Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JackG

[CT] Hakumen Combo Thread

You have tensionless combos only if you can land some kind of AA in the corner. Highest damage output haku has is 9 magatama corner off 6c CH at 9190 for me. landing gurren and you can: If CH: 6c and super. All cases: enma into normal combo.

I don't care that he's low tier, I've come to love Haku and now sub the guy. He's really more mobile than given credit for, and hits like a tank.

Now, a few questions after raping the general online populace:

- Any tension-less (magatama-less?) combos worthy of use? I find myself running out of stars fairly quickly, so long 0 star combos are what I look for (outside of j.2C loop, unless you can get that off with 0 stars).

- What's the highest damage combo Haku possesses (outside of that 8 magatama super)?

- Any more complete list of combos than what's in the first post?

- If I hit with 236A (as first hit of the combo), what are my best choices of combos?

Tager hits like a tank, Hakumen hits more like an APC or RPG(since you use a combo once and they have to wait for your magatama to reload).

The starless combo I've found to be the most useful is to land a j.C as close to the ground as possible since the landing cancels out the recovery and immediately do a 2C or 3C and if you timed it right it'll combo. 2C is better if they're in the air or you think they'll jump because it's air unblockable(has to be IB'ed or barriered) then you can go into the j.2C loop from it but if they're on the ground or you aren't sure about the timing the 3C will be better since it's faster and hits low (apparently people have a hard time block low immediately after jump attacks) and since j.C counts as an overhead it's a pretty good mix up.

The highest damage combo he has would probably be the j.2C loop since any long series of specials would be only practical in Mugen (which you ruled out). He also has an airthrow loop but that's throws so you're likely not going to get much of any damage from it because they'll throw break after one rendition and it uses the same moves as the j.2C loop so you might as well do that instead for guaranteed (albeit lesser) damage. You could probably even extend the j.2C loop after the airdash and a j.2C with a j.214B since you can then jump up (it resets air options) and get in some more j.2Cs and a j.C or j.214C finish but that completely defeats the efficiency of the j.2C loops.

I guess it all depends on how the 236A hits. If you get a counter hit yo can do pretty much anything, if you get a wall bounce the best bet is probably just 6C or 6C>shipuu, though I once saw a video where someone (I thin it was JackG himself) got the bounce near a corner and did a 5B to j.2C loop somehow.

You have tensionless combos only if you can land some kind of AA in the corner.

Highest damage output haku has is 9 magatama corner off 6c CH at 9190 for me.

landing gurren and you can:

If CH:

6c and super.

All cases:

enma into normal combo.

can you elaborate on the 9190 dmg combo? :o

It's extremely rare (if ever) that you will get to use it, but sure. 6C Counter hit > renka (1) > zantetsu > 2c > j2c > jc > 5c > gurren > 5c > zantetsu > 3c Replace 3c with 6c on rachel and tager. Edit: i should mention that the jc needs to be delayed till the very last moment or 5c will not connect. Also, against certain characters you will need to super jump the j2c.

I guess it all depends on how the 236A hits. If you get a counter hit yo can do pretty much anything, if you get a wall bounce the best bet is probably just 6C or 6C>shipuu, though I once saw a video where someone (I thin it was JackG himself) got the bounce near a corner and did a 5B to j.2C loop somehow.

You can actually juggle with 2C after a close to the corner 236A, but I was likely just being lazy and doing 5B :sweatdrop: Do as I say, not as I do. 236A in corner juggle is tricky, as if you're too close to the corner, they bounce out of it and you don't get that sweet corner combo. If they are that distance in that you would get them to bounce out, just do 214B instead for the corner loop. You'll see the distance that I'm talking about if you try it out.

I updated the first post with 4r5's neater and more complete combo list he posted a few pages back. Thanks again 4r5 for that list!

"dash > 214B > d.j, falling C, land, 2C > j.2C, airdash (j.?)2C = 3410" ^-- I can't get anything in this whole section to connect right from the start. 214B > doublejump doesn't even seem to be a valid cancel as far as I can tell...is there some tiny window in the 214B motion where you can jump cancel it? I also can't get 236A, 6C to link full stop because the comp just techs and it doesn't hit no matter how I time it. Is that a spacing issue? EDIT: Also why does it have to be dash? I have been trying it, I just don't understand what properties it adds.

"dash > 214B > d.j, falling C, land, 2C > j.2C, airdash (j.?)2C = 3410"

^-- I can't get anything in this whole section to connect right from the start. 214B > doublejump doesn't even seem to be a valid cancel as far as I can tell...is there some tiny window in the 214B motion where you can jump cancel it?

I also can't get 236A, 6C to link full stop because the comp just techs and it doesn't hit no matter how I time it. Is that a spacing issue?

EDIT: Also why does it have to be dash? I have been trying it, I just don't understand what properties it adds.

I can field this one. You you the arial property of the dash to make the 214B a j.214B. There's another thread on the specifics, but basically you can cancel the dash into j.214B and j.214C since the hop counts as being airborne. Also, his j.214B resets your air options so it can be jump canceled to get the double jump. The rest of that combo is just continuing on to a normal j.2C air combo.

on the 236A thing it either might have to be a counter hit or you might be holding the 6C too long. It can be delayed for extra damage by holding the button but it's hard to see the difference so you might be delaying it without knowing.

