Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JackG

[CT] Hakumen Combo Thread

You can follow J.D if not mentioned earlier J.d, j.214B, djc, j.214C. Cancel the j.D as early as you can (advanced input or w/e its called helps alot), double jump and do 214C at the peak of your jump. The height you are at after the j.214C usually allows you to follow up with a j.B on descent. If you actually land the counter at a decent height(near peak of first jump) you may be able to follow up with a J.C on descent. Whether or not this is worth the stars is beyond me. As for a follow up to a TK'd 214C i believe 2k, 236A into whatever is doable on most characters. However a dash canceled 214C can be followed up with 2C or 5C into a combo of your choice. If you also TK'd or dash canceled a j.214B, it can be followed by an immediate j.214C followed by 2c/5c, etc. Again whether or not its worth it is up to you guys I guess. For 5.D follow ups you can do 623A, 2C, jc, j.2C airdash j.C midscreen. or you can do 623A, 5C, 236A, into whatever depending on position. 236A dash 2C can be a decent followup (It was mentioned earlier I believe) but it doesn't work on Noel and possibly some others. Stars permitting you can just do [214B(one hit),41236C,whatever] after either both 2D and 5D Note that pretty much all the follow ups mentioned require you to cancel the counter as early as possible (again that 5 frame button hold thingy helps alot)

tested on ragna ragna in corner: j.C l> 5C > 236A ~ A > falling j.2C > j.C l> 2C > sj.B > dsj.C > dsj.214C > falling j.C l> 2C > sj airthrow (ya its a throw, sue me) > falling j.C l> 214B*** > 5C ***the last 214B has to be done immediately after hitting the ground and the falling j.C before it has to hit as late as possible, link feels ridiculously tight this was all in effort to win a bet that hakumen could break 15 hits without any form of super

Hah! Air D counter combos in to Hotaru (j214B)! Timing is strict though, and the jump install it gives seems useless.

Yea, as mentioned above you can use the double jump to do j.214 C, and possibly do a falling j.B/j.C. What's everyone's followup to a TK'd/Dash Canceled j.214B non counter hit? I've been doing 5C, 236A, 5C. i guess you could also do 214B(1 hit), 41236C after 5C stars permitting.

I tend to combo anything that the opponent is low enough, into 623A~A, almost always leads to best damage for least stars, just have to learn your links and its well worth it. j.214B > 5C > 623A~A > j.C l> 2C > j.2C > ... for midscreen, and if i have the stars to spare, after that Its usually airdash j.C > j.214C for knockdown and a lil more damage if an airdash will take them to the corner after that you have airdash j.2C > falling j.C l> 5C for (cheap) knockdown or 2C > more combo

I don't feel the timing on the 214b after j.d is strict at all. If you're doing j.d just do the motion for the 214b regardless and press b when you hit confirm. You can jc it into a j.c I think, and who knows what else in the corner. I'll try and test some stuff tonight.

You should save at least 2 stars so you keep your throw vs normal mixup after performing the combo.

I don't understand what you're saying. Can you please explain this?

Sorry but what does abare mean?

Japanese term, means attacking from a disadvantageous position or defending from an advantageous one.

in this situation it means performing a combo off a landed hit, where the hit was used to defend against something. Like the anti-air abare you combo off an attack you used as an anti-air. Normally when people use the term abare they're talking about getting the most out of any hit you make with a combo.

Not sure if this ones worth it but 8 stars: Dash hop 214C -> 5C -> Zantetsu -> 5C -> Renka - 5575 damage works on Arakune, need to confirm everyone else

I'm in the camp that believes mugen really doesn't have any practical purposes in this game. Only time you will get to use it is if you are playing against someone who was already inferior to you. Mugen isn't exactly Blood Kain, or even taokaka's image. As for 8 magatama combos, it's best to work in renka(1) zantetsu as early as possible (like renka should come out as the second hit at the latest). Those always maximize damage.

As for 8 magatama combos, it's best to work in renka(1) zantetsu as early as possible (like renka should come out as the second hit at the latest). Those always maximize damage.

^this^

The problem with mugen is that it prevents your specials from linking back to normals. If I could still do Zanketsu>5C>Zanketsu, It would be great, but not being able to reset your specials per combo sucks.

Here is a sample, I look for anything that hits and go from there. If a poke (a moves, 2b, etc), I do the shorter variation that goes poke > renka > zantetsu > 5c (for characters that can't be hit by gurren after this, such as nu, just skip 5c) > gurren > 6c If it's something heavier such as, for example, baiting correctly on a dp or something, I hammer out all my stars as, 5c or 6c > renka > zantetsu > 5c > gurren > kishuu > 5c > gurren > 6c I think that ranges from 5.4k to 7.7k damage. air counter hit jc also can go into 5c renka for a fair amount of damage.

What are the best Special Link combinations anyway, for situations I mean? Not including normals that reset the rule.

Once you have 6+ magatams, you are looking for renka zantetsu. 2-5 is more tricky, because you will need to choose your combo depending on your location on the stage. Mid screen anything that goes into a gurren 6c finish, in the corner gurren/renka/enma all work as you are looking for the launch and j2c loop. It's all distance dependent.

Sorry for double posting, but I want to mention that in certain situations (mostly hit count dependent), you will also look for other finishes such as 6b and 3c. Those also have certain rules but the main idea is to keep them close to you on knockdown (that and because other combos will turn black due to high hit count). But generally, the previous post has the rules to follow for burning magatamas.

1 star: gurren(counterhit)-6C Seems to work for guard pressure too. enma(dash)-Throw(either direction) Catches people off guard sometimes, but not reliable since it can be poked. Throw-gurren-6C Hard to do from back throw but still possible. 3 stars: gurren-renka Seems to work as a nice high-low, but can be predicted if used often 4 stars: zantetsu-gurren-6C Slow but powerful, dunno about midscreen followups except another gurren. 6 stars?: enma-zantetsu-gurren-6C Only works on heavier characters, though I suppose an air combo might be better? Those are just the ones I've used, dunno how practical they are.

If you have 8 stars, and you hit CH 6a, and you don't do the mugen combo for 60% life, I mean, I just don't get you? More than likely it'll kill them so why not kill them? Thank being said, here are useful special links. 214b (1), 63214c 214b, 236a 663214c, 214b (I've hit it in training mode with the computer teching as soon as possible, and it hit. If it doesn't work on people, I'll find out when I try it or if you guys tell me) I personally think that comboing into 623a, a is good even if you aren't in the corner, because it keeps them defenseless while you build meter and it carries them a pretty good distance so it can help you corner them faster, but that's just me. I don't know his special moves names, so you fancy pants people can just keep that ish to yourself :P I wonder if you can tk 63214c during 214b or 63214c or even 236a. It might not be worth the stars, but it also might be able to catch people off guard as an overhead since they probably won't be expecting it. Same with 214b, if you catch an opponent in the air blocking with a special, could you tk the 214b to guard break them into a combo since it can't be air blocked? Just some ideas... I'll have to test them later tonight. could be useful, who knows.

I just roll the joystick from forward to back after the 66 cause it's easier for me :D Don't be such a haaaaaater ;P And there's absolutely nothing wrong with going from anything into 623a, a, since that leads to his loop or bnb air combo. It's a waste of stars if you aren't hitting anything after it though :'(