Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JackG

[CT] Hakumen Combo Thread

You wrote "zangetsu" where all the zantetsus go. Been watching Bleach or something?

Other than that I don't see anything notable besides maybe typing out the inputs instead of move names for people that aren't as familiar with him.

yea, I was thinking about that, but I wanted it to look neat, and the notional input style seemed cluttered and hard on the eyes. Of coarse it might have just been that i was up at like 5 and my eyes where tired? xD thankyou <3

No, keep the names. BBCS challenge mode uses names for specials, so you should too. No reason not to since they also minimize clutter.

I suggest making two different combo lists: one for optimal, max-damage/position stuff and another for the flashy/weird properties/etc. stuff so people can pick-and-choose and know exactly what they are getting. This irked me to no end with the Rachel forum's combo list, it was all mashed-up together and I had no idea which combo was the best to use.

You can also post stuff in BB code tags to make it easier to read. For example, taking a bit from my own personal combo list, I'd put it like this:

[U]Legend[/U]

JI = Jump Install

Jf. = Jump forward

Jb. = Jump backward

Ju. = Jump up

ADB = Air Dash back

[U]Falling.C[/U]				                         	       	     [U]Damage (Stars)[/U]

[Starter] -> Enma -> falling.C -> 2c -> sj.2c -> AD j.2c			       	   (2)

[U]Corner Loop[/U]

[Launcher] -> 2c -> j.2c -> j.C -> 2c -> sj.2c x2 -> AD j.2c x3		         	   (0)

[U]1. Normals[/U]

1.1) [B]2a[/B]

1.1.1) -> [delay] -> 3c / hop Tsubaki	 mix up					       408, 1200 (3)

1.1.2) -> tick throw -> combo								   (0)	

1.2) [B]5a[/B] CH 

1.2.1) -> sj.a, gatling B -> dj.2c

1.2.2) -> 5c -> Gurren -> 6c

1.2.3) -> 5c -> falling.C

1.3) [B]6a[/B] CH (standing) -> j.C -> 5c -> falling.C					   	3088 (2)

1.4) [B]6a[/B] CH (AA) 

1.4.1) -> 5c -> 1.4.X										

1.4.2) Gurren -> 6c									2102 (1)

1.4.3) Gurren -> 5c -> falling.C							~3k (2)

1.5) [B]6b[/B] CH 

1.5.1) -> j.C -> 2c -> j.2c -> j.C/2c.					       		~2.5k (0)

1.5.2) -> j.C -> 5c -> falling.C							~3.4k (2)

1.6) [B]3c[/B] CH 

1.6.1) -> 2c -> j.2c -> AD j.2c 							2409 (0)	

1.6.2) -> 2b -> Gurren -> 6c								2340 (1)

1.6.3) -> 6b -> falling.C

1.7) [B]2/5 b/c[/B] CH 

1.7.1) -> falling.C combo		         	              	  low (2b): 2644, high (5c): 3635 (2)

[Damage variant]

1.7.2) -> Renka (1) -> Zan -> 5c -> falling.C			          low (2b): 5477, high (5c): 6353 (7)

1.8) [B]2c[/B] (AA) 

1.8.1) -> j.2c -> AD j.2c								1984 (0)	

1.8.2) -> sj.B -> dj.C -> Tsubaki -> j.C -> 5c -> Gurren -> 6c			       	4257 (4)

1.9) [B]J.C/J.B[/B] -> any of the above.

1.10) [B]J.A[/B] CH -> j.C -> 2c -> j.2c -> AD j.2c

I just copy-pasted, so the dmg/notes don't line up, but you get the idea. :v:

This kind of stratified organization might just be a result of the German blood in me, but I find it makes it much easier and more readable to sort through combos. You can even further break it down with bold/italic/colour text where appropriate. If I were to make my own combo list, I'd do it this way. The workload is on you, but everything you do should be to make it as simple and easy as possible for the reader to understand (that's my policy, anyway). :eng101:

EDIT: Whoa, that came out way bad, not like it was in "preview post". I'll edit it properly once I have time. For now, I hope you get the gist of it, at least.

