Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JackG

[CT] Hakumen Combo Thread

You probably don't get the loop, due to decreasing untech time.

As I recall, I've gotten in at least 1-2 j.2c's in before it drops. Or I can't IAD in fast enough. Either way, it goes OVER 9000!! if you get the loop going.

... I couldn't resist. I'll see myself out now.

As I recall, I've gotten in at least 1-2 j.2c's in before it drops. Or I can't IAD in fast enough. Either way, it goes OVER 9000!! if you get the loop going.

... I couldn't resist. I'll see myself out now.

WHAT?!!! 9000?!!!!! THIS IS MADNESS THAT YOU SPEAK OF, IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!

BTW does anyone have any combos with a CH 3c? I was watching a match of Kurushii where he did 6b>renka(214b) but as I am in training mode i cannot seem to emulate it since my 6b i believe the term used is "whiffed" after the 3c CH three outta four attempts.

^ Yeah, that's what I do. But like I said earlier above, going into 2c is inconsistent. Anything better? Btw, is RC at all useful with Haku? He doesn't combo like other chars, so I don't see much opportunity for it.

WHAT?!!! 9000?!!!!! THIS IS MADNESS THAT YOU SPEAK OF, IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!

BTW does anyone have any combos with a CH 3c? I was watching a match of Kurushii where he did 6b>renka(214b) but as I am in training mode i cannot seem to emulate it since my 6b i believe the term used is "whiffed" after the 3c CH three outta four attempts.

its just about the timing. even i got it down within 5 minutes when i gave up on mashing 6b and just input it once just after haku recovered from 3c.

im actually only using 3C>6B>236A>6A easy damage and really un upmessable. i guess renka can be used too after the 6B but i actually never even tryed it...

p.s. Hi im new here^^"

^ Yeah, that's what I do. But like I said earlier above, going into 2c is inconsistent. Anything better?

Btw, is RC at all useful with Haku? He doesn't combo like other chars, so I don't see much opportunity for it.

2c is the good choice, or just do another 3c if you want to have the advantage over your opponent (what i do)

But like I said earlier above, going into 2c is inconsistent. Anything better?

If you can do it once, you can do it again. Practice more.

If you want to spend some stars, you can do 214B into whatever. (iirc)

If you can do it once, you can do it again. Practice more.

If you want to spend some stars, you can do 214B into whatever. (iirc)

yes you can. but it's preferable to be close since most people do renka-zantetsu? i do at least :psyduck:

Only thing i've figured out to do with RC for haku is mixup, but that's generally only worth pursuing if you get a strong yomi, and its only worth practicing once you've run out of other things to practice. It's also nice for saving your ass sometimes. Example: in one match, i landed an airdash>j.C way early against Tager, and i was like, oh gosh im gonna eat a tager buster, so i RC'd and used another falling.C to put more space between us, landed then did 6C>Shippu and won the round. In retrospect, RC was actually not the only option to save me there, i probably could have just poked him, but it was a safe option and it worked out well. But in terms of combos i haven't seen anything that makes the stars worth RC'ing rather than just using a special cancel.

It's also nice for saving your ass sometimes. Example: in one match, i landed an airdash>j.C way early against Tager, and i was like, oh gosh im gonna eat a tager buster, so i RC'd and used another falling.C to put more space between us, landed then did 6C>Shippu and won the round. In retrospect, RC was actually not the only option to save me there, i probably could have just poked him, but it was a safe option and it worked out well.

next time tager guards your jump ins and you don't feel like getting punished, use hotaru instead.

hell, i'd wager as to say any time tager guards your jump in, following up with hotaru is always a good idea. he can't really bait it with anything and the worst that happens is he guards it (it's safe on guard) and you spent quarter meter. whereas the best case scenario is that it lands and then you do whatever combo you want (5C zantetsu, 5C enma dustloop, 6C shippu, basically whatever).

