Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JackG

[CT] Hakumen Combo Thread

Hi. I'm new with fighting games and i use for first time a Hori stick instead of a ps3 controller. I decided to play with Hakumen as main character, i learn some combo with him and i have some questions about it.

When you do this combo : j.C > 5C > 41236C > hjc.2C > j.2C > falling j.C > hjc.2C > j.2C > j.2C > 66 > j.2C > j.2C > falling j.C (corner), how do you do the high jump cancel ? My input is like this : 2C > 529 > j.2C but i miss a lot so i want to know if there is a easier or faster way to do that or if i just need more practice.

5C > 41236C must be a counter hit but j.C > 5C > 41236C is possible without, isn't it? I say that because i have some problem to link these moves (i try with easy special and mash the 41236C button but nothing come).

And last noob question, is it really so bad to mash button in match ? I mean, when i play online with stress and lag (must change timing of my combo each match i play according to the connection of my opponent), it's pretty hard to keep concentrated and don't mash button. I think practice is the key (maybe not for lag ^^) but think about match up, combos i can do according to megatama and situation, defence, keep calm down and play clean (don't mash buttons and good inputs) will take a lot of time :).

Thank you for your answer and sorry for my poor english.

I do 2C > 529 like you said but that's just what I've found I liked the best and practiced and got used to, I tried rolling it from 4 to 9 but imo that's just needlessly complicated and takes longer unless your stick doesn't return to neutral quickly, which it should. Also yeah, you don't need to return the stick to 5 yourself, that just makes it harder. I just hold 2 for the 2C, then release to go back to 5, then 259 all in a smooth motion. It just takes practice to get used to is all.

About button mashing, it depends on what you consider mashing. A lot of mashing during your combos is just wasted energy, and with most of haku-men's its literally impossible since they have specific timing and aren't just gatlings. Hell even his gatlings like 2a > 2a and 5a > 5a have a certain timing to them, you can't just mash. What this doesn't mean is that you have to press the button a single time for every move in the combo, you can double or triple tap buttons to ensure a move comes out with the correct timing. It's different from mashing in that its a controlled technique to make sure you don't drop the combo. It's not as necessary in BB since you can hold a button and it repeats the input for 5 frames but its still useful and I do it, just not on every move. for instance during 623a~a > jc > late j.C > 2C > sjc > j.2C > ad > j.C I hit all the inputs just once except on the landing 2C I will triple tap (mash) it because the timing on that can be tight and cause you to lose the combo fairly easily if you don't bring it do it immediately when you land.

hope that helped sorry if I wrote too much

I do 2C > 529 like you said but that's just what I've found I liked the best and practiced and got used to, I tried rolling it from 4 to 9 but imo that's just needlessly complicated and takes longer unless your stick doesn't return to neutral quickly, which it should. Also yeah, you don't need to return the stick to 5 yourself, that just makes it harder. I just hold 2 for the 2C, then release to go back to 5, then 259 all in a smooth motion. It just takes practice to get used to is all.

I also do roll from 2-9 when trying the super jump. I want to know if you can buffer this with 2C. Like if you press 2C and hold 2, the roll up to 9. Every time I tried to do this it would fail. I figured that 2C was just to slow and tried to do it later in the animation but all I get is a regular jump. I just can't quite wrap my head around taking my hand of the button and then performing the motion. When I do, it feel like I lose alot of time to land the j.2C.

8 star corner combo: 214B(1)~41236C, 5C~41236C, 2C, j.2C, falling j.C: ~7300 damage Pretty good damage, but it uses 100% meter. Though I have a feeling that I've just rehashed something that's already been said. And for even more damage, though much harder to start... (still in the corner) CH 6C, 214B(1)~41236C, 5C~41236C, 2C, jc j.B, djc j.2C, j.C: 9101 damage.

I may have found a rather unique (but hard to use) situational counter-throw combo: Successful 2D, IAD Throw, jC, 5C, and use whatever Star move you want. From 1 star you can do Firefly if your fast enough on the throw. I haven't tried throw loop on this because it isn't easy to pull off.

