Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kikuichimonji

St. Louis, Missouri: Land of Solless Puns

Yes, St. Louis has an anime scene! While we're definitely a smaller group, we have a few dedicated players who travel to major tournaments, as well as a larger group of local players of varying skill levels.

The most consistent venue for all fighting games in St. Louis is Danno's Pub, located directly off Watson Road. Besides that, most hookups are impromptu meetings at various players' houses throughout the general St. Louis area. Almost every Monday, there are at least a few players at Danno's to play anime games. We are currently trying to create a regular weekly or monthly tournament schedule, but working around our players' work schedules is currently an issue. I recommend joining the Danno's Facebook group, STL Bar Warz. It is currently set as a private group due to issues with spambots, but if you request to be added, your request should go through quickly. Almost all of our local fighting game discussion happens on Facebook, it's just more convenient than Dustloop's format for most people.

As for what games we play, currently everyone is focused on Xrd. However, in the past we have played Persona, Blazblue, UNIEL, and Melty Blood, and many of us would be happy to play other games with you. If you have little or no experience in anime games or fighting games, many of us are very willing to mentor or play you. Being new to a game is nothing to be ashamed of, but please come ready to learn and ready to lose (like a lot).

If you have any questions, feel free to message me on Dustloop! I'll get the message and reply when I stop feeling lazy.