Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CT] Iron Tager Complete Guide

Ya gotta time the 6c right? If I let it rip too close to the collider it seems like the opponent is popping up on top of it and it misses. But otherwise, I feel like my hakumen playing brother keeps rolling out of my 6c >5D after a grab or AC.

If you doing the AC, they must tech before you actually grab them. If they don't tech before the grab, then it'll keep going as an invalid combo and they can tech roll out of the (got to remember to walk forward a step too) 6C > 5D part.

These are gimmicks for a reason, almost every reset that Tager has is totally reliant on when and how they tech.

I have a few questions pertaining a combo string ending in 720. When I do B+C,AC,6 for a step,6C>D,AC xx 720, I can time the release of AC correctly about 30% of the time to land 720. However, sometimes the opponent flies, incredibly fast, over my head instead of towards my outstretched hand. I'm assuming that they are Recovering towards me. Am I AC'ing too soon, though? Is there a way to still drag them into a 720 when the air recover towards me? Or should I just go let AC grab. Also, when I try to do 4B+C,AC,6 for a step,6C>D,AC xx 720, the second AC never gets out in the same manner as when I just use a normal 5B+C. In fact I can't seem to make it work ever. As soon as the 5D lands I have already finished the AC motion, but nothing comes out. Is there something I'm missing or going to early on?

They are probably airdashing toward you after the tech. In that case, you can't get a 720, but you can hit with the AC. It doesn't matter which throw you do, all the combos are exactly the same. You're probably just doing the AC too early.

They are probably airdashing toward you after the tech. In that case, you can't get a 720, but you can hit with the AC.

It doesn't matter which throw you do, all the combos are exactly the same. You're probably just doing the AC too early.

I figured that they were recovering after the wallbounce which adds speed, but I see what you're saying. I'll try to time the AC a tic later.

so according to the match up ratio tager pretty much sucks againest every opponent? >_> sorry im a newbie and was thinking about using him since alot of people said hes easy to get in to, and sorry i didnt read all the replies so someone probably alrdy stated this.

The only truly sucky match ups are against from most annoying to least annoying are: Nu, Arakune, Carl, and Rachel If Carl didn't have that loop, it probably wouldn't be as bad and Rachel isn't anywhere close to being as annoying as Nu or Arakune. Don't let the match ups discourage you though. Hell the match ups in general really only apply to players that know what they are doing, which(for XBL) anyway are few and far between. Even at that point, it truly doesn't matter unless your opponent is Nu or Arakune. Granted, Tager is easy to grasp the combos, the real trick is learning the gimmicks with Magnetism, which some are harder than others. You have to play smarter and make less mistakes than your opponent.

oh i see thanks! :yaaay: altho im having troubles executing his 360 and 720 moves, somehow i always jump and the special wont start :vbang: (i use the right analog stick since i find it somewhat easier to execute specials that way =/) Oh and also by 360 n 720 do u do 632147896 (what ive been doing) or the other way around?

oh i see thanks! :yaaay: altho im having troubles executing his 360 and 720 moves, somehow i always jump and the special wont start :vbang: (i use the right analog stick since i find it somewhat easier to execute specials that way =/) Oh and also by 360 n 720 do u do 632147896 (what ive been doing) or the other way around?

First, stop using the right analog stick right now, it doesn't exist.

Second, buffering 360's are easy once you figure out the motion. I usually run the analog stick around once and hit A or B (depending on which throw I want) around the time the stick hits around the 7 position, which registers the 360 and doesn't cause a jump.

720's you can't just do them standing, they have to be buffered into another move, which your going to have to learn to do fluently if you want to get some of the higher damaging gimmicks off. If your doing it on the ground, make sure you buffer the 720 into something that isn't jump cancellable. Use Sledge B (no followup) to start since its one of the easier moves to do it off.

A little side note though, Sledge can be a bit risky in actual matches though since if you put someone into block/hit stun, they can tech out. Applies equally the same to 360A and B too. But use Sledge B to practice buffers though. Once you get the feel for it, practice it with backdashing, other non jump cancelable moves, and Atomic Collider.

so what u mean by the buffering into the 720 thing is that, u need to do a move or jump b4 that so when you rotate the stick 720 degrees it wont register as jumps but instead as his special? :psyduck: and thanks for all the answers

That is exactly it, you can do the same with 360's but it is rarely necessary. Jump in buffers though are really predictable now since its such an age old technique that is pretty much applicable in nearly any fighter that is out there. So use them sparingly. Use magnetism to your advantage when buffering also. Learn to control magnetism and you can put your opponent in damn near impossible to get out of 720 setups.

