Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Vanguard Princess

This game is already out in English, and I believe the Steam ver was greenlit not too long ago as well.

Yep, and they've confirmed that anyone who bought the English version already will get a free Steam key.

Wut?

That was supposed to lead into my next statement but I worded it poorly.

. . .

Not...quite sure what you mean by that, but I personally find all the fanservice in this game to be gratuitous and distracting, and that includes the obnoxiously bouncing boobs. I like the designs of most of the assist girls more than the playable ones because at least those lolis don't have massive jigglies.

Anyways Capcom has been stated [both by current and former employees] to be rather shit as employers [overwork, refusing proper credit, strict creative control, etc] it's no wonder they've lost alot of their best workers. He doesn't seem to eager to go back into the market, so he's probably focusing on his own ventures, working on VP as a hobby since he is good at this stuff, I mean otherwise he'd get an actual staff to help out with VPX.

I'm amazed he put it out for free. Just the art alone is gorgeous. I can't imagine how much work he had to put into it. Though, I'm not a fan of slower, more SF-like games.

The visual issue with the game isn't detailed animation, it's the horribly cluttered stages. .

I don't think the stages are cluttered, but having four characters on screen at once all the time, especially with how damn detailed they all are, can make the game feel cluttered at times (unless that's what you meant by "horribly cluttered stages")

I seem to remember something like that happening when I played the original version. What controller are you using?

Bought it, but still can't get my D-Pad to work with it, so I guess it's back to being a keyboard warrior. I've tried using a DS2, DS3, and DS4 and it only recognizes the analog sticks.

My PC controller is a Logitech controller that has a toggle switch, which either makes it read as a 360 controller (which it's on now), or makes it read as a normal gamepad.

Im thinking about purcharse VanPri on Steam but looking in the Community Hub a lot of people complains about controller issues, I play with a Arcade Stick mod with PS360+, its gonna work? I dont want to play the game with keyboard.

I don't really see the point in buying it. It's pretty much unchanged from the freeware version. Until netplay is added (who knows when this is going to happen) there's really no point in buying it over downloading the freeware version.

Unless you want cards

The draw in the paid version is that it's in English. Not that that's worth too much in a fighting game, but clearly some people are willing to pay for it.

I dunno...maybe it's just me...but I'd rather have money put into a new title, not an unnecessary upgrade to the game (especially since one has been teased for years now . . . :\)

I didn't see on their donation page about how a fan would be compensated if he/she made the netcode for eigomanga. It would be pretty hilarious if they are hoping a fan will make the netcode for free for them so that they can keep the $10,000 for themselves.

I didn't see on their donation page about how a fan would be compensated if he/she made the netcode for eigomanga. It would be pretty hilarious if they are hoping a fan will make the netcode for free for them so that they can keep the $10,000 for themselves.

I don´t think that, to me, looks like a B plan "if the IGG doesn´t get funded maybe a Fan Netplay could be exist" looks like more than a future scam (?)

I don´t think that, to me, looks like a B plan "if the IGG doesn´t get funded maybe a Fan Netplay could be exist" looks like more than a future scam (?)

Well if they fail to reach 10k, they will still get funded money. To which, what will they do with it? They can claim that the project failed because they did not get enough funding, and couldn't find anyone to help do the netcode independentally. Easy way to get free money? :/

Well if they fail to reach 10k, they will still get funded money. To which, what will they do with it? They can claim that the project failed because they did not get enough funding, and couldn't find anyone to help do the netcode independentally. Easy way to get free money? :/

Well that could be a sadly posibility :,(

Zombie post but can the rumors about him being on Twitter under a different account and playing Tera stop?  Japan has not received any contact from Sugeno for at least a year.  I don't know when that rumor started but the purported account has no relation to Sugeno, the guy posted some screenshots of VP when he was testing hitboxes but he refers to Sugeno by name in third person.  In short, completely, fucking, unrelated.  I don't get how people are using this rumor (oh we heard he's alive on twitter playing Tera!) to possibly justify shady shit like the Indiegogo and the Steam release.

Zombie post but can the rumors about him being on Twitter under a different account and playing Tera stop?  Japan has not received any contact from Sugeno for at least a year.  I don't know when that rumor started but the purported account has no relation to Sugeno, the guy posted some screenshots of VP when he was testing hitboxes but he refers to Sugeno by name in third person.  In short, completely, fucking, unrelated.  I don't get how people are using this rumor (oh we heard he's alive on twitter playing Tera!) to possibly justify shady shit like the Indiegogo and the Steam release.

Wow so is just a rumor, Sugeno have a official twitter or something?

I made a Custom Image from the Steam version, because the official sucks a lot, feel free to use it!

Edit: Btw all the pictures in the OP are dead lol @Hetacom

VanPriSteam.png