Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CT] Iron Tager Complete Guide

What's the full combo for that? Only one I know is... 6B 6C > j.2C, 2B 2C Collider, and you don't get any Magnetism for that and the damage isn't super great. The first set is good because they work at most any distance. The ground loop is good because it gives you a ton of chances to mixup/reset into a throw or another 6B. Third set works on non-crouchers (ie when you can't do 6B 6D anyway).

If this combo was on here, then I apologize. I like to do a 6C into Collider, then another 6C (well, it would be 4C since they turn) and then D (or 2D if they're not magnetized.) That'd be 6C, Collider, 4C, 2D

I've more or less decided to remove the combos section in this guide and place them in their own thread. Then, in their place, I would include combo theory (proration data, cancels, links, etc.) and a link to the combo thread. I've got it all typed up, but before I post it, what do you guys think?

This may be totally useless, but I've found that you can combo a normal throw into a Magna-Tech Wheel. I haven't thoroughly tested it, just something I noticed in training mode. Er....hope that helps? :v:

Ive been having problems comboing into Collider. Whenever I do magnetized combos, the opponent just tends to fly around me and air recover, or ill normal combo and They'll just recover during the collider animation. I guess i must not be inputting collider fast enough. Its pretty frustrating, cause that the basis of Tager's combo game, and if i cant get that right, well then horse.

Ive been having problems comboing into Collider. Whenever I do magnetized combos, the opponent just tends to fly around me and air recover, or ill normal combo and They'll just recover during the collider animation. I guess i must not be inputting collider fast enough. Its pretty frustrating, cause that the basis of Tager's combo game, and if i cant get that right, well then horse.

I was having this problem too. It just dawned on me today. You can't hold down C because the grab portion of the move wont trigger. Example being 2C->623C. If you hold the C, you won't make the grab. But if you 623C and let go of the button, it will grab. So if you know they are in range for the grab, let go of C and initiate tagar rape.

Edit: Maybe that should be put in the portion about the move to help avoid confusion.

Something else I was wondering....should Tagar make liberal use of counter assaults (forward+A+B while blocking), or is it better to just learn to rely on instant block? Easier said than done, of course.

I was having this problem too. It just dawned on me today. You can't hold down C because the grab portion of the move wont trigger. Example being 2C->623C. If you hold the C, you won't make the grab. But if you 623C and let go of the button, it will grab. So if you know they are in range for the grab, let go of C and initiate tagar rape.

Edit: Maybe that should be put in the portion about the move to help avoid confusion.

Yea, after i posted i turned the game on and my finger slipped when doing collider, and it grabbed. Then it hit me. BOY DO I LOOK LIKE A DUNCE! Also, I would rely on IB more, BUILD THAT METER BABAY! But, seriously if need be, do the counter, theyll get off your nuts long enough for you to do something cute.

I.E. CA > 720 lol

Something else I was wondering....should Tagar make liberal use of counter assaults (forward+A+B while blocking), or is it better to just learn to rely on instant block? Easier said than done, of course.

even if you don't instant block there are a lot of holes in strings where you can do backdash, 360A, sledge (if you predict projectile attack of course), or either super. personally I haven't used the counter assault hardly at all. does it really do zero damage? cause that's a big turn off for me

Instant Block, 720. That's ideally a much better solution than CA, but of course you gotta be really good at 720s.

I've more or less decided to remove the combos section in this guide and place them in their own thread. Then, in their place, I would include combo theory (proration data, cancels, links, etc.) and a link to the combo thread.

I've got it all typed up, but before I post it, what do you guys think?

Leave them in here. If nothing else, move them to a different post, that'll help keep things organized.

Found something about fighting Hakumens. Stuff his attacks with 5a into grab into pain. Seems simple, but effective. Also, be wary of his jump-in, its comboable if it lands, you need to be patient and use 5a to stuff everything.

Found something about fighting Hakumens.

Stuff his attacks with 5a into grab into pain. Seems simple, but effective. Also, be wary of his jump-in, its comboable if it lands, you need to be patient and use 5a to stuff everything.

