Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CT] Iron Tager Complete Guide

OK, I'm going to be adding a Tips and Tricks section in which I will include information such as 360/720 shortcuts and throw resets. After that, I'll probably close the threads those objects were covered in and/or transfer their contents into the Q&A Thread. Sorry if this offends anyone:(.

Thank you!

OK, I'm going to be adding a Tips and Tricks section in which I will include information such as 360/720 shortcuts and throw resets. After that, I'll probably close the threads those objects were covered in and/or transfer their contents into the Q&A Thread. Sorry if this offends anyone:(.

Thank you!

IM PISSED OFF, HOW COULD YOU?!

No syke Im just kiddin Holmes, Good shit on the guides.

*pound*

Is the astral heat written correctly? A+B+C must be held while tapping D (right?) The notation provided implies A+B+C then linking only a mashing D

Never use if the Magna-Tech Wheel whiffed or was blocked.

I'm not quite in agreement with "never". I've baited plenty of punish attempts to get a followup on magna. It's only done rarely, but never would have cost me a few matches.

Always do your 360s as 360BC and 360A~BC, it won't make them beat faster throws but at least you won't get thrown out of the startup.

Great technique. Thanks.

Is the astral heat written correctly? A+B+C must be held while tapping D (right?) The notation provided implies A+B+C then linking only a mashing D

I've tweaked the AH notation a bit; hopefully it makes more sense.

question...i've never seen it myself but i see throw reject miss quite a number of times during 360s and 720s...can u really tech out of them?

question...i've never seen it myself but i see throw reject miss quite a number of times during 360s and 720s...can u really tech out of them?

Yeah, but you can mess up throw techs. Same with regular throws.

Depends on how you connect with it.

If you buffer it into lets say, SledgeB, then they do have the opportunity to tech out. I think the exception is a throw counter

If you just walk up to them and do a 360 or jump 720, then they are going for a ride no matter what.

So, turns out 360B, 2B xx Shot, Followup can be done on Jin and Hakumen if you walk forward before the 2B. It's actually easier on Jin than Haku. This means the combo only doesn't work on Carl and Arakune (since on Rachel you use 5C anyway).

Throw, SledgeB, C, SledgeA, SledgeA, ect.: I just can't get the second sledge to connect due to the tech time. Hints?

Don't know about the other stuff, but this one is all about doing everything fast enough. The first sledge needs to hit them before they get too close to the ground so that you can link the 5C canceled into Sledge A without them teching.

The full RC combo does 4660 damage, it's the only one I know by heart.

Does anyone know if every character is hit by a follow up of sledge B, shot, 5C/2C, Corridor. I know Carl, Jin and Tao get hit by it. As long as the combo count is around 5 or lower. Seems that the combo limit sometimes higher and sometimes lower for reasons I'm not entirely sure of.

5C seems to work at more ranges than 2C for like 15 fewer points of damage.

WOW the Heat you gain depends on the damage you do.

So? SO! If they've bursted, 360B, ASledge->Followup gives you *50* Heat, meaning you can always RC.

You can always always do 360B, ASledge->Followup RC 5C Collider for a cool 7549 dmg. Or you can do 360B, ASledge->Followup RC 6C xx Shot, 2C Collider for 7938...or even ASledge->Followup RC (6C->)5D, because most people will be mashing on tech at that point, so you can Collider reset into 6C xx Collider to kill anyone.

[edit]

Is the walk forward part for that about as long as the walk forward part of the typical collider xx walk forward xx 6C?

Nah, Collider combo walk is much longer - it's pretty much the same as the walk forward part of doing Pot Buster FRC 2S->2H xx Heat on May.

LOL, that would only be useful to Raekwon, so: You hold 6 until you actually see Tager start to move, then immediately slide to 3 and hit B.

By "XX" do you actually mean RC, or just "do something next"? Cuz for no meter, the best you get is actually ASledge->Followup. :^P Well, you can do ASledge, 2A xx Spark Bolt but they can tech (nobody does, though) or if magnetized ASledge, 2A xx Collider for a tech trap since pretty much nobody will neutral-tech. With meter...unfortunately, 360s add a ton of tech-scaling, so your options after are severely limited: ASledge->Followup RC 6C Shot 2C Collider (probably won't work on Carl) ASledge->Followup RC 5C Collider (nearly same damage, just over 5K) ASledge RC 6C airthrow, falling elbow, land 2B xx Collider for the tech trap (6K+ for the actual combo, but airthrow is techable obviously)

Hey guys, I'm having some trouble pressuring my friends. They started to use jump + barrier my pressure strings, and 99% of the time I fail to collider their jump (unless magnetized) right away, I try to buster as soon as they recover but I fail since they are again jumping. And because they use barrier if I decide to pressure with 5a they are too far for a buster/ collider their jump. Help? :( tips?

