Kazuki Slice

[Xrd 1.1] Ky Kiske Loketest Changes

Use this thread to discuss Ky changes in 1.1 loketests. 1st post will be updated as info arises. (Thanks to Sytha, SoWL, and Stunedge for translations)

PLEASE NOTE THESE ARE LOCATION TEST CHANGES AND ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE IN THE FINAL BUILD

Ky Changes:

- Stunedge: 90% Initial proration added and YRC window increased

- Stun Dipper: 90% Initial proration added

- Split Ciel: Attack level increased from 2 to 4

- Sacred Edge: start up changed to 4+3 from 5+3; Projectile comes out even if you YRC right after the start-up; No longer reflected by Zato's Drunkard Shade.
- 5HS: staggers on counter hit

- 2HS: 90% Initial proration added

- 6HS: 2nd hit's active frames increased from 1F->2F; Recovery decreased from 3F->2F; RISC value increased from 10->20

- Throw: RISC value on 2nd hit decreased from 8->6

- Air Stun Edge: Damage increase from 33->43; Staggers on counter hit

- Ride the Lightning: Blows back farther on otg hit.

System Changes:

- The input buffer for button presses, forward dash etc. has been increased.
- Some commands for specials and supers are now easier to input.
- If you Blitz Shield a projectile and the opponent is nearby, they get repelled.
- The start-up of purple Roman Cancel is reduced.
- When the opponent uses Roman Cancel during a blue Psyche Burst's start-up, a red Roman Cancel is now performed.
- Changed the behavior of neutral ukemi at low altitude.

Edited by Kazuki Slice

Just so nobody brings it up again, Ho-chan tweeted that 2D -> CSE okizeme is still possible even with projectile blitz. Obviously nobody knows all of the specifics at this point, but this much we can safely say.

The proration hurts him, but everything else really seams strong. SC especially being so good for block strings now. Also, not sure 6H really needed the buff but hell, I'll take that too. The air stun edge and HS stagger, very nice as well for more combo confirm. The only thing that concerns me is the new antifireball blitz but I really don't think Ky will be affected that much.

Anti projectile blitz and slightly bigger input leniency for stuff like reversal blitz remember... The 6H buff is nice but seems more balanced now that reversals are slightly easier. I'm pretty sure I saw someone post something about a Japanese player mentioning that it was super easy to mash blitz now.

I hope not even that. I like using j.d on oki, especially after a clean hit knockdown on RTL since you're usually right next to them. I would imagine being airborne above them would prevent getting rejected, but we'll see.

With the "less pushback on Split Ciel on hit" change i hope we can do (5K - c.S - 6K - Split Ciel - 2D - Stun Edge Charged (enhanced)) in everyone anywhere in the screen now. This'd be one hell of a buff to compensate the easier blitz against 6HS.

Nope. That's 623S which on CH has always done that. Both VTs are exactly the same. They didn't change anything about them. Anything you see with them including the run momentum 623H>midscreen conversion is possible in 1.0

as far as I can tell the following changes are in.

90% prorate on 2H

90% prorate on stun dipper

85% prorate on all versions of Stun Edge

Attack level lowered on Airstun edge (It's like +5 now?)

Ky's throw isn't glitched to have a phantom 3rd GB- so he gets better throw RC damage and comboes become untechable later on.

Sacred Edge is faster start up, has the intial hitbox extended and can't be reflected by Zato anymore.

Air RtL is supposedly a lot faster now too. Haven't seen it much yet.

It's pretty much almost all nerfs. Ky will likely be better anyway tho because Elphelt and Ramlethal got hit hard and he kinda struggles with them. He's better simply because other people are worse in ways that benefit Ky despite getting almost nothing but nerfs.

Ky's already a pretty damn strong character in this version, who just had bad matchups mostly due to characters that have silly tools. I don't think he needs that much adjustments in my opinion.

My only wishlist for him is to get back AC/ACR greed sever cross up bounce effect on hit again, AC/ACR 5hs hitbox, I'm already happy he has 5hs CH stagger again. Makes mashing against him scarier now. Also we got easier YRC stun edge, that's a huge plus.