Hey I'm a scrub. I know hakumen should be able to kick ass in the corner, especially with j.2C. So I've been trying to practice this combo, but I am consistently getting stuck on one part of it. in the combo, C>214B, 2C> j.2C, f.C, land, 2C>sj.2C, 2C, ad.2C, 2C, C = 4586 I do C>214B, 2C> j.2C rather well, but just as I hit the Taokaka practice dummy with j.2C, I can never land the f.C on the way down. It seems like the initial j.2C is pushing me too far away and makes me miss just barely. Can I get any help? A vid of this combo might help me understand what I'm doing wrong, as well.

also wanted to clarify it's a super jump forward too.. if you're just jumping neutral it's gonna be too far. otherwise it should work every time, even on carl.

next time tager guards your jump ins and you don't feel like getting punished, use hotaru instead.

hell, i'd wager as to say any time tager guards your jump in, following up with hotaru is always a good idea. he can't really bait it with anything and the worst that happens is he guards it (it's safe on guard) and you spent quarter meter. whereas the best case scenario is that it lands and then you do whatever combo you want (5C zantetsu, 5C enma dustloop, 6C shippu, basically whatever).

are you absolutely sure its safe? i could have sworn i've been atomic collider'd on block. maybe i was whiffing tho. I'll definitely practice it tho, if you think that is always the better option. They need to give hakumen some moves that make RC worth while. and maybe something to help him move on the ground. in fact, he needs jack hound for 3 magatama. :eng101:

Only thing i've figured out to do with RC for haku is mixup, but that's generally only worth pursuing if you get a strong yomi, and its only worth practicing once you've run out of other things to practice.

It's also nice for saving your ass sometimes. Example: in one match, i landed an airdash>j.C way early against Tager, and i was like, oh gosh im gonna eat a tager buster, so i RC'd and used another falling.C to put more space between us, landed then did 6C>Shippu and won the round. In retrospect, RC was actually not the only option to save me there, i probably could have just poked him, but it was a safe option and it worked out well.

But in terms of combos i haven't seen anything that makes the stars worth RC'ing rather than just using a special cancel.

Still, you gotta admit 6C-RC-6C-RC-6C i pretty funny.

are you absolutely sure its safe? i could have sworn i've been atomic collider'd on block. maybe i was whiffing tho. I'll definitely practice it tho, if you think that is always the better option. They need to give hakumen some moves that make RC worth while. and maybe something to help him move on the ground. in fact, he needs jack hound for 3 magatama. :eng101:

Delayed hotaru on air entry is one of the basics. It opens up your AD game. Otherwise everyone will just spam you to death when they think you are going to jump in on them.

Delayed hotaru on air entry is one of the basics. It opens up your AD game. Otherwise everyone will just spam you to death when they think you are going to jump in on them.

Pardon my ignorance. I'm trying to improve my Hakumen game, sitting around a 48% win rate right now. What do you mean by delayed hotary on air entry?

Airdashes, especially highly choreographed ones like haku-men's are really easy to anti-air and most people are gonna see haku-men air-dash and think "easy combo incoming" so you delay a hotaru until late in the dash and then input it as they attempt an anti-air and watch hotaru beat it ~ combo.

An additional note, hotaru and (I believe) Tsubaki both have body attribute, so sticking out either will beat any aa they throw out. It's just that you can actually combo after hotaru, but near the end of a round (say, the other guy has bursted), it's not a bad idea to bait with an obviously AD, and then stick out tsubaki for a nice 3k+ one hit to end the round. Hakumen's offense comes down to bait, bait, and more bait. You make up for your shitty moves by making them think twice about punishing anything.

Thanks for the reminder, i always forget about how important hotaru is to keeping hakumen safe/baiting combos. Any specific uses for it against zoners? specifically Nu, Rachel, and Arakune.

Hotaru doesn't hit body only Tsubaki does. Moves with invincibility to Head attribute will beat out Hotaru on less you do it late enough.