Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JackG

[CT] Hakumen Combo Thread

I find 66, j.214B to be pretty useless unless you are fighting someone what spams moves since j.214B isn't an overhead...

If you do that you have two options:

-Land and be punished.

-Jump and escape. (or keep pressure if your fighting someone who can't beat your j.c with an antiair.)

Not really worth I don't think, at least not for anything but a quick escape...unless I'm missing something here?

I find it useful as a part of his hop mixups to keep people honest. For example (opp blocking):

2b,2a,2a, hop into

-j.214c (overhead)

-j.214b (beats mashers/throw attempts)

-214b (low)

-dash in throw

-continue pressure with 2b again, or go for guard break strings

You'll really have to read your opponent to make all this useful, but it definitely has it's uses imo.

Maybe I should've posted this in the strat thread and not the combo thread. Oh well

you need dash hotaru because that's one of the main ways you can keep your opponent honest when you are dashing at them. It is fairly hard to punish because on block it's nearly even and if whiff they won't be in range to break out any major combos (because they will only be able to start a combo with their fastest poke). You won't be able to work off your dash mixup game (and more gimmicky versions) if you don't make them respect you when you dash at them. Shit like getting poked out of tsubaki will happen.

(9) 214B(1) > 41236C >623A~A > falling j.C > 2C > sj j.2C > ad j.2C> j.C > j.214B > tj j.C : 6718

Hey guys. Have a question about this combo. I don't quite understand how this is performed. I have no trouble until i attempt to connect the final three inputs (j.C > j.214B > tj j.C). So the problem is after i complete the ad.j.2C, i will jump cancel and C as soon as possible, but it seems that the recovery frames on the ad.j.2C allow the target to fall well out of the range once the jump cancel C comes out. I can't input the jump cancel C any quicker due to the recovery time of ad.j.2C. Do you have to be near corner for this to be completed?

i believe that IS a corner combo but i haven't done it myself. i'm pretty sure it's just j.2c, j.5c so there's no jump cancelling involved. (how can there? you just air dashed D:) and after that you do hotaru, and then j.C that's how i think of it at least. edit: i dunno if someone else mentioned it qwerty mentioned on srk that after tsubaki falling B will allow you to hit them when they're flat on the ground, and when you land you can do 5b and they'll be popped up again and then you can jump cancel into B and then again into C. a fun combo i made up was (unless it's already on the combo page? o_o probably not because it's crap damage) 5c > renka (both hits) > 2c > jump cancel > j.B > jump cancel > j.C > tsubaki > falling B> land> 5b> jump cancel > j.b > j.c> hotaru> j.C It's 7 stars for like 5000 damage or so but it looks super cool if you pull it out in a match. Of course you have to be in a corner, and i would rather just do renka to double zantetsu stuff :P

edit: i dunno if someone else mentioned it qwerty mentioned on srk that after tsubaki falling B will allow you to hit them when they're flat on the ground, and when you land you can do 5b and they'll be popped up again and then you can jump cancel into B and then again into C. a fun combo i made up was (unless it's already on the combo page? o_o probably not because it's crap damage) 5c > renka (both hits) > 2c > jump cancel > j.B > jump cancel > j.C > tsubaki > falling B> land> 5b> jump cancel > j.b > j.c> hotaru> j.C

It's 7 stars for like 5000 damage or so but it looks super cool if you pull it out in a match. Of course you have to be in a corner, and i would rather just do renka to double zantetsu stuff :P

There are ways to do that combo for less stars, and it doesn't require corner, it usually requires counter hit tho. For instance: (CH)6B>jc.falling.C>2C>jc.B>jc.C/B>tsubaki>falling.C>2C>sjc.airthrow>falling.C>5C

3 magatama.

The idea is you bounce them up with 6B, and let them hit the ground, then you jump on them and as you are falling you pick them up with a falling C. After that you can do alot of different combos, i wrote one out here that is a variation on yours, with a possible extension if you can land the air throw. Total damage is quite good with the air throw tacked on the end.

I've been messing around with Tsubaki combos, just for the heck of it, but it's still damaging stuff though they cost a lot. I'm sure these have been done before, but whatever. Examples: -> 2b -> Gurren -> 6c -> Shippu ~5300 -> 2b -> Renka (1) -> Zantetsu -> 5c/3c ~5500 -> Renka (1) -> Zantetsu -> 5c ~5512 -> 5c/2c -> Gurren -> 6c -> Shippu ~5500 -> Hotaru -> j.2c loop (can't tell dmg since I'm still getting the loop timing down :psyduck:) Now for something slightly different: (Close to corner) Hotaru -> Tsubaki -> 5c -> Zantetsu -> 2b -> 2c -> j.2c loop Hotaru -> Tsubaki -> 5c -> Zantetsu -> 3c ~5578 All are 8 stars except for the last Hotaru combo which is 6 stars. Also, Tsubaki/Hotaru have to be fairly low, especially on those last five combos. CH is not necessary, but it makes it a lot easier to pull off. Useful? Debatable, since there's better uses for 8 stars, and the fact you have to be so low for some of these would make them hard to pull of in a match. But at least it's fun stuff. Finally, I haven't found any Mugen loop combos in this thread. Any help here?

[214B (1) > 236A > 623A > 5C > 41236C (1)] xN is the basic loop. You can finish with 6C > shippu before mugen runs out for the best damage. There are a few others I know of, a tsubaki/hotaru loop and a shippu/yukikaze loop but I haven't bothered with them since all are only for show. This combo can be done off of a 6B CH > Mugen > 214B but the opponent will just burst so its not too useable.