EDIT2: Aligned the dmg values, and it turns out the table doesn't display correctly for fault of a horizontal scroll bar, which is absent for some unknown reason. I think I'll cut out the notes just for the sake of appearances. But this shouldn't be happening. Anyone know how to make the

tags work properly?

EDIT3: Cut out the notes, bolded the normal starter, and updated the combos for more recent usage. Looks much better now. :kitty:

the fact that 2C {CT} is now 2A {CS} isn't taken into effect makes it a bit confusing sometimes.

That aside, anyone completed the combo challenges? I think I got halfway before getting really demoralized.

Actually, no, I didn't even finish #4, I think the second one confused me; I know it sounds amateur, but I'm not sure how to do that last part diagonally; Hakumen misses the second air B a lot.

If you don't know what I mean, here is the combo they make you do: 2D -> 66 -> B -> 7,8,or9 -> A -> B -> J.2A -> j.C

j.A to j.B is a late gatling like it was in ct.

i doubt that combo has any practical application, since iirc you can do a meterless dustloop from 2D anyways.

these are CT combos when the game comes to console i'll make a [CS] Haku-men Combo thread.

Uh... hi, I have problem doing Haku's combo so I guess this is the place I should post.

I seem to be unable to do the full Enma > jc > F.C > land > 2C > hjc > J.2C , airdash , J.2C combo

In training mode, I put the AI in auto-recovery and I always drop the combo after F.C.

It's either I did F.C too fast and the AI recover before I could do 2C or the AI recover before I did F.C, so I guess my timing was off.

Is there anyway I can practice in order to solve my problem?

Uh... hi, I have problem doing Haku's combo so I guess this is the place I should post.

I seem to be unable to do the full Enma > jc > F.C > land > 2C > hjc > J.2C , airdash , J.2C combo

In training mode, I put the AI in auto-recovery and I always drop the combo after F.C.

It's either I did F.C too fast and the AI recover before I could do 2C or the AI recover before I did F.C, so I guess my timing was off.

Is there anyway I can practice in order to solve my problem?

1. when your opponents head meat your knee's tricky to time.

2. when your knee's bend while falling down.

3. sound que gotta listen for that grunt.

i actually use 1 and 2...i think its another(easier) way to do it.

this should help you...I dug through over 20 pages for this.

yeah, the timing is a bit odd for it. the above mentioned post will help in terms of recognition. after awhile, you'll just start to feel it & you'll know when to input. just keep practicing & don't give up. you'll get it.

SolBadass

God bless you my good man.

Now I can pull it out a little more (3 out of 24 to be exact :vbang:.)

Seriously, his timing is so hard to master, now I have even more respect for those who pull that off.

God bless you my good man.

Now I can pull it out a little more (3 out of 24 to be exact :vbang:.)

Seriously, his timing is so hard to master, now I have even more respect for those who pull that off.

I'm assuming you guys are talking about the BnB...well, for that one, using the advice SolBadass found, you could look at both the legs of Hakumen and your opponent's falling animation at the same time. Right as Hakumen's legs stand retracting (for the fall) and your opponent starts flipping (so you start seeing his/her back) is around the time you press C; the delay in input will match up right. It sounds like it's a lot of work, but it makes it easier to pull off; just practice. If people who are scrubs(me) can do it, you can too.

Also, I think the timing in CS is bit slacker, so if you're planning on playing it when it comes out, just try it and see.

Also, I think the timing in CS is bit slacker, so if you're planning on playing it when it comes out, just try it and see.

Yep, I will be maining Haku again in CS (with a troll or a butler as my sub.)

OK, I start to get the timing right (it's 50/50 chance now.)

Also, after 2C, do we have to do the 529 movement in order to hjc or can we hjc if we input 9 fast enough?

Another question. About 66 hotaru and tsubaki, what is the mechanic on that? Does it come out because Hakumen hop count as jump or the 7 before we use the special? I can do hop tsubaki but my hotaru always come out as renka.

when you do 2C>jc>j.2C you do the high jump as you do the 2C.