I may have found a rather unique (but hard to use) situational counter-throw combo:

Successful 2D, IAD Throw, jC, 5C, and use whatever Star move you want.

hmm...hard, situational and contains a nice 27 frame throw break window

blade you never cease to amaze me

A scrub is a guy that think he’s fly

And is also known as a buster

Always talkin bout what he wants

And just sits on his broke ass So

No, I don’t want your number

No, I don’t wanna give you mine and

No, I don’t wanna meet you no where

No, don’t want none of you time and…

No, I don’t want no scrub

A scrub is a guy that can’t get no love from me

Hangin out the passenger side

Of his best friends ride

tryin’ to holla at me

If they fail to break that throw you might as well just falling j.C>2C>air throw again because there's a good chance they don't know how to break throws. Gotten some good damage off chaining air throws since no one seems to expect it from Hakumen. The only part to watch out for is if you're off by a frame or two on the throw they'll tech and it'll go right through the invuln frame and leave you open for a counter hit.

holy shitt

If they fail to break that throw you might as well just falling j.C>2C>air throw again because there's a good chance they don't know how to break throws. Gotten some good damage off chaining air throws since no one seems to expect it from Hakumen. The only part to watch out for is if you're off by a frame or two on the throw they'll tech and it'll go right through the invuln frame and leave you open for a counter hit.

Throw breaks only seem to happen on ground against Jin or Ragna players from what I see, not many except maybe Nu and Arakune or Ragna use airthrows consistently enough that it could be broke, let alone from a D counter. Unless you abuse throw loop, I don't see it getting broken often, it's why I suggested jC, 5C, Zantetsu or something ground related as a followup instead of throw loop.

Throws can be beaten by option select and by reaction. And you do not surrender damage that early as hakumen. Again, why would you throw away guaranteed damage for a gimmick. If you ever throw it's at the end of a combo because at that point it won't hurt too much if they break it. You don't have enough chances to dish out damage as it is, for the love of god don't nerf yourself even further. Combo with throws are not combos. I don't know how many times I have said that already.

I think that is a neat find, blade, I love to find good setups for haku's air throw since it is sooo deadly. but i do agree that starting a combo with that is kind of a bad idea, unless you have no stars, but even then there is usually a much easier/safer option for same or better damage. His air throw shines when you plug it in after your proration is huge. If you manage to get it at the end of a long combo, your enemy is looking at eating another 2500 or so damage, when all of your other damage options would be reduced to double digits.

Hi everyone,

New to the forums. Haven't seriously played fighters in some time until BB. Quite a great game. Nice having a resource like this where i'm able to discuss Hakumen issues with other Hakumen players. Anyway, been practicing some Hakumen stuff and didn't notice if this was posted. I just figured it to be a reasonable 5 star option. You could do:

C>41236C>5C>623A>A>jump, f.C, land, 2C>j.2C, ad.C=5062

Its similar to 4r5's posted 4 star combo.

4 Star

• 214B(1)>623A>A>jump, f.C, land, 2C...

• C>214B(1)>623A>A>jump, f.C, land, 2C>sj.2C, ad.C = 4280

With just adding zantetsu and 5C instead of renka(1), produces reasonably more damage for the price of an extra star. I was working with CH6B stuff and just tried it out. thoughts?

I have trouble connecting j.C>2C after 623a~a. Either I whiff it or I am connecting it too early and the opponent recovers. So far my biggest success with this combo is in situations in which I start with C>623a~a from a very close distance. Its almost the same with 6D reversal. I see people jump in with j.C combo starter, but it doesnt work for me except when I am up close. Please help thanks ;)

I have the same problem. For now I've been just sitting in training with the opponent jumping trying to do just the 2C>j.2C loop part, but that's giving me trouble too. The biggest variable seems to be the height at which you j.C and as far as I know finding that just takes ridiculous amounts of practice. I guess my advice is just practice the j.C>2C part on a training dummy set to jump, since the 623AA is going to be the same every time. i've been playing Haku exclusively since console launch and can only get this part to work one of of maybe 20 times, so I'd like to think it's the hardest part of anything he has.