That's the only way I've been able to fight Hakumen. His main way to get in seems to be air dashing in and attacking. A simple backstep into 360A should stop him if he tries to attack upon landing.

But yeah, 5A seems to stop a lot up close.

What are good round openers with Tager? I often find myself getting counter hit out of everything but 5C (or Sledge, if I'm fighting Noel/Arakune/Rachel/v-13)

What are good round openers with Tager? I often find myself getting counter hit out of everything but 5C (or Sledge, if I'm fighting Noel/Arakune/Rachel/v-13)

I usually try to be cute and Collider. Another this I like to do is 5d, or 5a, just try to stuff what they're gonna do.

OK guys, I've been a little off-the-ball lately, but tomorrow I'm going to put a lot of work into this guide. Expect to see combos and/or follow-ups for almost every scenario, as well as more move-data and a re-writing of pretty much everything I've copy-pasted, along with more character match-up info. :sweatdrop:

OK guys, I've been a little off-the-ball lately, but tomorrow I'm going to put a lot of work into this guide. Expect to see combos and/or follow-ups for almost every scenario, as well as more move-data and a re-writing of pretty much everything I've copy-pasted, along with more character match-up info.

:sweatdrop:

:yaaay:

Not an important question to include in this guide, but I was wondering how (in a casual match) one might use his AH? Some of the AHs in this game are comboable, but unfortunately this one triggers a RC if you try to combo it. Can you delay long enough after the stagger from a CH Sledge B to "combo" it? Any other ideas?

What's (CH), (A), and (B) mean? I see it after a couple of the moves on the combo list (i.e 'Sledge(A)'). Im new to the 2D Fighters scene so I dont know jack crap :'D Thanks.

Check the guides before diving into the combo thread dog. CH = Counter hit A= weak b=medium c=strong D=drive thats all you get, GO LOOK FOR THE REST YO SELF!

Sorry if this was posted but I didn't see an air throw combo posted yet. Apparently the air throw has terrible damage scaling so I'd advise not burning your shot or supers comboing from it. air throw > land 2B2C 623C > walk 6C5D (confirmed vs jin/ragna/v13/arakune/noel/tager/litchi) vs taokaka the 5D ender misses. do 2D or walk 6C 623C if you feel pr0 vs haku the 2C misses. you can do 2B5B shot if you want or just 2B shot... vs Carl/Bang/Rachel you can't even do 2B5B much less 2B2C. you can do 2B shot if you are desperate on him but he'll be so high up that you can't connect anything other than a jump attack or a super (which will do miserable damage)

I tested the basic air throw combo(s) on all the characters and edited into the post. and yeah I dunno. Tager gets like 2 or 3 times as much damage off his normal throw as off his air throw for some reason. if you try it you'll see it does terrible damage even if you burn all your super meter on an air throw combo decided to look into air throw combos since I started using it yesterday as "anti-air" of sorts. obviously I'm pretty desperate :vbang:. 5D is actually an ok anti air if you've got them magnetized

Would like a detailed guide on using XYH. It's the only move I rarely use as I usually just IB projectiles at full screen to get super meter otherwise I'm Sledge B'ing their face. I haven't found a way to predict/force bursts yet but that seems more like something you can do with a rush character or when you're playing the same person a lot. I'm starting to get into the Shot combos now so I need a way to get access to them earlier. Should I just get used to activating it every time I finish a BnB Collider combo that ends in 5D? Can you use it on nearly any jump-in and punish with a command throw/720?

Thanks to this thread, I have a nearly unstoppable Tager. (Well, maybe he's not too shabby). It made destroying people at AnimeExpo so viciously fun. Nothing beats connecting 720's during a tech and securing victory once opponent is magnetized. I'm debating maining Tager now instead of Arakune. (Although I needed to take a break and get some Dudley 3s action going. Look forward to seeing some of you again at AX next year. The competition was definitely fierce there.)