Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JackG

[CT] Hakumen Combo Thread

speaking of renka gimmicks, something i've done that seems to work alot is to jump in, land, and renka as soon as you land. they're either going to be blocking high because they expect a j.C or they're going to try and AA you with 6A/uppercut. if you land outside of their 6A range you can usually still land renka. uppercuts you just barrier i guess.

sure, but my initial post posted the conditions of Counter hit and crouching already. I know what to do after 6c >.>;

My bad, you probably read the posts before I organized them for clarity. Even if the 6C is a counter hit and the opponent is crouching and you're fairly far away there are situations where you can get better damage. You may also not have or want to spend 4 stars.

You're right the combo doesn't actually start until the 2b but I find the 3c makes the 4b easier to connect after the 2b yes I said 4b, but it's not really fool proof and we only work if you catch your opponent in the air after the 2b before he recovers. It's one of those rare occurrences and probably not worth the inconvenience, my bad I got too excited when it landed a couple of times and posted in a rush thinking it was good combo.

after trying it some more the 3c knocks them off their feet and brings them to you, while the 2b knocks them back and the 4b or 5b witch ever is easier knocks them in the air that's where you can follow up with a couple 6a's to a 214c or a regular c. It works better but the timing has to be right with the 4b or 5b I like 5b better. I can't hit a lot more consistently now.

just wonderin if anyone has expieremented with connecting other attacks besides 236A off of a throw. I know 623AA connects, and seem to remember doing 214B, but I'm not getting it to connect right now, so maybe I'm going crazy or something.

backthrow and both throws in corner, you get 214B. I never really bother with 623A>A, I just use the two stars for 236A>23A,2C

I'm almost positive you can land 214B off the front throw midscreen as well if you input it so it comes out just after the hit. It's my usual follow up when i have 5 stars+ since it's probably the easiest way to hit confirm the 214B, 63214C combo's. Annnnnd i was going to double check that but i forgot the xbox is elsewhere. Am i going crazy?

I know we talked about air throws mid cobo earlier, but just wanted to list some damage:

5 Stars:

42136C-> 623AA -> jc Air throw-> j.C= 5579

7 Stars:

214B(1)->42136->623AA->jc air throw->j.C = 6509 damage (can also be done in corner with two hits off of 214B, but that lowers the damage to around 6330.)

I'm not sure, but I think at the right throw height these could continue into 2C->j.2C I'm having trouble pulling it off because I either am too low for the j.C to come out or too high and they tech before I can get the 2C out due to falling time.

I'm almost positive you can land 214B off the front throw midscreen as well if you input it so it comes out just after the hit. It's my usual follow up when i have 5 stars+ since it's probably the easiest way to hit confirm the 214B, 63214C combo's. Annnnnd i was going to double check that but i forgot the xbox is elsewhere. Am i going crazy?

Thats what I thought too, I haven't been able to duplicate it though even though I remember doing it multiple times.

EDIT: Just confirmed it on the back throw. You have to input after the exclamation point but before haku actually does the throw. The 214B basically replaces the throw damage. Haven't been able to do it on a foward throw yet.

EDIT 2: Apparently any special can be done this way, and connect off of hakus back throw. Easy zanketsu ftw! The throw does reduce the damage significantly though.

EDIT 3: This is a really strange jump in thing, but j.2C->j.214C->2C combos. I assume it has no practical application, but its kinda a funny hit.

EDIT 4: All of this is on Rachel, whew, thats alot of edits!

Ok i drove over to the other place just to get the xbox to test this(ok that and i missed blazblue).

At least on jin you can forward throw to 214B and get the damage for both, and as far as i can tell get all 1 and 2 hit follow ups for 214B.

edit:

Just tested on most of the cast(minus big characters):

Works on everyone but carl and rachel.

Backthrow only on rachel.

Neither on carl. I think. I might have input the back throw badly. Definitely not front throw though.

I didn't miss some post that specified we were talking about rachel specific combo's did I? I mean i just checked but i've done dumber things so...

Counter edit:

This is a really strange jump in thing, but j.2C->j.214C->2C combos. I assume it has no practical application, but its kinda a funny hit.

Well it leads to 623A~A(not 236A 236A oddly enough) which can then lead to the usual followups. Damage probably isn't star efficient though. Still nice to know at least.

Ok i drove over to the other place just to get the xbox to test this(ok that and i missed blazblue).

At least on jin you can forward throw to 214B and get the damage for both, and as far as i can tell get all 1 and 2 hit follow ups for 214B.

edit:

Just tested on most of the cast(minus big characters):

Works on everyone but carl and rachel.

Backthrow only on rachel.

Neither on carl. I think. I might have input the back throw badly. Definitely not front throw though.

I didn't miss some post that specified we were talking about rachel specific combo's did I? I mean i just checked but i've done dumber things so...

No, never did, I just mentioned rachel because thats who I was in training mode with. didn't try any other characters.

as for carl, somethign really strange happens if you try to back throw->214B him, he ends up behind haku, looks almost like a glitch. Back throw->214A, 623AA and back throw Zanketsu all still work though.

Good to know. I was worried i'd really lost it for a moment there.

aslo

I never really bother with 623A>A, I just use the two stars for 236A>23A,2C

I'm assuming this is corer or requires a dash or some positioning because I can't get it midscreen at all.

I can do the falling j.C-land-2C pretty consistently, but I can not for the life of me get the j.2C-ad j.2C to connect. I mean, I can get it to connect but it's not a true combo, the last j.2C is techable. Is there some sort of trick? Can I cancel out of the recovery of the j.2C with an air dash in order to combo another j.2C? I tried to do that but apparently you can't, unless of course I'm timing it wrong.

