Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CT] Iron Tager Complete Guide

720 whiff 720 is all the tricks you need to know. shit WORKS. did it twice last night vs my friends tao. he was like :vbang:

OK, there were some big errors in the guide, but I got most of them fixed.

And yes, apparently the Sledge -> 360 combo is, in fact, invalid. Sorry!

EDIT: I should be getting the game tomorrow, so I'll double-check everything. Should smooth out a couple more problems...

Anyways, in the mean time, I need more combos. Namely, those after a CH 2C and Sledge follow-ups.

Throw, Sledge(B), C -> 6B xx Heat, F <-- Does this actually work? Didn't think you would be able to combo into a 6B since it's so slow. Sure this isn't supposed to be 6A? And you won't really get much of a followup either .... maybe 2D or a reset at best? Also, off CH 236B or 2D you can do a ground string 6A 2C Collider > F. You might want to stick with 'Collider' and not 'Heat' since that might confuse people too. :I

It works, actually if you do 6A instead of 6B the 623C will be a black beat, and there's no guaranteed followup unless you have the shot ready.

You might want to stick with 'Collider' and not 'Heat' since that might confuse people too. :I

I agree. I was kinda confused because I was like "heat=heat knuckle" and then I was like "wait the supers in this game are called heat...does that mean I'm supposed to do electric super?" lol

I love this guide, but my only question is about his match ups. He only gets those 4's, 3's, and etc, becasue of ground speed? Is that the main problem with tager? Or is his lack of a soild pressure game?

From what I've heard, the main reason that Tager's current matchups are so poor is that he has a lot of diffiulty getting close to an opponent. On a side note, I've made a few corrections and I've added a paragraph on executing 360 and 720 motions. Hope it helps!

His tools are pretty weak overall. No real good AA, his backdash is not that great, his 360s have a LOT of startup. He pretty much has to have magnetism on to get things rolling. 720 is kind of prohibitive because you need to buffer for it. His normals are slow and have poor hitboxes.

His tools are pretty weak overall. No real good AA, his backdash is not that great, his 360s have a LOT of startup. He pretty much has to have magnetism on to get things rolling. 720 is kind of prohibitive because you need to buffer for it. His normals are slow and have poor hitboxes.

I agree, anti air is a huge problem. So far I've had most success with 5C as anti air. to deal with people who go really high (too high for 5C) I've started trying to jC counterhit them...seems like an ok air to air move

I'd be interested to know what moves are helping others with anti air.

also this part of the guide should be changed I believe lol

j.2C Tager does an elbow drop with a full-body hitbox. Has a lot of startup, but recovers pretty quickly and can combo into stuff. When done immediately before landing, it functions as an instant overhead.

lol? even if you do it immediately upon leaving the ground (which is probably what you meant) it isn't too hard to react to i'd think

From what I've heard, the main reason that Tager's current matchups are so poor is that he has a lot of diffiulty getting close to an opponent.

On a side note, I've made a few corrections and I've added a paragraph on executing 360 and 720 motions. Hope it helps!

Well, that's why we have the most life in the game. just keep rushing'em until they give you what you want.

lol? even if you do it immediately upon leaving the ground (which is probably what you meant) it isn't too hard to react to i'd think

No, I meant what I had. "Instant overhead" means that the move has no startup :eng101:.

No, I meant what I had. "Instant overhead" means that the move has no startup :eng101:.

you hit them with it even before you press the button?!

Added some matchup data from Mike Z's thread. Sorry I have to copy-paste everything from everyone else; come tomorrow, I'll make sure to reword everything after testing it.

Instant Overhead meaning it's an overhead that comes out much faster than would be expected. j.2C isn't an instant overhead though, that's more of an Air-To-Ground high/low mixup. They expect you to land and do a low or throw but instead you do a high move. Instant overhead would be like fuzzy guard or a fast TK move that hits high or some such. 2C is kind of ... eeehhh for AA. It doesn't have a great hitbox but if you CH you can often get it in your favor.

OK, I've tweaked those two moves for clarity. Now everyone wins, just like a good ol' Soviet should! :vbang: Goodness, I'm so excited for this! I hope it shows up before I go to work! :toot::toot::toot:

yes sorry i dont like it when half the cast counter matches my character very hard

Wel thats a damn shame. Dibs on Pink Tager.

There needs to be a Tager vs Tager match up Story Aside from win and lose against everybody, if you distortion finish Bang, the story has a weird ending. I don't want to spoil it though

YEEESSSSSS!!! :yaaay: :yaaay: :yaaay: :yaaay: It's finally here!!! Celebration aside, I'm going to rework the entire guide and post it all at once. Don't expect too many changes, I'll probably just end up adding personal thoughts and adding what is missing.

Another solid few to add: These only work on crouching but 6B is an overhead anyway: 6B 6C Collider, 6C D 6B 6C Collider, 236B+263A RC, 236B, 2C Collider Ground loop on crouching, real close: 6B 236A, 2A C 6A 236A, 2A C 6A (3C/6B/Volt/360B) - Setup into ground loop. Finish with 3C for knockdown, 6B if you want to reset (oh shit), or Volt if you desperately need magnetism, or 360B if you want to mixup into throw. These work any time but you need to be real close for the second 6B to hit. Just skip it if you aren't sure: (6B) 6B 236A+236A RC, 236B, C 6B Collider - For Damage (6B) 6B 236A+236A RC, 236B, C D - For magnetism With Volt Spark: (6B) 6B 41236D, C Collider, 6C D - Lot of magnetism, just omit the first 6B if you aren't that close, but it's good to hit confirm. I'm sure there are better combos off 6B but there are some starter ones.