Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JackG

[CT] Hakumen Combo Thread

Random corner combos, mostly useless: 0 orbs, corner: CH 3c, 2c > j2c, jc land 5c 2740 damage, delay the jc, somewhat impractical? looks sweet though 0 orbs, you in corner: 4bc, 2c > j2c, jc 2864, pretty cool 0 orbs, corner: 6bc, 5a > ja, jb > dja, jb 2761, looks like a johnny combo (i.e. so awesome) throw 5a works on Ragna, probably won't work on everyone though edit: 0 orbs, corner: 6bc, 5a > ja, jb > dj2c, jc 3128, doesn't look as cool 5 orbs, cornerish: 6c > 632146c > 623a, 2c > j2c, jc 5722 damage, too low to really do airdash and more j2c's (maybe on tager? probably not, haven't tried) 8 orbs, you in corner: 5d/2d, 5c > 214b(1) > 41236c, 5c > 41236c, 3c 7138/6688 damage depending on 5d vs 2d, slightly better/easier than the ones 4r5 listed 8 orbs, you in corner: 5d, 5c > 214b(1) > 41236c, 2c > j2c, jc > j214c, land 3c 7181, delay the jc a little (like always), a little bit harder If they burst, this is better, since you save 3 orbs till the end 8 orbs, corner: CH 6[c], 214b(1) > 41236c, 5c > 41236c, 2c > j2c > jc 9248 damage, obviously not practical, but i was trying to max out damage without mugen :8/: can anyone beat this? :v:

First off awesome job 4r5. Back to training for me. Second, because i like spending time working on stuff that will almost certainly be useless: I've been screwing around with haku's rushdown game...or rather lack there of. I can usually land the one or two big combo's needed to get my opponent to burst, but I hate waiting for yet another opening when I know a small solid combo should end it. This probably comes from years of mostly playing rushdown and mixup characters. Lately, especially if I've been turtling and wind up with 8 stars(yay v-13), i've been using variations of 2B > 2147C > 214B. Basically most predictably block the low and the tigerkneed overhead, and will usually move to punish and tend to eat the 214B thanks to its invincibility frames. Of course the problem is that it's kinda hard to mixup since you don't have the stars to try and do it more than once, but it's helped me win a few matches. If mugen ever becomes viable it can actually be useful during his 10 seconds of pressure, but i find that most just choose to turtle up. On the upside it's pretty damn safe at least.

Hakumen's mixup game is simple. Work everything off a hop. You basically have three options. 1. hop and 2b. 2. hop and tsubaki (during the hop, of course). 3. hop and throw. That's it. If any of them hit, burn some magatama to dish out damage, and then continue with your pressure. Otherwise, go back to poking. Do NOT burn all your magatama just trying to get in the first hit (don't burn more than 4 tops, even that's pushing it) unless you are going for the kill. Mix in his frame trap game on top of that, and Hakumen has a passable offense (still utter crap compare to rest of the cast though).

i half wish they would take away his 41236C so no one ever expected highs from him from playing scrubby haku-mens with only one way to deal damage, move is garbage when playing against decent people

Why? just tell them Hakumen's secret; None of his specials hit low, so if you see him activate any special, block high. oh wow, there goes his scrub offense.

why? Just tell them hakumen's secret;

none of his specials hit low, so if you see him activate any special, block high.

Oh wow, there goes his scrub offense.

214b?

I mean its not somethin you can rely on, but I have seen plenty of people get a little overhead happy with their blocking and if they're cornered I'll use 214B sometimes to keep em honest as it'll beat a lot of moves that 2B doesn't have the speed/priority to beat, and it works as a frametrap as it ends it usually leaves them right at the tip of 5C range (main reason I use it, while HOPING it hits :p), note: don't do it as a trap against a char like ragna or litchi or you're gonna east a CH 5B in the face

and a 214B combo starter in the corner? :toot:

Heh, i don't really use renka in my frame trap game. In fact, i think I only use it in combos. Guess I could start using it as a bit of a gimmick. Once in awhile can't hurt. And trust me, I don't have the balls to fuck with either of those fast long range pokes. I will just keep blocking thank you (unless I feel like I can sneak an enma in there :o).

Heh, i don't really use renka in my frame trap game. In fact, i think I only use it in combos.

Guess I could start using it as a bit of a gimmick. Once in awhile can't hurt.

And trust me, I don't have the balls to fuck with either of those fast long range pokes. I will just keep blocking thank you (unless I feel like I can sneak an enma in there :o).

i really need to learn what his specials are called >.> (goes to look up "enma")

edit, ah the uppercut...would that beat a ragna 5B? how bout his 5C?

5b yes, you punch him squarely in the groin. 5c I don't think so. Edit: 5c no. Because I just remembered ragna can use 5c to otg someone off the ground, so it hits too low for you to go under it.

2 Star

• 214B

• C>214B = 2236
  • 236A>623A, 2C... (236A connects on air hit)

6B>236A>623A, 2C>j.2C, ad.C = 2391

• 214B, 2C... (corner)

C>214B, 2C>j.2C, f.C, land, 2C>sj.2C, 2C, ad.2C, 2C, C = 4586

2 stars, midscreen, works on everyone except maybe Carl: (optional super late j.C, land,) (5C or 5B (most practical after j.C) or 6A)>623A-A>9, f.C, land, 2C>29, j.2C, j66, j.2C, (possible j.2C or j.C) = 3.1-3.8k

214B might end up being better for corner combos due to reverse proration.

9 = jump forward

29 = super jump forward

j66 = air dash

You mentioned that you hadn't messed around with crouching combos, but are there really any? I know 236A on crouching combos into 2A, but that's pretty much useless. Also 5B DOESN'T hit most crouching, but other than that I think all his combos don't really matter for stand/crouch.

the only crouching I could figure with haku is 3c 2b 4b jump 6a 214c, 214b you can try to catch them with a 236a or what ever you feel like following up with.

6c (CH crouching) > 6c > shippu.

Edit: This depends on range and other factors. See my next post.

the only crouching I could figure with haku is 3c 2b 4b jump 6a 214c, 214b you can try to catch them with a 236a or what ever you feel like following up with.

You can't combo after 3C unless it's a CH. Doesn't matter if they crouch.

Also, 5B can hit crouching opponents if they're in hitstun. So j.C 5B will combo vs crouching opponents as well as standing ones.

If you stick out 6c at the safe distances (ie, near maximum range), the most efficient way to dish out damage is another 6c follow by shippu.

After a CH 6C:

Opponent is crouching:

That's true if you're at midscreen and have 4 stars and are at a range where the sword part of 632146C will hit. It's also true if 632146C will kill the opponent. If the opponent is near a corner it's better to do 623A, etc. Same deal if you have less than 4 stars or you're at a range where the sword part of 632146C won't hit.

Opponent is standing:

At 6C's very furthest ranges I don't think you can follow-up a CH with anything besides 632146C.

Opponent is in the air:

Probably 236A, etc. Pretty sure you don't have enough time for the second 6C if they're in the air anyway.