Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CT] Iron Tager Complete Guide

Does anyone have an alternate source of frame data? The notes on the frame data provided don't list how much invulnerability the spinny super follow up has. I used it (accidently) to bait an attack from hakumen, and punched him right through it. I imagine he was quite pissed, because he Totally had me that round. I was just wondering how mush the punch can go through if I whiff my spinny super like an idiot.

Airthrow, then as soon as you recover air 2C, 2B->2C xx Collider etc should work on everyone... Edit: Frame data (note 25) does have that info for Terra Break in it: Invincible until super freeze, and the startup is 9+25 (meaning 9f before the freeze, 25 after) so it's invincible for the first 9 frames.

Airthrow, then as soon as you recover air 2C, 2B->2C xx Collider etc should work on everyone...

Edit: Frame data (note 25) does have that info for Terra Break in it: Invincible until super freeze, and the startup is 9+25 (meaning 9f before the freeze, 25 after) so it's invincible for the first 9 frames.

Thanks, my puny brain was defeated by the out of order numbers>.>

Edit: Air throw, falling 2C, 2B, 2C definitely whiffs on some people. Unless my execution is bad it whiffs on Carl, Hakumen, Rachel and Bang.

Also I have yet to find a way to combo carl after an air throw.

I'm have success with Air throw, falling B, 5C, 623C, 6C D. It works on Ragna, Arakune, Hakumen, and Jin. with Rachel you do falling 5C instead. 5D whiffs on Tao of course. Bang or Tager Can be combo'd but this, but the time is really really strict. This combo whiffs on the characters that are flat on the ground. Carl, litchi, Noel, and Nu.

Another downside is that you need to be higher up for the falling B to come out, but it does more damage than the combo Mike Z posted and has magnetism. (Edit:edit, the extra damage is only like 40 points)

Mike Z: the j2C2B connects but the 2C still misses against carl, hakumen etc (unless I'm failing miserably which is always possible)

Mike Z:

the j2C2B connects but the 2C still misses against carl, hakumen etc (unless I'm failing miserably which is always possible)

Against Haku-Men... my airthrow combo is:

jBC, landing jB, 5CxxCollider

I can't get the jC to come out after the jB. if I do that I get 5C because I've landed (though it combos). I have no idea how you'd do two jBs in the same combo

I can't get the jC to come out after the jB. if I do that I get 5C because I've landed (though it combos). I have no idea how you'd do two jBs in the same combo

He uses J.BC to represent the air throw, then he does a falling, Jb, then lands and does 5C like in my edit.

oh...didn't realize that meant press A and B at same time. if it was jA+B I wouldn't have gotten confused

Is there anything combo-able out of a backwards throw? I find that sometimes I accidentally throw opponents backwards because I'm still in blocking mode when I grab them. I can't seem to combo anything out of it, and that just makes it feel like a wasted opportunity. Maybe it's something really obvious, and if it's been pointed out in this thread already, I apologize (though I don't recall seeing it).

you can cancel the grab to 623C or 236B regardless of front or back throw into the same combo(s)

Is there anything combo-able out of a backwards throw? I find that sometimes I accidentally throw opponents backwards because I'm still in blocking mode when I grab them. I can't seem to combo anything out of it, and that just makes it feel like a wasted opportunity.

Maybe it's something really obvious, and if it's been pointed out in this thread already, I apologize (though I don't recall seeing it).

Yeah; out of a throw (back or otherwise), I usually do either:

Throw xx Collider, 6C xx Shot, C xx Collider, 6C -> D xx Charge

or, if I don't have full energy:

Throw xx Collider, 6C ->D xx Charge

Well, I've noticed that a collider after a throw doesn't work on every character (Taokaka comes to mind) because they don't seem to bounce high enough, though maybe I'm thinking of forward throws and backward throws work, I can't remember. I've tried backthrow -> 236B a number of times, and I can never get it to connect because the dummy always recovers right before it hits. Is my timing just bad?

Osuna: no idea, feel free to make a topic for it. Church: throws CANCEL to specials. do the special way before you think it will let you

Church: throws CANCEL to specials. do the special way before you think it will let you

Ah ha ha, you are correct sir! (RIP Ed McMahon) I was simply doing them too late.

While I'm at it, are there any good combo openers besides throwing and 360s that don't depend on counter hits? I've noticed that sledge(B) -> 6A works pretty well, but I think they have time to wiggle out of before the 6A if it's not a counter hit. I remember seeing in the combo list that A->B->shot works, but of course, you don't always have a full charge bar.

I realize that sounds like a whiny question ("Hay guyz, how do I do superfast combos with Tager?"), but I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on anything. :v:

Here's an important string:

(A -> 2A ->) 2B -> 2C xx Collider

Since Atomic Collider is the basis of pretty much all of his combos, you can get a lot out of this from just a simple poke.

except that A doesn't combo to 2B unless it's crouch hit iirc. sometimes I do 5C 236A236A RC > 5C 623C blah

Yeah, I'm trying to avoid all the conditional combos, such as they must be crouching, it has to be a counter hit, it only works on certain characters, or requires 50% of my heat gauge without a super. Maybe I'm asking too much; maybe there are no more general combos. I just want to make sure.

This may be old news to some (shup, Jais) - I have just learned, via comments on nicovideo, what the "(up to 2400 damage)" note on the frame data means. Dur. If you take more than 2400 projectile damage out of a Sledge, you straight up get hit. This explains why I keep getting nailed by Jin's ice wave for a few hits when I Sledge it...I thought it was just my timing. Ah well...

except that A doesn't combo to 2B unless it's crouch hit iirc.

sometimes I do 5C 236A236A RC > 5C 623C blah

A doesn't, but 2A does. And A comobos into 2A. Which is preciesely what I said :v:.