Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CT] Iron Tager Complete Guide

Yeah, I'm trying to avoid all the conditional combos, such as they must be crouching, it has to be a counter hit, it only works on certain characters, or requires 50% of my heat gauge without a super. Maybe I'm asking too much; maybe there are no more general combos. I just want to make sure.

CH combos are fine when playing online since a lot of people are mashing. Most of my first hits ends up being CHs. Crouching ones I agree are tough since Tager isn't the type of character with fast pressure strings where you are thinking about mixup (i.e. forcing them into a crouch).

Question: Since SledgeB causes them to fall down can you hit them as they are falling and have it count as a crouch?

This may be old news to some (shup, Jais) - I have just learned, via comments on nicovideo, what the "(up to 2400 damage)" note on the frame data means. Dur. If you take more than 2400 projectile damage out of a Sledge, you straight up get hit.

This explains why I keep getting nailed by Jin's ice wave for a few hits when I Sledge it...I thought it was just my timing. Ah well...

yea it has happened to me as well. on the other hand, you can use 421B to autoguard the entire ice wave super. I don't think you even take any tick damage, lol. I've started using 421B to block the last hit of noel's air super to block the missle hit and get some nice meter build

I see we have a "matchup" forum now. do you think you could move the current matchup discussion threads there?

Question: Since SledgeB causes them to fall down can you hit them as they are falling and have it count as a crouch?

If I understand what you're asking, no. The crumple state is just the new version of stagger.

A doesn't, but 2A does. And A comobos into 2A. Which is preciesely what I said :v:.

what I was thinking when I said that was "there's no way you'll be close enough for that in matches"

so I go in training mode against jin (standing) and do 5A2A2B2C at point blank range. 2C misses. FAIL. from 2A you can get it if you're in makeout distance against him

against ragna you can 5A combo if you are in makeout distance

I don't have his Astral super-analyzed, but I figured something things out. First and foremost, it's done like so: (A+B+C) DDD~ Think E.Honda's Hundred Hands Slap, or Blanka's Electricity... only you have to hold three buttons while you do it. You should be able to hit your three buttons, and get your Astral out as your whiffed throw recovers. Of course you may want to buffer it other ways. I found it's easiest to do the move with this configuration on my stick: ABC DXX If the opponent is magnetized, it will suck them in from the air OR ground, if you hold down D; it gives you plenty of time to decide if you want to hold down D or not, given the fact that you activated the move by pressing D Rapidly. I set my Training Dummy to jump constantly, and found it also grabbed him out of the air. It may not have quite as much air-range, as it does ground-range, it's hard to tell. As for range, I'm not sure, but on whiff, he reaches out farther than any of his other throws, so I'm guessing he reaches about as far as the whiff-animation reaches. No clue on invincibility frames. Is there a universal Astral-Invincibility property? I remember not being able to hit Rachel in her long Astral animation. It's probably safe to assume it's as good as or better than his 720 at least. Oh and it seems like you would be able to substitute this move for Atomic Collider and then some in various combos. I haven't trained much beyond that, but at least this is more info on it then this thread currently has. Edit/PS: I get that "F" means follow-up and stuff, but what does SF and CF mean in your guide?

Oops, "SF" and "CF" refer to parts of the guide that aren't posted yet. I need to fix that :sweatdrop:. Anyways, I've found out that the Astral requires five presses of D to activate. And, it appears to have too much startup to combo into, but I haven't finished testing that yet.

You can combo into it from a full distance Volt Spark or from a CH 2D. Might be able to catch them from a Collider with your back to the corner too. If you have magnetism, the move sucks in prior to hitting. The range is really short though obviously. The move has no invincibility and it's really fucking slow so it's just all around terrible and only there to really humiliate someone.

You can combo into it from a full distance Volt Spark or from a CH 2D. Might be able to catch them from a Collider with your back to the corner too. If you have magnetism, the move sucks in prior to hitting. The range is really short though obviously.

The move has no invincibility and it's really fucking slow so it's just all around terrible and only there to really humiliate someone.

You could also do it from a CH b sledge.

Doesn't really matter since the AH is not very good. Just stick to Emerald buster. :toot:

Adding a few extra-sexy random combos: 2B->2C->5D xx Shot, followup: Ragna, Tager only. 2B->2C->5D works on a lot of chars, though. If they are already magnetized: (BSledge,) 2B->2C->5D xx Shot, followup. Can followup with 5C->6A->2C xx Collider for massive damage. Works on all except Carl.

Also, if you want to combo Shot to Astral without RCing accidentally, do Shot as 41236+C+D, continue to hold C while adding A and B, then mash D. It's not as hard as it sounds. I just wish I knew if Astrals are allowed in Ranked matches now. :^P As well, if they're magnetized, 2C xx ASledge (whiff), Astral is a great tech trap - use after a Shot, for example. If you get a CH 2C xx ASledge, the Astral will combo...

I just wish I knew if Astrals are allowed in Ranked matches now. :^P

According to the 360 manual, Astral Heats are allowed, but Unlimited characters are not.

Well, if, say, Ragna is around 55% health, and you have 74 heat or more....

B+C throw > B sledge > 5C > collider > Shot > Astral

Works.

Yea it works, can really be applied to anyone and that can be applied to anything that uses the Spark Bolt mid combo.

I got a question, are there any better follow ups to Terra Break other than 6C > Atomic Collider?

@MikeZ

I find it easier to hold A+B+C during Spark Bolts startup since it only seems to RC after the spark leaves Tager's hands. Granted that window is very small it seems but its doable. Obviously smash D when spark leaves your hands if you did it right.

Heck, I even would have been happy with 1080D! But anyways, I've finally added Tager's AH to the move-list. I'll add more details once we learn a little bit more about it :v:.

This is probably rather pointless but I can figure out what health percentages each character would have to be at to combo an Astral and post them here if you'd like. The combo I plan on using for this experiment would be 623B > 2B > 2C > Collider > Spark > Astral. Heat gauge would have to be at a minimum 78% for this particular combo to work. Tried it out on Arakune already just for kicks and he has to be at 60% health or less for the combo to go into astral

Just pulled this off randomly on some guy online, but it was just B+C throw into the corner into the Astral.

You only get to follow up Terra Break with slow moves if you missed a hit of the MTW or you CH with it, otherwise the tech scaling seems to be too much and they can recover first. I usually go with 6B->2C xx Collider, but you can also do 6C, airthrow or 6C->5D. If they're magnetized you can always just do the 2B xx Collider tech trap.

Are there any other long range distortion drives other than Jin's Ice Fang that Sledge Hammer can't beat? I found it odd how that move isn't considered a projectile and it stuffs sledge hammer :/. Also how all of Nirvana's attacks are considered projectiles so sledge hammer can go through them with ease.

Are there any other long range distortion drives other than Jin's Ice Fang that Sledge Hammer can't beat? I found it odd how that move isn't considered a projectile and it stuffs sledge hammer :/. Also how all of Nirvana's attacks are considered projectiles so sledge hammer can go through them with ease.

The sledge has a damage limit, and I'm sure mike z or someone will pop in to remind both of us what it is. So if say rachel has 2 lighting rods super you at the sam time sledge will be broken. I'm sure there are other supers with enough oomph.

Mm really? I play my brother who uses Rachael a lot and whenever he has like 2-3 rods set up and he uses Baden-Baden Lily, I'm always able to sledge through them without any problem. Though I need to check back on the damage of that move ><, it seems like one of the stronger projectile-related distortion drives though.