There are ways to do that combo for less stars, and it doesn't require corner, it usually requires counter hit tho. For instance: (CH)6B>jc.falling.C>2C>jc.B>jc.C/B>tsubaki>falling.C>2C>sjc.airthrow>falling.C>5C

3 magatama.

The idea is you bounce them up with 6B, and let them hit the ground, then you jump on them and as you are falling you pick them up with a falling C. After that you can do alot of different combos, i wrote one out here that is a variation on yours, with a possible extension if you can land the air throw. Total damage is quite good with the air throw tacked on the end.

Have you tried performing this combo? Reason i ask is cuz first you can't tsubaki>falling C off a jump cancel, it has to be a super jump cancel. If you perform a regular jump cancel, haku is too close to the ground for the falling C to come out. Second, after u connect falling C>2C>super jump cancel, opponent is too far away to airthrow (midscreen). Best bet is to just j.2c after second super jump cancel.

(CH)6B>jc.falling.C>2C>sjc.JB>JC>tsubaki>falling.C>2C>sj.J2C>=3919, even this is a stretch-timing is rugged.

This combo can only be performed corner, and if you're corner, you might as well do guaranteed j.2c damage for the win than risk throw break:

(CH)6B>jc.falling.C>2C>jc.B>jc.C/B>tsubaki>falling.C>2C>sjc.airthrow>falling.C=5828(corner)

I've been messing around with Tsubaki combos [...]

To my previous post, I think they're good to do after a 6B(CH) since the stun is so long. If so, that would make them much more useable, and perhaps up the damage to ~6k though it doesn't reduce the cost. Can't test this yet, so it's speculation.

[214B (1) > 236A > 623A > 5C > 41236C (1)] xN is the basic loop. You can finish with 6C > shippu before mugen runs out for the best damage. There are a few others I know of, a tsubaki/hotaru loop and a shippu/yukikaze loop but I haven't bothered with them since all are only for show. This combo can be done off of a 6B CH > Mugen > 214B but the opponent will just burst so its not too useable.

Nice, I'll get to practicing the loop. I can probably do the Tsu/Ho loop since I practiced similar stuff just yesterday. But what's this about a shippu/yuki loop? First time I hear that one exists, and I'm not sure how it'd work.

5C seems to have lots of ground combo potential, but I'm having trouble using it properly to reset for double Zantetsus 41236C. I've seen it done though.

If someone could answer this, please.

It's a link. If you hit C and no C comes out, you hit the button too soon, you were still in recovery from 41236C. If C does come out but doesn't combo, then you hit the button too late, you waited too long.

236A>623A, 2C

It's a link. If you hit 2C and no 2C comes out, you hit the button too soon, you were still in recovery from 623A. If 2C does come out but doesn't combo, then you hit the button too late, you waited too long. (BB specific: Or the combo has too many hits.)

This is straight up execution. Hit the button, if it ain't working, then it either doesn't work or you need to practice more.

This is the answer for all your posts in the gameplay sections, and has been the answer you've been getting for years. There's no special trick to it. It's just execution. You either practice or you don't. You either hit the button at the right time, or you didn't.

What? after a 41236C, you hit C again and do it into another 41236C. that's it, no trick

yeah i agree, i don't think i understand what the hang up is. Oh unless you are trying that combo on tager. Tager can tech out of a lot of hakumen's ground combos where other people can't. Also if you are in mugen, almost anyone can tech out of your zantetsu>5C loop.

Tager and hakumen both have kind of wacky hitboxes. I think their hit box changes in size pretty dramatically once they are in hit stun, or on the ground. Both of them can get out of a lot of people's ground combos where no one else can, but air combos tend to be just as hard on them, if not harder because of how big they are. uhh if you want to see what i mean, litchi has all those long, juggle-you-across-the-stage kind of combos, and Hakumen can get out of most of em pretty early on. But good luck getting out of ragna's ground-to-air centric damage options.

Tager and hakumen both have kind of wacky hitboxes. I think their hit box changes in size pretty dramatically once they are in hit stun, or on the ground. Both of them can get out of a lot of people's ground combos where no one else can, but air combos tend to be just as hard on them, if not harder because of how big they are.

uhh if you want to see what i mean, litchi has all those long, juggle-you-across-the-stage kind of combos, and Hakumen can get out of most of em pretty early on. But good luck getting out of ragna's ground-to-air centric damage options.

I LOOOVEEE litchi's long combos they're so awesome i get like 3 stars each time and then i just counter when they try to pressure in corner and own for 40%+ lol. <3 litchi :D

and yeah that's weird as heck. I'd think you could do all kind of crap on 'em like the 6a loop on tager as haku lol.

It pains me to ask this, but what are some good setups for j2C loops? I don't mean the combos themselves, but rather, what situational tactics can I use to get into them?

j.2C you mean? well one easy way to start it in the corner is from renka. if you're knocked down in the corner, tech forward and then do renka. hitconfirm into zantetsu for more damage.

anytime you can get off a renka in the corner, you can get an air combo. usually something like Renka>2C/5B>air combo. I prefer other other kinds of air combos, but the j.2C loops are great if you don't have stars. also if you are midscreen or pushing the enemy towards the corner, you can use a counter-hit 6B to get them into the air and then push them to the corner. At the right distance you will finish pushing them to the corner with a j.2C and then air-dash and land another j.5C or j.2C(x2) that looks like this: 6B(ch)>jump>falling.C>2C/5B>jump cancel>air combo