Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CT] Iron Tager Complete Guide

got a combo to add. Though the spacing and timing for it to start is strange I'll admit 6C -> J.2C -> 2B -> Collider -> Spark Bolt -> 5C -> 6A ->Collider (hold a lil or release or let them drop into a Genesic or 360B) kind surprised at this considering the J.2C has to be on counter hit to link into 2B if done by itself. This way it can combo together, just make sure you jump into J.2C immediately. I know 2B can go into 2C but its lets risky this way not to mention it allows 6A to be performed without risk of being teched after the spark bolt > 5C part, which means a combo reset after 6A on Atomic Collider. Granted the person has to be close to Tager for this to work, max distance I found (with Jin) is about a half a step to a step closer than their starting positions at the beginning of a match. Seems to work best on a croching barrier blocker gotta check to see if it works on Carl, Rachel, and Taokaka since there hit boxers are so weird. Most likely candidates to cause AC to whiff and you probably have to be closer for those 3 for it to execute, which against Rachel and Tao is suicide.

We talk all combos and junk. But we never brought up defense in the guide. Since our boy Tager moves like he has 100 sitcks up his ass. Does anyone have a soild defense plan?

block

barrier, instant block, instant barrier, and backdash.

There is a tager defensive guide right there. Learn what you can IB -> punish and what not and against who, and you have the best tager d there is.

And super flash buffering kara canceling into 720s and stuff.

only one of tagers 2-8 matches was there though. D: then again i didnt win ACT given pretty much the exact same circumstance so i guess i suck~

Man I wish Tager had a dash. It's weird walking up to your foe without one. But you can't have everything, y'know.

They need to have him gain tension for moving forward, pots style.

They need to add that to the whole game though. makes sense to reward people who move toward an enemy.

They need to add that to the whole game though. makes sense to reward people who move toward an enemy.

Doesn't moving forward also count as +'s to move you further from the Negative penalty whilst moving/dashing backwards puts you closer?

If gaining tension for moving forward was reimplemented then change the negative penalties back to 100% tension loss

I updated the Throw combos in the first post. Fixed two of them, added a new (very strong) one that wasn't in there for some reason. I (?)'ed one because I don't see how it actually combos, does someone have a vid of it in action? Edit: Did some additional updates. Please take a look and let me know what you think.

LOL @ "?" combo, someone watched: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-bjrW-UNrA

It's a tech trap, but whatever.

Actually throw xx BSledge, 5C->2D is overall better than 5C->5D since they are pretty much forced to bounce tech and you end up a lot closer.

Almost wish I had a PS3 just to have a chance to play you and get a bit of critique for my Tager cause of videos like that.

But at the same time, I like the learning what works and what doesn't on my own.

i think if they added that a lot of characters would gain tension too fast, allowing rapid cancels and supers to happen way too much, and with a character like V, the dashing under ppl runaway style, have of that dash would count as aggressive, allowing her to do dumb garbage 24/7

i think if they added that a lot of characters would gain tension too fast, allowing rapid cancels and supers to happen way too much, and with a character like V, the dashing under ppl runaway style, have of that dash would count as aggressive, allowing her to do dumb garbage 24/7

No no no no no you misunderstand. In GG you gain tension more rapidly by moving forward with pots than moving forward with other characters. Slayer gains a lot by walking forward too, because these are characters that lack mobility, and walking forward should be rewarded with a hell of a lot more than just not getting neg penalty.

For "pros" in the pros v con section you forgot to mention that he "has tager buster" /kinda off topic... but I think tager would have much better matchups if a) he can cancel out of Sledge (like potempkin) and has slidehead :D

For "pros" in the pros v con section you forgot to mention that he "has tager buster"

/kinda off topic... but I think tager would have much better matchups if a) he can cancel out of Sledge (like potempkin) and has slidehead :D

I was thinking cancel out of sledge and/or Shot has projectile armor.

I was thinking cancel out of sledge and/or Shot has projectile armor.

Giving projectile armor to shot would be a godsend against Nu

and if Sledge had the complete properties of Slidehead w/projectile armor, then we'd have a winner

I've been doing some "heat wasting" lately, especially at the end of rounds. In a pressure string [insert string here] 6A xx magna-tech, RC, 360B ([insert combo here]). Did RC right before the overhead, as to disguise the slight pause between hits, and keep the opponent blocking. Worked wonders as an occational round ender the last couple of days.

Are you going to put in corner combos? I'm would like to deal some extra damage to v-13 if i reach her in a the corner.

For "pros" in the pros v con section you forgot to mention that he "has tager buster"

Actually, I did mention that, but took it out a little while ago because I was trying to make the guide a little more formal.

EDIT: Thank you very much, Gwyrgyn! I don't have much time to do anything but check new posts these days!

As promised, I'm almost done with that pressure guide; it should be up within the week :keke:!