all three hits had improved vertical reach so that it's easier to connect c.S after a shallow 6P.

It already reaches really high regarding air throws already, but maybe I feel that way because you could never get it in the older versions of GG unless you were far closer to the ground.

Maybe it's to help with using it for AA purposes. I've had a hard time beating out Chipp's aerials immediately after a high teleport.

Looks like blitz is staying this way.

venom really is kill

PQV now has same range as the rest

Wat!? It didn't used to!?

Yeah, each version of QV has a different starting distance and therefor the range of the hit is different. Starting with PQV being the closest and ending with HSQV as the furthest. It's kind of minor but it'll make a difference in some situations.

Maybe it's to help with using it for AA purposes. I've had a hard time beating out Chipp's aerials immediately after a high teleport.

Here's to hoping. Maybe Fino will join us in twitch chat during the JP Lobby Biscuits is hosting with any luck lol.

Looks like blitz is staying this way.

venom really is kill

Nope.

I'll be damned even with Blitz like that if he's relatively worse than +R given all the other nice things.

Here's to hoping. Maybe Fino will join us in twitch chat during the JP Lobby Biscuits is hosting with any luck lol.

Yassss... plz get him lol

Fino confirmed that clS is now a crazy good AA. Despite that Blitz fucks with a lot of Venom's oki he seems super happy about him in both loctests. He keeps saying he's fun.

Is the supposed March release date only for arcade only or will console come out around then too?

close slash was already a really good anti-air, it's gonna be elphelt tier after these buffs. sick. 

Does anyone know what "アンケ書く" means? Trying to translate Fino's tweet here: https://twitter.com/fino_077/status/566473561171165185

The first bullet appears to say that the new ball set input (I assume holding a button after 214X) is really slow, sounds like it's bad. 

c.S is an ok AA. Before it was a great AA. Could be a nice future (Again not final).

Not sure if he says the set method is slow, maybe he just wants the command he's used to back?

I'm expecting a bunch of new venom players to start popping up after 1.1 lol. Its coming in march right? I can't wait. I went back to the arcade and played normal xrd. Its so unresponsive overall. Basically how its always felt. 1.1 feels like butter.

It's possible. I dunno, I get the feeling it's going to be like the console release of Xrd: a whole bunch of people start playing Venom, and then they figure "nah" and drop him.

He's always a hard to use character, and very rarely (if ever?) top tier. Just usually solid mid to high-ish tier (+R being an exception). He's also a character with bad/no reversal options in a rushdown heavy game. I could be wrong though! It'd be nice to see a lot more new blood on this forum.

While I respect Karl probably knows the habits of Japanese arcade goers better than I probably ever will, my main counterpoint is that the console characters are also coming to arcade.

Also Venom players didn't pop up in AC when he was great either, nor in Xrd which is one of the easier versions. But Ruu told me some potential Venom players in arcade dropped him because of the harder combos, and having training mode may have fixed that? Eh we'll see.

As far as notable brand new Xrd Venom players, Sanma I think played GG before but not Venom, not fully sure, and 310 is new to GG with Xrd.

I saw Sanma play Slayer in a few videos. Not sure which way he switched, I'm assuming he went Slayer to Venom? Maybe he plays both, though. I haven't seen 310 so far.

Related: Anyone seen recent Isamu videos? I see a lot of Fino and Sanma but I haven't seen new Isamu stuff for a couple of months, tbh.

Not related to 1.1 but w/e. When it drops in 3 weeks or so I'll probably just clean it up in a new thread so we can discuss what's finalized.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8281-xrd-venom-video-thread/page-3#entry894652

Isamu's also 18 Dan last I checked in arcade.

I just expect to see more than 1 venom every 10 days. Lol. Easy direct chars will always be more popular I think. But actually venom vs venom matchups aren't very fun to me lol.

I tweeted to Fino and he listed some stuff out (had some translation assistance).

https://twitter.com/fino_077/with_replies

Dark Angel is now test 1 status (34 hits)

You can go into ball summons the old way as well (manually cancelling into each other).

You can now gain meter during Bishop Run Out (slowly)

He also lists 2 combos with Bishop Run Out I have to say sounds....quite something....I'd have to see their damage or if it disables burst (for hitting with overdrive constantly).

He also says this looks like an extremely fun version of him.

Double posting for clarifications:

Dark Angel may only be 34 hits on the first use in addition to while Venom is in Hellfire (ok?)

Fino feels that the changes make Venom really fun, but with changes to Blitz Shield, he can't evaluate Venom's overall strength.

They never gave out a concise list of changes for this one, huh? Kind of sucks but barring what Fino told you I doubt much else has changed.

Sounds like blitz is still an issue which scares me a little. I won't know what to think until we get some clean footage though.

They're blitzing the projectile to put you in rejection this version, since the projectile can be blocked high or low, it doesn't matter.

I tweeted to Fino and he listed some stuff out (had some translation assistance).

You can now gain meter during Bishop Run Out (slowly)

He also lists 2 combos with Bishop Run Out I have to say sounds....quite something....I'd have to see their damage or if it disables burst (for hitting with overdrive constantly).

He also says this looks like an extremely fun version of him.

Yaassssss...

Does anyone know if we would still get rejected if we are blocking when the opponent blitz the projectile?

That's what I wanna know.  Otherwise even a multi-ball setup that meaties from too far away to be rejected could reject us if we run in and they blitz multiple times.