Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CT] Iron Tager Complete Guide

I haven't read every post, and I know that the usefulness of throws in combos is questionable. But, if someone isn't expecting it how would this combo be? (excuse me if it's already been posted... I was just screwing around in training mode and figured it out.)

Throw > BSledge > 5C > 6A > j. throw > j. 2C > 5B

Does somewhere between 4 and 5k, but the throw can be teched easily, maybe just a once in a while gimmick. Anyone think its worth using?

I mean if it hits it hits, if your opponent is never falling for it don't bother.

Hello all!

I was messing around with 3C and rapid canceling, and got some good combos!

Is there a reason to use 5C 6A instead of 6A 2C? I would think 6A 2C should do more damage and should be a little easier to hit with, dunno about PP or anything like that though.

Range and easier execution, mostly 5C, 6A will connect everyone from maximum 3C range, and 5C is faster than 6A, giving more time to hit people before falling on the ground. If the opponent is magnetized, though, 6A, 2C will hit everyone from max range. As for the damage, 6A, 2C will hurt more, but 30~40 more points than 5C, 6A. Again, if you have the opponent magnetized, you should use 6A, 2C I also forgot to mention about range on this combo: -6A, 3C(RC), 2C/6C xx Collider, Sledge(B), Shot, 2C xx Collider (5059 dmg w/2C) 2C will only connect when you hit 3C very close. Use 6C, 5C or even 6A for some chars if you land 3C a little farther.

I haven't read every post, and I know that the usefulness of throws in combos is questionable. But, if someone isn't expecting it how would this combo be? (excuse me if it's already been posted... I was just screwing around in training mode and figured it out.)

Throw > BSledge > 5C > 6A > j. throw > j. 2C > 5B

Does somewhere between 4 and 5k, but the throw can be teched easily, maybe just a once in a while gimmick. Anyone think its worth using?

I do:yaaay:

But, I usually stop at the j.2C part, expecting ground recovery

for example ....j.throw, j.2C...

In case of back recovery or no recovery at all, 2D

In case of neutral, quick or front recovery, whiff 5B/2B or XYH and 360/720

In case of neutral, quick or front recovery and jump, Atomic Collider

Some chars can be hit with j.B after airthrow, and you can go from there as well

Or just land without j.2C and use 2B for more healthy mixups

My personal favorite is doing the combo going to, or in the corner, have the airthrow teched, and just 720 on ground. Midscreen is also possible on some chars.

My personal favorite is doing the combo going to, or in the corner, have the airthrow teched, and just 720 on ground. Midscreen is also possible on some chars.

If they are magnetized, right after the air throw is teched, press drive. You will land before the jumping d animation finishes, but it will none the less pull them towards you while you are both still in the air.. Buffer 720 during the jumping d, land 720.

Not certain how the timing works out, if they have enough time to start jumping right as they land, or if its guaranteed 720. If you know they are going jump, you can always just atomic collider reset.

There's no "guaranteed 720" unless they have landing frames from something (like a j.D). Off a throw tech where they do nothing they can just hold Up...

I'm not sure if this was mentioned or if I just get lucky when I do this or something, however, Tager has a jump that goes really high. How do you do that and do you need the enemy to be magnetized to do it?

I'm not sure if this was mentioned or if I just get lucky when I do this or something, however, Tager has a jump that goes really high. How do you do that and do you need the enemy to be magnetized to do it?

its called a "SUPER JUMP" and all you do is press down than up.

jesus fucking christ man, jesus CHRIST:vbang::vbang::vbang::vbang::vbang:

its called a "SUPER JUMP" and all you do is press down than up.

jesus fucking christ man, jesus CHRIST:vbang::vbang::vbang::vbang::vbang:

Yeah, chillax, it wasn't written or shown in the videos or guide. The Guide never says "To do a Super Jump, press down and up." Had it done so, I would have read it and done it, anyhow, give me a break, I'm a little new to Tager however, I've finally decided to main him since Rachel wasn't as fun as I thought she'd be once I figured out how she's played. Besides, questions are a part of learning, realize that and you'll become a wiser man.

Oh, also, thank you.

