Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JackG

[CT] Hakumen Combo Thread

my box rrod'ed, so I can't double check, but iirc it should work on everybody. the timing on the 6C is character specific

I can attest that it work with 2d :D btw can someone explain to me how to effectively use option select with haku's counter? like when, where it applies, where it does not? I'm pretty new to fighting games (started with SF4) so yah... thanks :D

This is how optionselects pretty much always work, in all games: If you can do them, then you always do them. An example, You can either do a 5D with no chance to throwbreak, or you can do a 5D with a chance to throwbreak. Take your pick. also, this is the combo thread. edit: also, I'm not sure I would call that an OS since you aren't thinking, "oh, he might throw me, so I'll OS between a throwbreak and a drive-counter." Since the idea of an OS is that all the possible outcomes workout in your favor, or are atleast better then not OSing at all. But like, ok you OS a throwbreak with a drive-counter, so you either break the throw, or you randomly d-coutner something, or you get hella punished. It's better to not use this 'OS' at all or OS a throwbreak with a barrier. This isn't so much an option-select as it is a superior way of doing the d-coutners. more edits: also, I like to call this stuff throwbreak-install.

This is how optionselects pretty much always work, in all games: If you can do them, then you always do them.

An example, You can either do a 5D with no chance to throwbreak, or you can do a 5D with a chance to throwbreak. Take your pick.

also, this is the combo thread.

edit: also, I'm not sure I would call that an OS since you aren't thinking, "oh, he might throw me, so I'll OS between a throwbreak and a drive-counter." Since the idea of an OS is that all the possible outcomes workout in your favor, or are atleast better then not OSing at all. But like, ok you OS a throwbreak with a drive-counter, so you either break the throw, or you randomly d-coutner something, or you get hella punished. It's better to not use this 'OS' at all or OS a throwbreak with a barrier.

This isn't so much an option-select as it is a superior way of doing the d-coutners.

more edits: also, I like to call this stuff throwbreak-install.

ohh that makes more sense. Thanks :D

Can I ask, regarding 5D throw break option select, I mapped my throw B+C to R1, will it still work? If I just do R1+D?

try doing D~R1 instead of both at the same time. Like Guilty Gear, theres a "button priority" with A at the highest and D at the lowest, so if you input D+C+B you'll just get a throw whiff.

more edits: also, I like to call this stuff throwbreak-install.

a little irrelevant but I've always called it escape install myself.

sorry to throw this thread ON topic but.... when u guys 6d (on tager especially, where i noticed this) isn't it sometimes odd when u do j.2c? sometimes it'll whiff completely and other times it'll hit normally. most of the times when i 6d in a match i'll just walk forward a few steps and then normal jump and continue. in training though i tried doing super jump (which works) but both ways j.2c would randomly whiff o_O just wonderin...

perhaps im just terrible, but what is the timing for the second A in 236 A, and why in the combo vids is it a launcher? because for some reason i cant even get that basic combo off :(.

perhaps im just terrible, but what is the timing for the second A in 236 A, and why in the combo vids is it a launcher?

because for some reason i cant even get that basic combo off :(.

do you mean 623AA? as in uppercut A>A? or quarter circle forwards A? because what you are seeing in a lot of combo videos is probably those two moves done in quick succession.

my box rrod'ed, so I can't double check, but iirc it should work on everybody. the timing on the 6C is character specific

did it rrod like this?: http://kotaku.com/5345567/distressed+look-360-up-for-sale-on-ebay

:gonk:

if so, are you okay?

it's actually 623a-a you can pretty much hit the second a right after you hit the first one.

good post tage.

in all seriousness, u answered the question w/o feeling it necessary to make some kind of smug-trollish comment in an attempt to somehow pump your own nads by thinking ur funny (unlike others on this board)

good post tage.

in all seriousness, u answered the question w/o feeling it necessary to make some kind of smug-trollish comment in an attempt to somehow pump your own nads by thinking ur funny (unlike others on this board)

are alluding that the above post is sounding smug? o_o

no, not at all. i'm completely serious cuz its a good post.

he answered the question

i'm referencing others who don't do this...

oh... probably alluding to me.....

for that i'm sorry :vbang:

at least your question was answered though. mine was left ignored :\

oh... probably alluding to me.....

for that i'm sorry :vbang:

at least your question was answered though. mine was left ignored :\

Actually no, i appreciate your posts. in response to your question, which j.2C are you referring to? like for example in:

6D>superjump, f.C>2C>j.2C>ad. j.2C

is it the initial j.2C that you find randomly whiffing?

Actually no, i appreciate your posts. in response to your question, which j.2C are you referring to? like for example in:

6D>superjump, f.C>2C>j.2C>ad. j.2C

is it the initial j.2C that you find randomly whiffing?

yes D:

it happened on a jin earlier today too... it's just totally random lol

yes D:

it happened on a jin earlier today too... it's just totally random lol

super jump into the j.2C and it should always land. Also you don't need to superjump from the 6D into the j.C, walking forward a bit and jumping in is enough if you super jump into the j.2C to compensate.

Also Watoo24's question was already answered but I just wanted to clarify that 236A combos into 623A~A so that might be the cause of the confusion since he said when he was watching videos is seemed like it launched off a second hit.

super jump into the j.2C and it should always land. Also you don't need to superjump from the 6D into the j.C, walking forward a bit and jumping in is enough if you super jump into the j.2C to compensate.

Also Watoo24's question was already answered but I just wanted to clarify that 236A combos into 623A~A so that might be the cause of the confusion since he said when he was watching videos is seemed like it launched off a second hit.

i always super jump! xD

for some reason i have this innate reason that maybe it's the timing on the falling C? (virtually no timing) but depending on the spacing it'll hit more often? :o

i always super jump! xD

for some reason i have this innate reason that maybe it's the timing on the falling C? (virtually no timing) but depending on the spacing it'll hit more often? :o

I'd have to see it to know exactly what's going wrong but as long as the j.C connects the j.2C should be able to connect. Maybe you're just hitting it too late and they're teching?

I'd have to see it to know exactly what's going wrong but as long as the j.C connects the j.2C should be able to connect. Maybe you're just hitting it too late and they're teching?

maybe.. D:

do you know the active frames for j2.c off the top of your head? o_o

okay next stupid question. on combo 4(from the DVD) for some reason i cant get the timing on the j.c.>2c. any tips? on top of that when i do actually get the timing, i drop the combo into the first 2c... again any tips?

okay next stupid question. on combo 4(from the DVD) for some reason i cant get the timing on the j.c.>2c. any tips?

on top of that when i do actually get the timing, i drop the combo into the first 2c... again any tips?

the only real tip is to see when hakumen's legs spring up towards his chest. other than that though, you just need to practice. might be frustrating but you'll get it eventually.

I'm looking for some good combos that start off 3c CH. So far, I just use -> 2c -> j.c or j.2c loop, which only does 2~2.5k at best, and going from 3c -> 2c is very inconsistent. Any help? Now, for something different. How about listing the flashiest combos we know? They aren't necessarily practical, but they always go for the "wow" factor. Stuff I know: Renka -> Zan -> 5c -> Enma -> air throw -> f.C -> 2c loop. Yeah, lots of stars for setting up an air throw, but I like imagining scrub's eyes popping out. For sheer damage, I like: 6c CH -> Renka -> Zan -> 5c -> Zan -> 2c loop. 8k+ in the corner. Damn. Only problem is that you have to set up a close 6c CH, and the Renka link is a hard one, not to mention the 8 star cost. Yeah, flashy and big damage, but impractical in practice.