Use magnetism to your advantage when buffering also. Learn to control magnetism and you can put your opponent in damn near impossible to get out of 720 setups.

Unless I'm mistaken, can't all 720 setups get beaten by either:

A) Not teching

or

B) Holding up?

To be honest those are true about command throws/super throws in any other game, and they still land quite a lot. (^.^) You forgot the one unique to BB: C) If you couldn't hold Up, throw-tech after the super flash.

Unless I'm mistaken, can't all 720 setups get beaten by either:

A) Not teching

or

B) Holding up?

Yeah buddy. eat my Collidor/2C when i bait your jumps too. But, just keep on jumping because you THINK ill throw you.

what theres a patch coming? ill go google it o.o :yaaay: or did you mean the patch thats coming out around the euro release that everyones talking about :psyduck:

Yeah buddy. eat my Collidor/2C when i bait your jumps too. But, just keep on jumping because you THINK ill throw you.

Then it's a 50/50 where you get high damage if you guess right, and a nice juicy CH combo from them if you guess wrong.

Hello all! I was messing around with 3C and rapid canceling, and got some good combos! -3C(RC), 6C, jc, j2C, 2B, 2C xx Collider, Shot, 2C xx Collider (4621 dmg) -3C(RC), 5C, 6A xx Collider, Sledge(B) xx Additional Attack (4049 dmg) -3C(RC), 5C, 6A xx Collider, Sledge(B), Shot, 2C xx Collider (4815 dmg) In case of hitting a 6A first, tweak them a little to maximize damage -6A, 3C(RC), 5C, 6A xx Collider, Shot, 2C xx Collider (5037 dmg) -6A, 3C(RC), 5C, Sledge(A), 2B, 2C xx Collider, Shot, 2C xx Collider (4948 dmg) -6A, 3C(RC), 2C/6C xx Collider, Sledge(B), Shot, 2C xx Collider (5059 dmg w/2C) You can replace 5C, 6A xx Collider with 6A, 2C xx Collider to deal 30 extra damage, but timing is hard

Hello all!

I was messing around with 3C and rapid canceling, and got some good combos!

-3C(RC), 6C, jc, j2C, 2B, 2C xx Collider, Shot, 2C xx Collider (4621 dmg)

-3C(RC), 5C, 6A xx Collider, Sledge(B) xx Additional Attack (4049 dmg)

-3C(RC), 5C, 6A xx Collider, Sledge(B), Shot, 2C xx Collider (4815 dmg)

In case of hitting a 6A first, tweak them a little to maximize damage

-6A, 3C(RC), 5C, 6A xx Collider, Shot, 2C xx Collider (5037 dmg)

-6A, 3C(RC), 5C, Sledge(A), 2B, 2C xx Collider, Shot, 2C xx Collider (4948 dmg)

-6A, 3C(RC), 2C/6C xx Collider, Sledge(B), Shot, 2C xx Collider (5059 dmg w/2C)

You can replace 5C, 6A xx Collider with 6A, 2C xx Collider to deal 30 extra damage, but timing is hard

Definitely something to look into, I knew that 3C was RCable, but I never played around with it too much since its an incredible slow low hit.

I know this is probably already well known but today I found out you can do a 360 or 720 motion in any direction as long as it's considered the correct motion. This helps me out soooo much in my 720 setups as I have real difficulty doing them on the player 1 side but now that I can pretend that I'm always on the player 2 side I'm not so scared of getting to predictable. But anyway this shit is awesome and it just sky rocketed my interest in tager ten-fold so I just wanted to share with u guys what I found out.

I haven't read every post, and I know that the usefulness of throws in combos is questionable. But, if someone isn't expecting it how would this combo be? (excuse me if it's already been posted... I was just screwing around in training mode and figured it out.) Throw > BSledge > 5C > 6A > j. throw > j. 2C > 5B Does somewhere between 4 and 5k, but the throw can be teched easily, maybe just a once in a while gimmick. Anyone think its worth using?