OHHHHHHHHHHHH I did the TK 214 thing by accident and didn't make the connection. Thanks. EDIT: I figured out the problem with the other thing on my own - it works fine at midscreen, but not in the corner apparently. Guess I'll try and keep track of corner combos in my head separately.

I don't care that he's low tier, I've come to love Haku and now sub the guy. He's really more mobile than given credit for, and hits like a tank.

Now, a few questions after raping the general online populace:

- Any tension-less (magatama-less?) combos worthy of use? I find myself running out of stars fairly quickly, so long 0 star combos are what I look for (outside of j.2C loop, unless you can get that off with 0 stars).

- What's the highest damage combo Haku possesses (outside of that 8 magatama super)?

- Any more complete list of combos than what's in the first post?

- If I hit with 236A (as first hit of the combo), what are my best choices of combos?

I'll just post my favorite tensionless combos, I'm sure they're covered in the first two posts of the thread though.

2Ax4

Very useful for just wasting time and getting some stars.

j.C > 2C > sjc > j.2C > ad > j.C

You have to hit an airborne opponent, if you're on the ground you can just 2C and omit the j.C. if you hit the corner remember to j.2C xN instead of j.C. If you're right next to the corner you're better off doing the j.2C loop instead.

Air throw > j.C (or j.B if you're very close to the ground) > 2C > sjc > j.2C > ad > j.C

This one is probably his best star-less combo, good to go for air throws if you have no stars or don't want to use them.

6B CH > jump in j.C > 2C > sjc > j.2C > ad > j.C

6D > jump in j.C > 2C > sjc > j.2C > ad > j.C

For the 6D one depending on the distance you may need to walk forward a bit before you jump in, or super jump if you're really far.

there's plenty more but those are the ones I find myself using the most.

ryoko already posted his highest damage but its extremely situational. The best combo for 8 magatama is close to what he posted but its

214B (1) > 41236C > 5C > 41236C > 3C

You can combo into the 214B with whatever, 2A, 2B, 5C etc. or just start with the 214B. Damage varies depending on how you start it. You can milk more damage if you're in the corner by hitting 2C instead of 3C, then j.2C > j.C. Corner version does a little over 7000 damage. Very simple combo, easy to start with lots of options and huge damage so I recommend it whenever you have those 8 stars built up.

after 236A my favorite followup is 623A~A so I can do his air BNB. If you wall bounce them I usually do 6C > Shippu but if you don't want to use stars you can hop forward and hit 5B or 2C > j.2C > ad > j.2C

Can some one confirm for me just what Haku's air options are? He can airdash once after superjump, but is that all?

He can also airdash or jump after a j.214B even if he already dashed before it. If you had them near a corner you could 623AA>j.2C>airdash>j.2C>j.214B>jc>j.2C>j.214C and look like a total badass asshole if it kills them. edit: but his options reset only if the j.214B hits, and he can only do it once each time he leaves the ground I think.

Ok i was able to somewhat get down the timing for 623a~a,jc,2c The problem that i have now is the super jump cancel after 2c. The motion that i am gonna try is 2~2c9. Simply pressing 1,9 after 2c doesnt result in super jump for me. What motion do you guys use?

neon is right, it only resets his jump. hotaru is best used as launcher as opposed to a reset in air combos, imo.

5C seems to have lots of ground combo potential, but I'm having trouble using it properly to reset for double Zantetsus 41236C. I've seen it done though. Also whats this about an IAD Hotaru?

I'm wondering... Is there ever an instance where 214B(2) is more useful than 214B(1)? 214B(1) has that reverse proration property going for it, but is there anything that 214B(2) would combo into that 214B(1) wouldn't?

Super early IAD jc delay into hotaru = counter hit 80% of the time, and totally safe on block. Net worth of 4k+ damage, location on the screen dependent.

So do Hotaru during the recovery of j.c? Like, while still traveling forward right?

Try this in training mode: IAD and immediately stick out jc. At the correct distance, the tip will hit the target, then you can do hotaru when you have almost landed. The idea here is that you are baiting them into trying to punish you because you did an early jc and thus they should recover in time to stick out a poke and break out a combo when you land. But you don't land and instead stick out hotaru (basically dp their punish). This will almost always result in counterhit and a fairly decent amount of damage. This is a very good offensive pressure tool to keep your opponent honest. Very important in pushing your target into the corner. And of course, don't spam this shit. Use it when no more than a few times per match, if even. As for the question about renka, you only do one hit renka if you are going to burn most of your magatama for the next combo. Otherwise, 2 hit renka is much better for starting a low magatama cost combo.

I did that hotaru thing once. It won't always hit the shorter characters but the invuln frames are hella useful if you expect them to try and hit you with something big.

I find 66, j.214B to be pretty useless unless you are fighting someone what spams moves since j.214B isn't an overhead... If you do that you have two options: -Land and be punished. -Jump and escape. (or keep pressure if your fighting someone who can't beat your j.c with an antiair.) Not really worth I don't think, at least not for anything but a quick escape...unless I'm missing something here? TKin' it is great, esp when punishing moves you see coming, but not really doable as an apticipation move...it'll waste too many stars. For a quick over head in the corner: 66, j.214C, land, 2C, j.2c, j.c, land, 2c, sj.2c, etc... And what the hell do I do against Carl on a 6A+B? I can't see to get 236A to connect at all T_T