Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CT] Iron Tager Complete Guide

OK, it's time to go crazy with the combos; I'll try to get good BNBs off of everything into the guide, and if we get enough flowing in, I'll start a Tager Combo thread.

I did not see this anywhere on the guide so i might as well post it here. You could buffer a 720 using any DD animation. :kitty: So lets say your playing a Ragna user. He uses blood kain right next to you. What do you do? Why, 720 of course. A Carl using gear super? 720!(or 360 if you don't have meter :v:) Litchi using Thirteen Orphans? 720! Ragna using Carnage. Make him hate life and 720. Just some supers i tested. I'm sure there are more you could do it on. If this is already known, i seriously need to catch up. :psyduck:

That's never been mentioned before; interesting tactic, but it probably wouldn't work very well against a seasoned opponent (they don't tend to use supers out of the blue). Nonetheless, I'll see if I can tack it into the guide somewhere ;).

I was going to mention that - BB doesn't lock out MY inputs during YOUR superflash. Works for any character, likesay it improves Hakumen a ton since, for example, he can just 6D Litchi's explosion and run up to punish.

What kind of damage do you get out of 360(B), Sledge(A), Followup? And does it work on everyone? Also, is it very safe to attempt a 720 during another character's superflash since 720 is not invincible?

Works on everyone from my experience. It's a decent addition of damage. Not sure if you could rapid the sledge into something like a :d::dbt: for extra damage + magnetism. EDIT: You can't, at least not on ragna, the :d::dbt: goes right under him. Possibly works in a Tager mirror. I'm curious about the 720. Is it completely invulnerable during the first few frames? How about afterwards? Completely vulnerable after the initial frames or does it have some invulnerability versus certain things still? Speaking of 720'ing during an opponents DD, what DD's can you throw chars out of? I don't think this works on bang's volcano fist, however all you gotta do is block it and 720 during the block anyways. EDIT: Just checked the additional damage on adding a sledge + hammer to a 360 :bbt:, adds totaling a 360:bbt: -> Sledge -> Hammer for 4373 damage.

I would be surprised if it worked on Ragna's grab super.

Well, there are a few frames you can grab ragna out of that super. I've done it plenty of times with just a regular grab.

Hell, I'm tempted to go into training and see if you can counter 720 this now. I'd love to see someone's face when you out throw him, hahaha.

Works on everyone from my experience. It's a decent addition of damage. Not sure if you could rapid the sledge into something like a :d::dbt: for extra damage + magnetism.

I'm curious about the 720. Is it completely invulnerable during the first few frames? How about afterwards? Completely vulnerable after the initial frames or does it have some invulnerability versus certain things still?

Speaking of 720'ing during an opponents DD, what DD's can you throw chars out of? I don't think this works on bang's volcano fist, however all you gotta do is block it and 720 during the block anyways.

The 720 is invulnerable for 5 frames and Then the super flash happens and there is no invulnerability post super flash. If they are vulnerable and in range during the super flash then you already have them. Anything past that is some sort of trap or trick because it's totally vulnerable.

So most superflashes you 720 through should get stuffed then right? I could see it being more useful when a player tries to do something out of your 720 superflash.

So most superflashes you 720 through should get stuffed then right? I could see it being more useful when a player tries to do something out of your 720 superflash.

Well, if the supermove has like 6 frames of invulnerability/airbornness, it'll just smash right into you.

Just checked. If Ragna does his Blood Kain super where it grabs you and drains your life, you can 720 during his flash and make him eat concrete out of it. Timing is a bit tricky though to get that 720. Another thing I'm curious about. Can you sledge or charge magnetism through Noel's ground and aerial Distortion Drives?

Yes you can sledge and charge through her supers, actually if she tries to do the groud one during Tagers' pressure and that you're far enough to avoid the first hit, you can B sledge on reaction and go through the projectiles for a counter hit.

I find it far better to 360:bbt: -> :f::abt: -> :d::cbt: -> :f::d::df::cbt: -> walk a step -> :f::cbt: -> :dbt: = 7200 damage and magnetized.

You can also:

360:bbt: -> :f::abt: -> :f::cbt: -> :f::d::df::cbt: -> walk a step -> :f::cbt: -> :dbt: = 6995 damage and magnetized.

Not sure if this works on Carl and Rachel.

EDIT: Hrmm, those worked in training, but I can't seem to get the :f::abt: to connect in actual play, seems to be character dependant. I'll check into it more later.

Turn recovery on in training before tying out combos, those are all techable, also i don't know how you found those damage numbers, even in the unlikely case that your opponent don't tech those are wrong.

No they're correct. I have it to auto tech, apparently the :f::abt: won't connect unless they tech towards you which is why it would work in training, I'll edit my post because they aren't practical at all.

If you need them to tech forward after the 360B, it's not those are not practical, that's just not a combo at all...

If you need them to tech forward after the 360B, it's not those are not practical, that's just not a combo at all...

Well, never said it was a combo, I was just saying it works.

Everyone make mistakes, just don't say it works cause it doesn't that's all. Just no one will tech towards you after a 360B, and if one guy is stupid enough to do it, you can do another 360B on reaction to the roll intead of doing something hoping he'll roll that way.

Everyone make mistakes, just don't say it works cause it doesn't that's all. Just no one will tech towards you after a 360B, and if one guy is stupid enough to do it, you can do another 360B on reaction to the roll intead of doing something hoping he'll roll that way.

Well, I truly thought it did work because it seemed no matter even if they teched the rolled, the :f::abt: would connect. I had the dummy set to block everything so naturally I assumed okay, this can be connected. After realizing so, I edited accordingly. I wasn't trying to be a prick about it, I truly thought the :f::abt: was inescapable on a tech. I was wrong, realized I was wrong and got rid of it before I give someone a bad habit. :vbang:

360B -> SledgeA w/additional attack RC -> Atomic Collider I got some hatemail for pulling this one off and its legit. Usually by the time you get 360B off, you'll have gained enough heat to do the rapid cancel.

Dont think this one was part of the throw combos, but this works on atleast Rachel as i was practicing last night. Throw > sledge B > 5C > AC > 6C > 5D Hopefully itll be helpful to someone. Also, Definatly doesnt work on arakune. YAY for my two most common matchups being Rachel and Arakune. :vbang:

so I just found out if you don't want another Tager, or a Jin (I'm sure there are others) to do instant overhead jBs on you (or other air moves) you have to crouch and...NOT BLOCK. his crouch guarding hitbox is bigger so you get hit. so I guess the new strat vs ppl who whore this stuff is to just crouch and not block, which isn't going to feel very comfortable -_-