I made a similar post somewhere last week. sadly the first suggestion "do a psychic collider" seems best hahaha. doesn't work if they are too far and/or jump backward though. I'd say go for psychic 623C and if that doesn't work try for 6A2C string cause even if they block it you kinda pull them in close again (as a bonus, if they dont air perfect block or barrier they will get owned by the 2C). If they are jumping really far away you can even try jump forward with jD to magnetize them at least. hope that helps a bit

OK, I've changed the Matchups section, and I'm typing up the Tips & Tricks section right now. Tomorrow, I'll spend some time in Training and get some more combos. Afterwards, I'll probably compile the information in those matchup forums. Sorry I've been so off the ball lately, guys :(. I don't know, I just don't feel confident about this guide. Any tips?

They started to use jump + barrier my pressure strings, and 99% of the time I fail to collider their jump (unless magnetized) right away, I try to buster as soon as they recover but I fail since they are again jumping. And because they use barrier if I decide to pressure with 5a they are too far for a buster/ collider their jump.

What are they jumping out of? Much of the time, jumping back and FDing is a really good way to get out of Tager's stuff. The answer to people trying to jump out of your stuff may be to use a fast low, but you'll need to use the right setup to catch them with one. If you are close, 2B 2C is great.

Never underestimate 3C though, it's actually quite good despite what you might think by looking at it. If you have bar, 3C RC 236B or Volt Spark into huge damage to punish people who try to jump out of stuff. For example, I often use 6A to setup for a 360 or 6B, but once people start trying to just hold up back to escape these, 3C will tag them and get you the damage.

I think after 236B you just go right to 2B 2C Collider 6C D. Off Shot you do the normal stuff you'd do off shot.

Yea you can, just the timing for 2B has to be right otherwise they can just neutral tech, block low and punish.

I'm starting to take a good hard look at Tager's Counter Assault now after seeing what it can do. It leaves them on the ground and tomorrow i am going to see if its possible to combo off the Counter Assault (its too late tonight). If it does I'll get back to you guys with what I find out, and if it works, we may have just found a way to help stop pressure strings and still get decent damage off a 50% Heat loss.

*EDIT*

Ok got around to it and had my hopes crushed by counter assault. Cant find anything to combo off it, it pushes the just far enough where 2B can't hit and the AI even set to neutral tech gets up way to quick for anything else. I really only see it working in very ackward situations since it doesn't really do a whole lot other than put them on the ground right in front of you

Does anyone else have trouble going from a 2:abt: -> 6:abt:? Everytime I attempt this I get a sledge instead. That is, if I go too fast I get a sledge, if I go too slow, I get a blocked 6:abt:....frustrating. I think this game has easy inputs like SF4 unfortunately.

No easy inputs. you need to hit 5 before you do 6a. believe me i learned hard trying to do 2K 6P with testament.

I had training mode! I've been practicing no heat combos. Dan and Mike you'll love this. --------------------------------- vs Litchi and Tager( so far ) if magnetized (tech trap) Atomic> walk > [5D]SledgeB> walk > 2B > 2C > Atomic --------------------------- Extreme corner. j.C>5C>SledgeA>Followup>2A or (5A) x 5 ------------------------------- Extreme corner CH 3C>2B>2C>Atomic>6C>5D ------------------------------ max range CH 2D>6A>2C>Atomic>6C>Atomic ------------------------------- CH 2D>Sparkbolt>2C>Atomic>6C>Atomic ------------------------------ anything>Atomic>6C>j.D works if they are magnetized instead of 6C>5D

vs Litchi and Tager( so far )

if magnetized

(tech trap) Atomic> walk > [5D]SledgeB> walk > 2B > 2C > Atomic

I got this to work without magnetism nor walk between sledge and 2B on Ragna, Noel, Litchi and Tager, with magnetism on Jin, v13 (hold 623C a little at the end) and Tao (for 236D~B).