It might be character specific and dependent on how the j2C hits, but regardless the timing is tight. Or rather i feel it's like a lot of Hakumen's combos, like the falling JC, 2C, sj2C. It's damn hard at first and if you didn't know it was possible you'd probably stop trying, but oddly enough once you actually land it just a few times and have a rough idea of the timing it becomes a hell of a lot easier. Then it's just getting it to be consistent.

Ahh. I see, so a lot of experimentation with timing is required. I didn't think this would be this difficult, it looks so simple to do.:psyduck:

I feel like I might have mentioned that dashing j.214C doesn't combo into 5c or 2c, but I was dead wrong, so I apologize if I've mentioned that on the forums here and you guys took my word on it. that overhead just got a little bit sexier since you can do (in corner): j.214C > 2C > sj j.2C > j.C > land 2C > sj j.2C > j.2C > ad j.2C > j.2C > j.C for 4878 damge, 3 stars. Also something kind of cute is off of a forward throw, you can do (tested on Rachel). BC > 236A > walk forward a bit 5C > 236A > 6C -3608 damage, 2 stars as opposed to the standard: BC > 236A > 6C - 3068 damage, 1 star so it's a tight timing, but you get 600 more damage for an extra star. Seems ok. And on the note of Rachel, I noticed in the corner if you throw you whiff the first hit of 214B (the good hit). You can delay it to hit with both, but then you're relatively far away. What are your guys' corner throw Rachel combos? Right now I'm just doing throw > 41236C > 5C for easy damage and corner knockdown.

You gotta cancel in to the 214C late in the dash, for the 5C or 2C to combo. If you missed my post about it. And are wondering why sometimes you get the combo and sometimes you don't.

Also, on Rachel (with her fatty hitbox) you get 41236C > 6C. With 7 stars you can get a super too but hell the extra from 6C versus 5c is just gravy. edit: works on Tager too, noone else though.

xN is a somewhat mathematical term, and pretty much just means "do this following move as many times as possible." Hakumen's j.2C can pretty much be repeated as many times as you can until the opponent is too far away. Basically how many times you can do the j.2C depends on the character, the height, and distance to corner, so I just label it as xN for you to figure out. 623a~a means you do 623a and then hit a again for the followup uppercut attack. (0) or (2) just means how many stars the combo requires out of your total of 8. high jump most likely means super jump (down, then up) and not simply double jumping.

xN is a somewhat mathematical term, and pretty much just means "do this following move as many times as possible." Hakumen's j.2C can pretty much be repeated as many times as you can until the opponent is too far away. Basically how many times you can do the j.2C depends on the character, the height, and distance to corner, so I just label it as xN for you to figure out.

623a~a means you do 623a and then hit a again for the followup uppercut attack.

(0) or (2) just means how many stars the combo requires out of your total of 8.

high jump most likely means super jump (down, then up) and not simply double jumping.

Thank you.

You might see some of these else where. So here are the traditional meanings. (X), when suffixed to a move, means to only do the first X hits of the move. Hakumen example, 214B(1)>41236C, means to do 214B, then cancel to 41236C before the second hit of 214B. ~, means that the time between the two button presses is shorter then the usual. A~B means you would hit B sooner then you would with A,B.

Hi. I'm new with fighting games and i use for first time a Hori stick instead of a ps3 controller. I decided to play with Hakumen as main character, i learn some combo with him and i have some questions about it. When you do this combo : j.C > 5C > 41236C > hjc.2C > j.2C > falling j.C > hjc.2C > j.2C > j.2C > 66 > j.2C > j.2C > falling j.C (corner), how do you do the high jump cancel ? My input is like this : 2C > 529 > j.2C but i miss a lot so i want to know if there is a easier or faster way to do that or if i just need more practice. 5C > 41236C must be a counter hit but j.C > 5C > 41236C is possible without, isn't it? I say that because i have some problem to link these moves (i try with easy special and mash the 41236C button but nothing come). And last noob question, is it really so bad to mash button in match ? I mean, when i play online with stress and lag (must change timing of my combo each match i play according to the connection of my opponent), it's pretty hard to keep concentrated and don't mash button. I think practice is the key (maybe not for lag ^^) but think about match up, combos i can do according to megatama and situation, defence, keep calm down and play clean (don't mash buttons and good inputs) will take a lot of time :). Thank you for your answer and sorry for my poor english.

First thing, 5c will not go into zantetsu unless 5c is a first hit and a counter hit. 5c will also go into zantetsu if you have your opponent otg. Second, for hakumen since he doesn't have an air 236 move, I just roll the stick 2369 then hold it back to 1. For characters like Jin that has an air fireball you cannot do that, you will need to skip 3 and do 269 (skip 6 too if you can, but it's not necessary), otherwise you see people just fire a shot for no reason. button mashing is bad in general. For hakumen, you cannot mash because all his stuff are links, meaning if you mash, you are asking to get killed even harder. Good luck.

button mashing is bad in general. For hakumen, you cannot mash because all his stuff are links, meaning if you mash, you are asking to get killed even harder.

^ this is something I've really had to focus on making the transition to hakumen. Ive been inclined in the past to mash lows while i sort of thought about what i was getting ready to do. playing haku kind of forces you -- more than other characters -- to be more precise with inputs. Connecting a 2A, then having a second 2A blocked right away is pretty disheartening.

if you hit a 2a you should probably just go into a special move and combo. i really dont know if its better, but its a habit of mine and it seems to work well.