Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CT] Iron Tager Complete Guide

i dont really use most the combo's used in this thread.

i have my own unique way of comboing.

like after sledge B i got 6C>J.2C so even if they tech out i can sledge them back into pressure.

i dont turtle with tager i get in your face and shove a red wall of soviet oppression on everyones ass.

Great, good for you that you wanna do your own combos.

That has, however, nothing to do with turtling or not turtling. Damage is damage and your combo sacrifices that and positioning to gain....nothing.

And I'm not sure what you mean by teching out, because if you're referring to people either teching before the j.2C, or teching on the ground after, sledging in either of those situations can get your ass kicked if the other guy, you know....presses an attack button after neutral teching.

BLAH Works on all except Carl.

:yaaay:

EDIT- I saw your first round Tager mirror at WCW, pretty good stuff.

I want to fight your Tager, along with those terrifying backdashes.

follow up Terra Break with 6C > AC its only 2 extra hits but its additional damage and guaranteed on a properly timed Terra Break

Yeah, but if I do it later, I can't even get it to come out at all.

i just buffer the input and do it right before they start falling, it hits them perfectly.

Yeah, I had some trouble in the beginning getting the timing of Terra Break to hit them properly. Speaking of MTW, is there any good tech-traps/followups off of it?

We really need to update the top guide with some mention of some more combos off of j. 2C. They do solid damage and I find myself landing them a decent bit. That and both these RC combos do loads of damage. j.2C,RC,j.2C(really low),2B,2C....followup of your choice. Against airbound oppenent your height or higher(hard and rare) j.2C,RC,5C,6A,2C,Collider...followup of your choice.

We really need to update the top guide with some mention of some more combos off of j. 2C. They do solid damage and I find myself landing them a decent bit. That and both these RC combos do loads of damage.

j.2C,RC,j.2C(really low),2B,2C....followup of your choice.

Against airbound oppenent your height or higher(hard and rare)

j.2C,RC,5C,6A,2C,Collider...followup of your choice.

agreed and in so i got some combo's that you can use.

CH J.2C>2B>2C>623C>41236D>2C>623C

CH 236B>6C>air throw>j.2C

i'll post more later when i get on the xbox.

agreed and in so i got some combo's that you can use.

CH J.2C>2B>2C>623C>41236D>2C>623C

CH 236B>6C>air throw>j.2C

i'll post more later when i get on the xbox.

actually on magnetized oppenent, maybe not magnetized too but I have problems hitting it.

CH j.2C, 2B,2C,5D,spark,5C,6A,2C,collider works I believe. the important think to know is after a j.2C(counter hit), or a j.2C,RC,j.2C you can do an OTG combo and it does a fucking lot of damage.

Can't you also after CH B sledge,6C,collider,Bsledge,2B,2C,collider,(doesn't work on lighties obviously).

also CH B 6A,2C,5D,spark,5C,6A,2C,collider

or CH B sledge, 6C,collider, spark, 5C,6A,2C,collider

Im not sure which does more damage I haven't checked.

the trick about J.2C combo's are a pain, you gotta land around the same time they do..you can even do it without rcing.

2d->RC->6A->2C->Collider->B sledge-> A sledge-> RC->6C->Spark bolt-> 2C-> Collider for 7030 dmg, needs 100% heat haven't spent much time in the lab, but so far it works on jin, ragna, and nu.

2d->RC->6A->2C->Collider->B sledge-> A sledge-> RC->6C->Spark bolt-> 2C-> Collider for 7030 dmg, needs 100% heat

haven't spent much time in the lab, but so far it works on jin, ragna, and nu.

2d rc 2d rc 6a 2c collider b sledge bolt 2c collider does 7065

2d rc 6a 2c 5d bolt 5c 6a 2c collider rc 6c collider does 7100 but doesnt work on nu

this might be posted i don't know but this combo works on all characters doesn't matte5Cr is magnetism. B+C>236B>5C>5D cH 236B>6C>5D*236B only if they are in the corner, if it wiff's then you get a free 720 if it hits then you can follow up if you smell a tech and counter. and the reason why you have trouble hitting my combo shinso because your elbowing too high or too early. if too high then they tech out before you can 2b if too early then they tech in the air.

uhhh can't you also, collider>236B,5C,236A,2B,2C,collider... Also I do 6C->j.D, instead of 6D>5D because it leads to better setups. I haven't landed a random collider in a while with out meter/spark/magnetized oppenent on a magnetized oppenent I normally collider>6C>collider>6C>j.5D(I forget if this combos or if its just solid pressure).

uhhh can't you also, collider>236B,5C,236A,2B,2C,collider...

Also I do 6C->j.D, instead of 6D>5D because it leads to better setups.

I haven't landed a random collider in a while with out meter/spark/magnetized oppenent

on a magnetized oppenent I normally collider>6C>collider>6C>j.5D

i do sometimes as well especially to arakune, it allows you to J.D spam his tech's.

and yes J.D leads to better setups your 100% right on that.

uhhh can't you also, collider>236B,5C,236A,2B,2C,collider...

Also I do 6C->j.D, instead of 6D>5D because it leads to better setups.

I haven't landed a random collider in a while with out meter/spark/magnetized oppenent

on a magnetized oppenent I normally collider>6C>collider>6C>j.5D(I forget if this combos or if its just solid pressure).

the only valid combo you posted is 6C j.D and it only works vs mid-large characters or magnetized small characters

the only valid combo you posted is 6C j.D and it only works vs mid-large characters or magnetized small characters

Ahh I figured as much I need to stop posting a play the game, some more been too busy with school, I can keep myself from the game but not the forums sometimes.:vbang:

But seriously I can't think of why the first one wouldn't work...I mean collider adds the same number of hits as throw, or am I wrong about that too :(.

edit: your totally right

however you can collider, walk forward slightly B sledge, 2B,2C 3250 damage

works on nu-13/rag not bang/carl/haku/tager/rachel, but yeah too much effort.

you cant replace a move in a combo and think itll work because: a) ac floors them, the b sledge followup pretty much keeps them floored (they can ground tech), throw -> b sledge keeps them aerial b) tech proration means that combos starting with throw generally cause people to tech later than if they were hit by atomic collider

It should be noted that since both grab/collider are unburstable, grab>collider>(6C/2D*not sure which does more), is unburstable and I have seen it kill alot of people who are in the whole lets burst right before I die mode, and you don't have meter.

2D does more, if you are going for the kill use 2D. Actually I use ...AC, 2D if I think they are going to burst, because (aside from more dmg) it also always gets you the magnetism. If they burst your 6C the best you can do is jump and get a far punish...but no magnetism.