I tend to do it this way and it always work.

also it has to be 9 otherwise you can't follow up.

hop hotaru is the same as hop tsubaki.

just buffer it like 663214.

or if your on a stick like me then do 66214. it works either way just fine in my experience.

and haku-mens hop is considered a jump so it beats grabs.

Also, after 2C, do we have to do the 529 movement in order to hjc or can we hjc if we input 9 fast enough?

inputting 9 will give you regular jump cancel after you input 2C. You must input 529 in order to get that super jump cancel which is necessary alot of the time. After 2C i like to go back to 4 and roll up to 9 to get the super jump cancel. Its simply a matter of preference and do whatever works easiest for you. It has to come out fast so try to do the input immediately as you nail the 2C.

I have some problem regarding this combo: 2D>66>5B>J.A>J.B>jump cancel>J.2A>J.C

I seem to miss J.B 80% of the time. I would be happy if somebody points out what I'm doing wrong.

"Just do a super jump after 5B if you think the opponent is too high "

I can do it like that but there's a slight issue. I would like to do it without S.J because I'm trying to clear challenge mode.

I figure this is a silly question...but how are the combos read because I don't know what it means when you have a string then another line indented underneath.

First page.

For Sophisticat's combos, let's take this as an example:

1.2) 5a CH -> sj.a, gatling B -> dj.2c

1.2.1) -> 5c -> Gurren -> 6c

1.2.2) -> 5c -> falling.C

In this case, 1.2 goes into either 1.2.1 or 1.2.2, it means after dj.2c you can go either way. At least that's what I think. It does seem weird that 5c isn't included in 1.2, though.

edit: confirmed by the man himself; what would we do without you.

^ I think he's talking about JackG's combos in the first post, which, I will admit, are extremely confusing to read. I also consider the combos kind of outdated, and not necessarily optimal.

And yes, all the combos I have posted do indeed work, extensively tested by yours truly. :eng101:

Though to clarify my coded combo notation, each "segment" (i.e. 1.2), 1.2.1), etc.) is a combo in itself. I was in a hurry to get it together, so some stuff is not entirely clear, and it was mostly intended as an example than an actual piece. I'll clean it up right now just so people don't get confused over it.

I figure this is a silly question...but how are the combos read because I don't know what it means when you have a string then another line indented underneath.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?6054-Hakumen-Combo-Thread&p=661360&viewfull=1#post661360

http://blazblue.byethost13.com/bbct/characters/hakumen/bbct_hakumen_combo.html

It's pretty much a general view of how to read combos. Oh always read them from player 1's position.

Also, Jack made his combo guide when there where no analogies we could use like haku hop cancel and TK Tsubaki. So take into consideration we have it alot easier.

^ I think he's talking about JackG's combos in the first post, which, I will admit, are extremely confusing to read. I also consider the combos kind of outdated, and not necessarily optimal.

And yes, all the combos I have posted do indeed work, extensively tested by yours truly. :eng101:

Though to clarify my coded combo notation, each "segment" (i.e. 1.2), 1.2.1), etc.) is a combo in itself. I was in a hurry to get it together, so some stuff is not entirely clear, and it was mostly intended as an example than an actual piece. I'll clean it up right now just so people don't get confused over it.

Yea basically I looked at his combo list and the way it was written was almost as confusing as guilty gear combo notation. Is it possible for a link to your combo list if you have one Sophisticat?

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?6054-Hakumen-Combo-Thread&p=661360&viewfull=1#post661360

http://blazblue.byethost13.com/bbct/characters/hakumen/bbct_hakumen_combo.html

It's pretty much a general view of how to read combos. Oh always read them from player 1's position.

Also, Jack made his combo guide when there where no analogies we could use like haku hop cancel and TK Tsubaki. So take into consideration we have it alot easier.

I appreciate the help from both of you but I'm full aware of reading combo notations just the bullets and indentations on JackG through me off. Anyway, I presume the links are Continuum Shift combos?