Yeah, chillax, it wasn't written or shown in the videos or guide. The Guide never says "To do a Super Jump, press down and up." Had it done so, I would have read it and done it, anyhow, give me a break, I'm a little new to Tager however, I've finally decided to main him since Rachel wasn't as fun as I thought she'd be once I figured out how she's played. Besides, questions are a part of learning, realize that and you'll become a wiser man.

Oh, also, thank you.

well Doomie went off just cause Super Jump is one of those things thats been in fighting games for awhile. Long enough where its almost as recognized as the Hadouken Input. So people just do it and not give it a second thought

Welcome to the low tiers kid. The ride is gonna be bumpy

well Doomie went off just cause Super Jump is one of those things thats been in fighting games for awhile. Long enough where its almost as recognized as the Hadouken Input. So people just do it and not give it a second thought

Thanks. I hope to learn alot from you veterans. I've been playing fighting games for a while myself and for some reason, the low tiers is almost always where my characters end up. Anyhow, I think I'm gonna like hanging around here, the community seems nice and the forum is quite organized, anyhow, to get back on topic, Tager.

I've been a bit concerned about the organization of the match ups part because I was hoping that the match ups would be organized in a way where there would be major tips edited into the first post kind of like how the first page is edited with combos, except explaining specific tips on when to pull off a grab and videos showing good examples of how a good Tager can face a good Litchi (Win or Lose) or how a good Tager can fight up against a good V-13. I've seen videos where someone was good enough to block and jump in at proper times to magnetize V-13 at proper times during the middle of V-13 throwing projectiles at him and narrowly making it through. Anyhow, that's just my suggestion "^^ Thanks for the welcome

I had to laugh when I read this because I always, ALWAYS pick low tier characters as my main without knowing beforehand.

You can buffer Astral heat out of Barrier.

[4A+B+C], D, D, D, D, ]4[

can do the same with Spark bolt(or anything that combos into Spark bolt), just be REALLY careful not to RC the Spark bolt itself, which is the somewhat tricky part.

9 times out of 10 though, its not worth showing off and going for the Astral

If it helps, you can do 41236+C+D (for the Spark Bolt), then add A+B and mash D. You'll never get an RC, but yeah...not very useful...

im not so sure if this is too useful but heres a useful rachel only. CH 236B>6C>J.2C>5C>5D (when you jump be sure to J.2C as soon as you jump, she's too big not to get hit.) its mean its nasty and it nets some good magnetism. its great because CH sledge B is easy to hit her with at the right distance. well try it and see if you like it.

im not so sure if this is too useful but heres a useful rachel only.

CH 236B>6C>J.2C>5C>5D (when you jump be sure to J.2C as soon as you jump, she's too big not to get hit.)

its mean its nasty and it nets some good magnetism.

its great because CH sledge B is easy to hit her with at the right distance.

well try it and see if you like it.

CH 236B>6A>2C>Collider>2D more damage, same magnetism and better position. It's also easier to do.

CH 236B>6A>2C>Collider>2D more damage, same magnetism and better position. It's also easier to do.

:yaaay:

yessir, easy as shit to do and more damage. Woulda said it but ive been outta state for a couple of days with no interwebs.

Well, it's not the best attack anyways. But how do you use the Terra break properly? Can't seem to get it to come out at all unless I enter it right after the spin is finished. But then, the punch comes up when the opponent is still skyhigh. Is there some sort of trick to entering this attack properly?

yeah I thought that was the common follow up for CH 236B assuming no special circumstances.

I'm a bit curious, does Tager's AH (King of Tager) have any invincibility? I'm guessing at startup? I checked the frame data and looked over the thread and I couldn't find any mention of this. Sorry if this has been covered before.

I'm a bit curious, does Tager's AH (King of Tager) have any invincibility? I'm guessing at startup? I checked the frame data and looked over the thread and I couldn't find any mention of this.

Sorry if this has been covered before.

I'm sure its already been covered before, but Tager's AH has no invincibility. :(

yeah I thought that was the common follow up for CH 236B assuming no special circumstances.

i dont really use most the combo's used in this thread.

i have my own unique way of comboing.

like after sledge B i got 6C>J.2C so even if they tech out i can sledge them back into pressure.

i dont turtle with tager i get in your face and shove a red wall of soviet oppression on everyones ass.