Well, after the 6D, are you using a forward super jump? It gives you the exact spacing needed to land the rest of it; make sure you land the j.C as close as you can to the ground, and press 2C right as you land. Might help to double or even triple tap for 2C. You should also wait a split second before you jc 623AA. This gets you the right vertical spacing for your opponent so it's easier to time the combo.

I disagree with the last part of the last post. IMO you want to jump as soon as the 623AA hits as it gives you a bigger window to actually hit the combo. You really shouldnt even bother looking at your opponent at this point in the combo. You're more focused on hitting the j.C as late as possible, as in right before you hit the ground. Haku-men's sword is fricken huge and you just have to trust that it'll hit sometimes. a few things of note though. If you counter hit the 623AA on certain characters (Rachel/carl) or if you catch them out of the air with it they'll be too high to do the normal follow up sometimes. If you got the counterhit you can follow up with super jump > falling j.C > combo, if not you have to settle into something > j.214B > xx or just j.2C > airdash j.2C xn if they're really far away as you do the 623AA like, you're barely reaching them, the combo will still pretty much work on the whole cast (minus random situations with carl/arakune) you just do the falling j.C a little EARLIER as you will be catching them with the latter half of his swing. Honestly I feel the timing is easier / more natural this way, but its something to get used to. But really you just have to be watching haku-men as you learn his combo timing as most characters in 90% of the situations will just naturally fall into the combo as long as you're doing the correct/normal timing. falling j.C as late as you can before they tech on mid-lightweights you'll almost always want to superjump after landing 2C as it nets more hits in the corner On tager/hakumen and people you happened to catch with a low 2C, a normal jump will generally get more damage as it can lead to a relaunch easier

A scrub is a guy that think he’s fly

And is also known as a buster

Always talkin bout what he wants

And just sits on his broke ass So

No, I don’t want your number

No, I don’t wanna give you mine and

No, I don’t wanna meet you no where

No, don’t want none of you time and…

No, I don’t want no scrub

Hangin out the passenger side

Of his best friends ride

tryin’ to holla at me

I fucking love you. No homo.

Throw breaks only seem to happen on ground against Jin or Ragna players from what I see, not many except maybe Nu and Arakune or Ragna use airthrows consistently enough that it could be broke, let alone from a D counter. Unless you abuse throw loop, I don't see it getting broken often, it's why I suggested jC, 5C, Zantetsu or something ground related as a followup instead of throw loop.

I break throws like no ones business. Seriously, you are not gonna do a throw on me unless its a counter throw or is in some other way unbreakable, AKA command throw. Especially Dem pink exclamations. You have half a second to break that.

Well in any case, I've been seeing alot of delayed jCs for some of the 2C loop combos, is the timing for that character specific or just low to the ground (i.e jC land 2C j2C airdash...)?

Got one not on the main page damage is a measly 2926 for far to many matagama but if its what you need to finish off the match it works. (5) 4BC throw, 623A,A, SJ, 214C I suspect a better haku player than i can make this combo better or worth while. It should be noted i can snag a C after the SJ with little effort, however, i have yet to combo that into the 214C after the fact. I have gotten a 214B to connect but its less damage than if you went for the basic combo listed.

I don't care that he's low tier, I've come to love Haku and now sub the guy. He's really more mobile than given credit for, and hits like a tank. Now, a few questions after raping the general online populace: - Any tension-less (magatama-less?) combos worthy of use? I find myself running out of stars fairly quickly, so long 0 star combos are what I look for (outside of j.2C loop, unless you can get that off with 0 stars). - What's the highest damage combo Haku possesses (outside of that 8 magatama super)? - Any more complete list of combos than what's in the first post? - If I hit with 236A (as first hit of the combo), what are my best choices of combos?